Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 12:22:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

arseholes who have redeemed themselves

Started by madhair60, July 22, 2021, 10:48:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Banlon

Echo Valley 2-6809

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on July 22, 2021, 02:33:53 PM
I think Clarkson is more of a transition from OK (in the days when he wrote about cars) to unbelievable asshole then scale it back again.

He's said that his pieces to camera on the Farming show are unscripted, and he's more or less being himself most of the time, unchained from out-alphaing May and Hammond. Count me as another one who really likes it, but who can't sit through Top Gear or Grand Tour.

Anyway, he's got a second series that's already filming.

Sebastian Cobb

Is he any good at it? I gave up on top gear long ago but sometimes liked the daft challenges (like build a limo) and he seemed to play up to being a handless bastard.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 22, 2021, 02:46:24 PM
Is he any good at it? I gave up on top gear long ago but sometimes liked the daft challenges (like build a limo) and he seemed to play up to being a handless bastard.

I saw an interview with someone (it was either the bloke who used to own/run the farm, or from a neighbouring farm who was on hand for advice, can't remember which) a while ago and he said Clarkson got stuck in with absolutely everything (albeit with more expert help and guidance), even when the cameras weren't running and when they'd finished filming.  Didn't he fit out and prep his farm shop pretty much all on his own?

idunnosomename

Quote from: Mr Banlon on July 22, 2021, 02:36:39 PM
How's Goatse doing nowadays ?
he seems to have dropped off the face of the internet since the Gawker exposé.

https://gawker.com/finding-goatse-the-mystery-man-behind-the-most-disturb-5899787

if you follow the links his uploads stop in 2012 and the other one had its content deleted and hasn't been logged into for four years. the comments saying he's dead are probably trolls.

bit sad really. he'll be late 50s now.

why the fuck did I research this. it's too hot today.

Jerzy Bondov

Coming around on that Kevin Spacey guy

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: idunnosomename on July 22, 2021, 03:09:03 PM
he seems to have dropped off the face of the internet since the Gawker exposé.

https://gawker.com/finding-goatse-the-mystery-man-behind-the-most-disturb-5899787

if you follow the links his uploads stop in 2012 and the other one had its content deleted and hasn't been logged into for four years. the comments saying he's dead are probably trolls.

bit sad really. he'll be late 50s now.

why the fuck did I research this. it's too hot today.

Fond memories of a goatse appearing on a forum that had an explicit 'goaste = immediate ban' (whereas posting NSFW content without a warning would usually result in a stern warning) because someone had programmed their webserver to respond with the image when it thought people were hotlinking. Said website also put an automod in place to asterix it out with the intention of breaking links to it.

Mardukas

Fuck Clarkson and his friendly-face-of-racism shtick. He's beyond redemption.
Spend his whole life inventing tales of EU red tape and Germans coming for our way of life and then throws his hands in the air in mock horror at Brexit.
And have you seriously all just forgiven him for his oh so funny eeny, meeny, miny, moe?
I lost count years ago at the moronic wanna-be middle Englanders who took his proclamations on climate change as gospel. And I include his Chipping Norton chum David Blancmange Cameron in that with his "Get rid of the green crap" budget which destroyed our emerging renewables industry.
His supposed mea culpa was so pathetically half-arsed it amounted to nothing less than support for further climate damage.
I hope he still has a functioning brain when his fetid soul finally implodes dragging his head through his own rectum.

The Ombudsman

Simon Pegg?

He seemed to acknowledge his previous arsehole self in his Buxton podcast episode.

crankshaft

Quote from: Mardukas on July 22, 2021, 04:09:13 PM
Fuck Clarkson and his friendly-face-of-racism shtick. He's beyond redemption.
Spend his whole life inventing tales of EU red tape and Germans coming for our way of life and then throws his hands in the air in mock horror at Brexit.
And have you seriously all just forgiven him for his oh so funny eeny, meeny, miny, moe?
I lost count years ago at the moronic wanna-be middle Englanders who took his proclamations on climate change as gospel. And I include his Chipping Norton chum David Blancmange Cameron in that with his "Get rid of the green crap" budget which destroyed our emerging renewables industry.
His supposed mea culpa was so pathetically half-arsed it amounted to nothing less than support for further climate damage.
I hope he still has a functioning brain when his fetid soul finally implodes dragging his head through his own rectum.

Yes. He's a fucking cunt.

I'm reminded of Alan Bennett's comment about the rehabilitation of Oswald Mosely - "In England you only have to be able to eat a boiled egg at ninety and they think you deserve the Nobel Prize." That, or make some fucking docusoap slop and suddenly you're not a cunt, actually you're all right really

wooders1978

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on July 22, 2021, 02:54:23 PM
I saw an interview with someone (it was either the bloke who used to own/run the farm, or from a neighbouring farm who was on hand for advice, can't remember which) a while ago and he said Clarkson got stuck in with absolutely everything (albeit with more expert help and guidance), even when the cameras weren't running and when they'd finished filming.  Didn't he fit out and prep his farm shop pretty much all on his own?

