Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 02:27:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

largest disparity between initial grievance and your level of upset at it

Started by madhair60, July 22, 2021, 10:45:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

what's the most upset you've ever been by the least significant thing? Like as a made-up example, say you open a can of coke and it sprays a little bit of foam on your sleeve so you go to the nearest school and shoot as many children as possible before turning the gun on yourself, sticking it in your mouth and pulling the trigger only to find it empty so you look to the heavens and cry THE FINAL IRONY, IS IT? THE FINAL IRONY?? as the police marksman takes aim and squeezes the trigger. Stuff like that but it actually happened. please.

the science eel

Catching my shirt sleeve on the door handle as I'm entering a room so I shout 'for fuck's SAKE' and kick a load of shit about

madhair60

Quote from: the science eel on July 22, 2021, 10:49:56 AM
Catching my shirt sleeve on the door handle as I'm entering a room so I shout 'for fuck's SAKE' and kick a load of shit about

been there mate, been there, just put me into a full on almost-in-tears OH REALLY?? THIS NOW, IS IT?????? JUST WANTED TO GO IN A ROOM AM I NOT ALLOWED TO DO THAT WITHOUT FUCKING IT UP??????????????????

Greg Torso

Yes, very recently. Decided instead of paying seventy quid for a new hard drive I'd just smash my laptop up with a hammer in the bath. Very satisfying and didn't cost me a penny

Buelligan

I try to go the other way.  For my own sanity and inner peace.  Last night at work, got there on time but late for me because I always get in early because I know that everything goes to utter shit if I don't.  Anyway, walked in 37 degrees, really fucked, it's a long walk, arrived, everything gone to shit.  So suited up and started shifting that shit as fast as I could because we must have courage for our friends. 

Owner's wife walks in, carrying a bucket of cold old extremely dirty water that she'd brought from somewhere unspecified and far away.  Absolutely nothing to do with me or my job.  And said, Empty this now, because otherwise, clicks tongue and stares at the ceiling.

You know, I thought about smashing that bucket into her face repeatedly whilst screaming Rather than carrying it here, where we're all busy as fuck, preparing to earn your next manicure on minimum wage, why not empty that fucking shit yourself, you stupid cunt?  But I just smiled and said, sure thing!  Did it and got on with doing my part for the team.  It left me feeling very calm.

sevendaughters

Quote from: Buelligan on July 22, 2021, 11:06:24 AM
I try to go the other way.  For my own sanity and inner peace.  Last night at work, got there on time but late for me because I always get in early because I know that everything goes to utter shit if I don't.  Anyway, walked in 37 degrees, really fucked, it's a long walk, arrived, everything gone to shit.  So suited up and started shifting that shit as fast as I could because we must have courage for our friends. 

Owner's wife walks in, carrying a bucket of cold old extremely dirty water that she'd brought from somewhere unspecified and far away.  Absolutely nothing to do with me or my job.  And said, Empty this now, because otherwise, clicks tongue and stares at the ceiling.

You know, I thought about smashing that bucket into her face repeatedly whilst screaming Rather than carrying it here, where we're all busy as fuck, preparing to earn your next manicure on minimum wage, why not empty that fucking shit yourself, you stupid cunt?  But I just smiled and said, sure thing!  Did it and got on with doing my part for the team.  It left me feeling very calm.

recipe for playing warped cassettes of Mahler and eating nothing but custard wearing a Pikachu bedspread inside 20 years time, old sport

Greg Torso

I also bought some cheap canvas shoes a few months ago but they forgot to take the price tag off. I tried to smash it off with a hammer but ended up taking a huge chunk out of the windowsill (bye bye deposit lol). When that didn't work I flew into a rage and cut them into bits with a pair of scissors. I could have easily just gone back to the shop and asked them to remove the tag.

Buelligan

Quote from: sevendaughters on July 22, 2021, 11:08:31 AM
recipe for playing warped cassettes of Mahler and eating nothing but custard wearing a Pikachu bedspread inside 20 years time, old sport

Already there but handily, have handed in my fucking notice.  Fatter fish to fry. 

