Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,182
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 719
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 04:46:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

John Bishop murders cow in cheap publicity stunt for kids TV show

Started by Joe Oakes, July 21, 2021, 09:21:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Oakes

Is there anything that John Bishop wouldn't do to further his career? Other than produce something with artistic merit. This cunt is going to end up a 'Sir' at this rate, and you people did nothing to stop it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-57916501

Alberon

QuoteThe Doctor Who star,

He's not been in it yet! Presumptuous git!

holyzombiejesus

I hate his comedy, his face turns my stomach and his voice upsets me but I'm led to believe he's quite a nice man.

Mr Banlon

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Alberon on July 21, 2021, 09:30:05 PM
He's not been in it yet! Presumptuous git!

Yup. Harry Potter Star Dr Who will join Naga and Comfrey on the red sofa on tomorrow's BBC Breakfast. You'll be riveted by the chat we've got in store

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 21, 2021, 09:55:59 PM
Yup. Harry Potter Star Dr Who will join Naga and Comfrey on the red sofa on tomorrow's BBC Breakfast. You'll be riveted by the chat we've got in store

Scorching satire. Ouch!

Mowing down livestock still beats his previous career as a Bez lookalike.

Sebastian Cobb

He's famous as 'that comedian who looks like bez' in my circles, nobody has really watched a set of his though.

fuck's sake half an hour too late

dissolute ocelot

He's a vegetarian so I'm glad he doesn't have the guilt of cowicide or birdicide. Though it might improve his acting if he had some raw trauma to draw upon while becoming embroiled in the Doctor's adventures. (I have seen him live and about the best thing you can say is that he seems like a nice bloke.)

bgmnts

I wonder why he was going for the Pembroke crossing and not the Holyhead one.

BlodwynPig

Goldentony

EY GERLZ

AVE YER EVER SLORTED A FUGGEN COW

FER DEH TELLEE??

poodlefaker

I feel like John Bishop should have a catchphrase. Thirty years ago he wouldn't have got on telly without one. Is that progress? "Eh! I see theeey've bought their council 'ouse!", as Des O'Connor wipes away a tear.
QuoteThe "council house" funnyman, 54, said he was driving through Wales on his way to catch a ferry to Ireland when the crash happened.

Echo Valley 2-6809

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on July 21, 2021, 09:42:24 PM
I hate his comedy, his face turns my stomach and his voice upsets me but I'm led to believe he's quite a nice man.

See replies 41 and 48 here: https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,58609.30.html

pigamus

Imagine John Bishop interviewing Holly Johnson

It would be like John Peel playing a record at the wrong speed

Echo Valley 2-6809

Quote from: pigamus on July 22, 2021, 11:35:28 PM
Imagine John Bishop interviewing Holly Johnson

It would be like John Peel playing a record at the wrong speed
"Dennn weee did Doooo Durr-iiibezz."

paruses

"Big chicken" is going to sound much funnier as a chat/panel show anecdote than "dog" - which is what I 100% believe it was.

JamesTC

paruses

Or  "Big children" and it's been misquoted because he couldn't possibly have been laughing when he said that. Could he? The man is a monster.

Mister Six

Who is Andrew? Why did the reporter not even acknowledge the weird "big chicken" thing? This is absolute gibberish.

Is "big chicken" something from his stand up? Does everyone know what it means? And if so, can someone explain it to me?

JCR

This is probably blasphemy here, but there was a charity show at the Edinburgh festival 10 years ago with Adam Hills, Bishop & Jason Bryne that was probably the funniest comedy show I've ever been to. Bishop has funny bones, it doesn't really translate on BBC1 but I don't care.