Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 12:52:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

A new front opens up in personal video production

Started by Enzo, July 21, 2021, 10:45:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Enzo

I think this professionally made funeral video might be the most bizarre thing I've seen in years.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1234345063676526

22 mins long, but amongst the slow motion closeups of family members and mourners there are many highlights.

There are some top wreaths including one of a nokia 3310.

Also a man doing a wheely on a moped.

Watch out for the bold shot choice for the graveyard as the guy's coffin is lowered into the grave. Apparently he was a member of an alleged burglary gang who were killed driving the wrong way down a motorway last week while legging it from the cops.

Johnny Yesno

turnstyle

I hope when I go someone makes me a wreath that says 'MAD MAN'.

EDIT: I'll also take one of those 'D'YA THINK I'M SOFT?' ones too please.

Johnny Yesno

QuoteYou know the score
get on the floor,
everybody do the dinosaur
don't be funny,
show me the money

With the angels now.

Johnny Yesno

Head, far end of coffin at 2m17s.

Tongue at 8m13s.

checkoutgirl

Excuse my language father but he was a fuckin' legend. This was actually said during the eulogy and I believe the priest was genuinely frightened. There's definitely an underclass of people who are proud of robbing and stealing. That's not even snobby, right wing or classist it's just unfortunately true.

You could ask them intellectualism and they're just gonna laugh at you.

Chairman Yang

Get out your headphones for the brief one-note plonk of the piano that abortively heralds the "IN LOVING MEMORY OF" before the music starts proper. It's only a funeral video, no sense in finessing it.

Butchers Blind

Uncle TechTip

Quote from: Chairman Yang on July 22, 2021, 10:06:14 AM
Get out your headphones for the brief one-note plonk of the piano that abortively heralds the "IN LOVING MEMORY OF" before the music starts proper. It's only a funeral video, no sense in finessing it.

"We do not own the right to this music"

Johnny Yesno

El Unicornio, mang

QuoteDuring Maguire's funeral, a screwdriver and torch were brought to the altar to remember the convicted burglar.

Dex Sawash

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: turnstyle on July 22, 2021, 09:35:28 AM
EDIT: I'll also take one of those 'D'YA THINK I'M SOFT?' ones too please.

To which the answer is 'I don't think you are now, no.'

sevendaughters

oh wow so last week I saw a funeral being filmed, drone shots outside the church, furtive bald guy with remote control stood a discreet distance away, the horses made up the same. it seemed more like a traditional sombre funeral, y'know, without the wheelies on dirt bikes. each to their own. i would pay money to suppress footage of my mum's funeral if it existed. weird world.

Icehaven

I'm struggling to imagine the circumstances under which anyone in their right mind would want to watch a video of a loved one's funeral. Is this just normal now that absolutely everything is filmed, photographed and shared or am I not completely out of touch and this is still an extremely strange thing to do? I mean the bunch in this one are obviously muppets who think they're in an episode of Peaky Blinders, but do people who aren't self-aggrandising narcissists do it as well?

hamfist

how to put this...

Is this a (settled) traveller community funeral ?

I have to say, I quite like it. I like cultures where a funeral celebrates the person rather than mourns the loss.

Icehaven

A lot of the comments offering condolences have been 'liked' with laughing face emojis. However difficult the video is to take seriously that's a bit of a shitty thing to do.

darby o chill

Quote from: hamfist on July 22, 2021, 01:59:53 PM
Is this a (settled) traveller community funeral ?

Dublin petty criminals. Three of them died when their stolen car, driving up the wrong side of a motorway, pursued by police, crashed into a truck & burst into flames.
A torch & screwdriver (burglary tools) were placed on his coffin.

Nice!

hamfist

Quote from: darby o chill on July 22, 2021, 02:28:35 PM
Dublin petty criminals. Three of them died when their stolen car, driving up the wrong side of a motorway, pursued by police, crashed into a truck & burst into flames.
A torch & screwdriver (burglary tools) were placed on his coffin.

Nice!

I still love it. RIP you naughty bastard.

steve98

The head coffin-handler had Stanley gloves (From the Stanley hand-ware range) on. I can't imagine why he'd need gloves (Possibly he feared the departed might putrify and leak out.)

EDIT. No that's wrong: he won't putrify: he was burned to a crisp in the wreck, so he's not gonna go runny (in the heat)

turnstyle

Quote from: steve98 on July 22, 2021, 04:28:43 PM
The head coffin-handler had Stanley gloves (From the Stanley hand-ware range) on. I can't imagine why he'd need gloves (Possibly he feared the departed might putrify and leak out.)

I'm assuming he doesn't want to leave any clean prints for the 'feds'.

Icehaven

Is that a pile of fresh horse manure at 12:24?

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: steve98 on July 22, 2021, 04:28:43 PM

EDIT. No that's wrong: he won't putrify: he was burned to a crisp in the wreck, so he's not gonna go runny (in the heat)

Quote from: WreathD'YA THINK I'M SOFT?

No, I think you're crispy.

Sherman Krank

Obviously a rank amateur, if you're a proper criminal the cops will film your funeral for free.