Greg Torso

And CHRIST don't remind me about the people who work in the cancer shop above whichm I live. Noisy, rowdy, five times a day come out the door and smoke weed, one of them is withered up like she's been in a microwave, she's the worst. Laughed at me when i got locked out. Pauline Fowler crisp packet bollocks

Chedney Honks

Not me but the other night my normally wonderful nature wife went mad because we moved house and the sink made a slightly different gurgling noise when water went down it and she was convinced it was broke or a leak. She mentioned it a few times over a couple of days and I waved it away which must have gradually annoyed her and then after she did the dishes, it started gurgling a bit and she said there it is again.

I said, 'it's a known thing, don't worry about it'.

What's a known thing?

'New appliances or whatever, boiler, fridge, they sound different to the old one and people always think they're broken, it's just different so you notice it'.

Where did you hear that?

'I don't know, it's just a known thing.'

Please stop saying it's a known thing (laughing but also irritated). How do you know it? You don't know anything about plumbing.

'I know enough. I read it somewhere, probably some forum.'

(laughing but disrespectfully) The comedy forum! What does the comedy forum know about sinks?

'It might not have been on the comedy forum.'

(really annoyed now) Well it's either that or the Animal Collective forum and it's not the fucking Animal Collective forum, is it!

(with a glint in my eye) 'It's just a known thing.'

STOP SAYING IT'S A KNOWN THING!

'Wait...listen...'

You listen!

'...It's stopped.'

*we both laughed*

She very rarely gets angry even with me, a annoying person, but sorry about what she said about the forum.

Norton Canes

Echo Valley 2-6809

Quote from: Chedney Honks on July 22, 2021, 11:13:00 AM
The comedy forum! What does the comedy forum know about sinks?

'It's not just Comedy actually. There's Bullshit as well.'

phes

Quote from: Chedney Honks on July 22, 2021, 11:13:00 AM
'I know enough. I read it somewhere, probably some forum.'

(laughing but disrespectfully) The comedy forum! What does the comedy forum know about sinks?

buzby

Chedney Honks

Quote from: Echo Valley 2-6809 on July 22, 2021, 11:15:50 AM
'It's not just Comedy actually. There's Bullshit as well.'

I did tell her that it's not just comedy when we were laughing about it shortly after. She said I know, there's also the boxing day shit.

bgmnts

I suppose any tiny show of being inconsiderate really sets me off; talking too loud, pushing in front in a queue, using phones whilst driving, parking in the disabled spaces, littering etc all really make me want that person to suffer a really severe karmic justice.

Sebastian Cobb

Knew someone who used to get so angry playing video games they'd sometimes gob at the telly in anger.

Thomas

Someone I know jocularly complained that they were having to repeatedly knock down birds' nests from their roof, as the sparrows were making a mess. Privately this really pissed me off and shoved me into a secretly foul mood.

On the spot, using my mobile phone, I did a bit of research and learned that it takes days for this particular species to meticulously build their nests, only for some invasive human to broom it to twigs because they're worried about an inconsequential dribble of bird shit getting on their wall for a month or so while the next generation of beautiful creatures is reared.

'Ooh I love living in the country with all the birdsong' - where do you think it comes from mate??

For social-familial reasons I wasn't in a position to fully express my irritation. I could only politely offer 'that's illegal, you know!' and 'apparently it takes them more than a week to build a nest'. I stewed for the rest of the week.

Bird species changed to protect identities.

H-O-W-L

Quote from: bgmnts on July 22, 2021, 11:23:52 AM
I suppose any tiny show of being inconsiderate really sets me off; talking too loud, pushing in front in a queue, using phones whilst driving, parking in the disabled spaces, littering etc all really make me want that person to suffer a really severe karmic justice.

Yeah, this is why I could never live in a larger city, I'm from a very small town and this sort of shit is a moral offense to me, especially pushiness or shoving about to get through crowds and the like.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

A month ago were ragin' cos the bus driver wasn't aware there was a family weekend ticket and we got charged £4 more for having to get 2 day passes. By the time I had checked this and gone back to him it's like '30 seconds for a refund mate 30 seconds maximum sorry about that mate'

It's your fucking fault you bellend! I wasn't going to hold the bus up while I researched the prices you should already fucking know.

So even though it was a small amount of money I couldn't let it go, bugged me so much I was still chuntering about it by the time we got to our destination.

Really hope he is rendered obsolete by technology and a chain ferry.

Buelligan

Quote from: Thomas on July 22, 2021, 11:40:18 AM
Someone I know jocularly complained that they were having to repeatedly knock down birds' nests from their roof, as the sparrows were making a mess. Privately this really pissed me off and shoved me into a secretly foul mood.

On the spot, using my mobile phone, I did a bit of research and learned that it takes days for this particular species to meticulously build their nests, only for some invasive human to broom it to twigs because they're worried about an inconsequential dribble of bird shit getting on their wall for a month or so while the next generation of beautiful creatures is reared.

'Ooh I love living in the country with all the birdsong' - where do you think it comes from mate??

For social-familial reasons I wasn't in a position to fully express my irritation. I could only politely offer 'that's illegal, you know!' and 'apparently it takes them more than a week to build a nest'. I stewed for the rest of the week.

Bird species changed to protect identities.

In one branch of my family tree I have a great grandfather who was born on a farm.  His father found him, about three or fourish, climbing up in the barn with a stick, towards some swallow nests and telling them I'll just prog you down now.  My great-great gaffer picked him by the pinafore[nb]I know he wore one, I've seen a photo[/nb] and explained why progging, no matter how apparently appealing, is never the answer.  That wisdom remains, passed down the generations, to my own unworthy heid.  And wisdom it is.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Ok, now this grievance is spectacular because it happened in 2012 and I still periodically think about it even though it is remarkably insignificant, of no further consequence to my or anyone's lives whatsoever and even though it annoys me to do so.

I lived for 3 months in a nice house albeit that the 1st floor shower (not an electric shower) ran hot and cold every 20 seconds regardless of what we did. Eventually a plumber came out to have a look. Normally with these things you expect them to do a control run to help understand what was happening, but instead, he unscrewed the shower head, laid it on the floor of the shower and sat there with a temperature reading.

Naturally, we explained that the water had been going freezing dogs bollocks cold, not just up and down a few degrees.

For whatever reason, the temperature on that occasion remained the same or similar. We had a think, maybe it was the time of day, something to do with the boiler perhaps. Again nothing changed.

He then explained that it's natural to have some variation in the shower and seemed to be packing things up as though we had wasted his time.

I politely asked if we could do a control run in the same conditions as the problem and he repeated himself, becoming really really obstructive as though he was wasting his time and wasn't going to be told what to do by some chump. So I said 'Can we just try it? Please?'

To which he really shirtily replied 'So you can tell the difference between 2 degrees up and down can you? "

Absolutely fuming at that cunt remark I repeated it was going freezing cold and I wouldn't have sent out for him otherwise. With his arms folded, he scoffed as I set it up how it was normally used with this smug expression like he was soon going to be proven right, standing back performatively as though this was nothing to do with him.

Except, instead of me the prick (who knows literally fuck all about plumbing) being owned by apparently fully qualified plumber, the problem started after about 30 seconds. My head slumped initially but right on cue the water went freezing cold, far past the point where you didn't need a temperature sensor, you could stick your hand in and need to  get a towel on it to warm it back up.

He just hadn't run a control test, one slight piece of information I retained from school. All of the hassle could have been avoided if he had actually listened to me and done the first and most sensible thing which was to witness the problem in the exact conditions they occurred.

But the attitude and unnecessarily confrontational approach of that arsehole has stayed with me for years. Maybe just every time a shower goes cold I'm reminded of 'You can tell the difference between 2 degrees up and down can you'.

Didn't even have the closure of any satisfying triumphalism because we still needed the cunt to fix the actual problem. It got half fixed and some excuses were made. We let it go as we were moving out shortly after and didn't want to have to interact with him anymore.

Maybe if I can track him down, glower at him like a gladiator towering over a vanquished foe and shout HAHAHAHAHAHA, that will finally bring me closure.

Icehaven

I once got so annoyed with a contestant on Come Dine With Me that I threw my TV remote at the screen so hard it damaged both of them. I no longer watch it.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

You managed to damage the contestant through the tv screen, like in a cartoon or something? That's actually quite impressive.

monkfromhavana

There's a guy in my workplace who, without going into much detail is an arsehole. The kind of  guy that on the first couple of meetings you think is ok, but as time goes on you realize is a dick.

Anyway, I had to get two buses to work, unfortunately they are the same two buses as this guy. There are a choice of two buses on the second part of the route that we can get. My bus pass covers both, his doesn't, so one day (even after I knew of his dickishness) I said I'd pay for him to go on the bus.

I would have accepted any one of the below responses

1: Saying thanks and just treating is a gift and not paying me back
2: Saying thanks and paying me back.

Instead he said, "Thanks, I'll buy you a beer sometime".

I really don't understand why this wound me up so much. It's like he's acknowledged a debt, but then offered to pay it off in a way that we both knew would never happen.

Icehaven

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on July 22, 2021, 01:23:58 PM
You managed to damage the contestant through the tv screen, like in a cartoon or something? That's actually quite impressive.

Just the screen and the remote unfortunately. Wish I'd damaged the contestant though, god I hated her, although I can't even remember why now. 

monkfromhavana

Quote from: icehaven on July 22, 2021, 12:34:38 PM
I once got so annoyed with a contestant on Come Dine With Me that I threw my TV remote at the screen so hard it damaged both of them. I no longer watch it.

I've taken to sticking this on as I work. At the risk of you putting your fist through your laptop screen / mobile screen etc, which contestant was it?

seepage

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on July 22, 2021, 01:23:58 PM

My dad got so annoyed with a tennis commentator he put his walking stick through the screen.

On our first foreign holiday together, my partner decided to "improve" my favourite t-shirt by converting it with a pair of kitchen scissors into a sleeveless vest with a low neck line. I thought my screaming fit and not letting it lie for a couple of days was proportional to the crime but apparently I was being very silly. For their own part, even if the slightest thing tips them over the edge, they must destroy something. Last time it was a new pair of sunglasses.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: monkfromhavana on July 22, 2021, 01:55:28 PM
There's a guy in my workplace who, without going into much detail is an arsehole. The kind of  guy that on the first couple of meetings you think is ok, but as time goes on you realize is a dick.

Anyway, I had to get two buses to work, unfortunately they are the same two buses as this guy. There are a choice of two buses on the second part of the route that we can get. My bus pass covers both, his doesn't, so one day (even after I knew of his dickishness) I said I'd pay for him to go on the bus.

I would have accepted any one of the below responses

1: Saying thanks and just treating is a gift and not paying me back
2: Saying thanks and paying me back.

Instead he said, "Thanks, I'll buy you a beer sometime".

I really don't understand why this wound me up so much. It's like he's acknowledged a debt, but then offered to pay it off in a way that we both knew would never happen.

I'd dread having to make small talk with colleagues on public transport daily. I've had a sense of dread and taken routes down side streets on the way to work to avoid catching up colleagues I have no problem with just because I'd prefer to be alone with my thoughts than making polite conversation.

Icehaven

Quote from: monkfromhavana on July 22, 2021, 02:02:16 PM
I've taken to sticking this on as I work. At the risk of you putting your fist through your laptop screen / mobile screen etc, which contestant was it?

Can't remember her name but she was blonde, mid-40s, and was one of those contenstants that deliberately dislikes absolutely everything everyone else serves, makes the most ridiculous, unfounded complaints and is downright rude in a pathetically misguided attempt to be a 'character', all with the most smug, smackable smirk on her face the entire time, like she was so obviously being a total shitbag on purpose and wanted everyone to know it.