You can tell from the show that he did indeed get stuck in and work very hard, genuinely farming - fair play to him

Jerzy Bondov

You're not going to turn CaB round on someone by saying they worked hard. Bunch of lazy bastards.

Cloud

Sticking neck out a bit here but my wild hot take is not really knowing how much of a cunt Clarkson is as he's an actor (evidence: any episode of Top Gear)

Enjoying the farm show though

Kankurette

Troy Deeney seems to have calmed down a bit and stopped beating people up.

Uncle TechTip

Timmy Mallett was the dictionary definition of a wally and probably still is, but he started painting and showed real flair and everyone likes him now.

non capisco

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on July 23, 2021, 01:33:06 AM
Timmy Mallett was the dictionary definition of a wally and probably still is, but he started painting and showed real flair and everyone likes him now.

Even back when he was an incredibly grating weapons grade pillock in the 'Wacaday' years he did that thing where he went out to apartheid South Africa and told his child audience 'this is fucking bullshit' (not in those exact words). Seems an alright bloke, aside from enslaving child hammers and refusing to let them go to the toilet.

Mardukas

Quote from: Cloud on July 22, 2021, 07:45:57 PM
Sticking neck out a bit here but my wild hot take is not really knowing how much of a cunt Clarkson is as he's an actor (evidence: any episode of Top Gear)

Enjoying the farm show though
Just so I understand, you're suggesting he only pretends to be a racist?

Cloud

Quote from: Mardukas on July 23, 2021, 02:45:21 PM
Just so I understand, you're suggesting he only pretends to be a racist?

More that it's not possible to know either way without knowing him personally.  Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't

dead-ced-dead

In recent interviews and in his more self-mocking recent performances (Galavant, for example), Vinnie Jones has seemed to mellow quite a lot and is seen as quite a dependable American TV actor and he used to be a horrible guy. I know he's gone through a lot of train with the passing of his wife, and nothing is more humbling than grief, so it's understandable.

I actually rate him and Timothy Omundson as the MVPs of Galavant.

Goldentony

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on July 22, 2021, 01:10:29 PM
Self-confessed tory, wasn't he?

if you're going to self confess something I guess you really should do it on stage at the party conference

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: Cloud on July 23, 2021, 03:56:39 PM
More that it's not possible to know either way without knowing him personally.  Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't

People who aren't racists do tend not to repeatedly say racist things on the telly (under their own name, not playing a character, fuck off with that actor shit) though.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: dead-ced-dead on July 23, 2021, 04:03:28 PM
In recent interviews and in his more self-mocking recent performances (Galavant, for example), Vinnie Jones has seemed to mellow quite a lot and is seen as quite a dependable American TV actor and he used to be a horrible guy. I know he's gone through a lot of train with the passing of his wife, and nothing is more humbling than grief, so it's understandable.

I actually rate him and Timothy Omundson as the MVPs of Galavant.

I saw that first TV interview Jones did after his wife died, it was either BBC or ITV breakfast show, and it was genuinely quite moving.  Whichever channel it was (in fact now I think of it it must've been ITV cos there was more than one ad break during the interview) they gave him a LOT of time and breathing space and basically just let him talk.  It felt very much like a therapy session.  He talked a lot about what a cunt he used to be and attributed the change in his personality, his sobriety and self improvement 100% to his wife and son.  I remember it vividly cos I was in the gym at the time and a couple of others watching it were in tears.

Unfortunately he's still a massive royalist and hard right tory/republican, soooooo.........

easytarget

easytarget

Quote from: The Ombudsman on July 22, 2021, 04:13:21 PM
Simon Pegg?

What badness did he do? (apart from some terrible comedy films).

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: easytarget on July 23, 2021, 09:41:04 PM
What badness did he do? (apart from some terrible comedy films).

Massively inflated ego post Spaced when he started being in films and his social media posts at the time were written as if he was the second coming.  He was also rude to fans and interviewers and, IIRC, talked down about some of the people he worked with who hadn't made it as far up the ladder.  I think someone on here said that Nick Frost and/or Bill Bailey had a word with him a few years ago, after which he took every opportunity to apologise for the way he acted (I suspect the prospect of working regularly with Tom Cruise also made him clean up his public act).

I can't remember if he ever got as bad as stereotypical "on-set megalomaniac prick" and much of what he DID do is very small beer compared with most stuff we hear about now.

Regardless, I still think The World's End is an abysmal film

pigamus

Mardukas

Quote from: Cloud on July 23, 2021, 03:56:39 PM
You really are a stupid cunt aren't you.

idunnosomename

Quote from: pigamus on July 23, 2021, 10:02:34 PM
How so?
yeah chinny reckon here. not sure she was ever an arsehole in the first place either

Cloud

Quote from: Mardukas on July 23, 2021, 11:39:44 PM
You really are a stupid cunt aren't you.

You know (in context also with his attacks in the pub thread), I'm very much reminded of why I left last time.  Hand wringing, holier-than-thou, obnoxious little twats like this.  They ruin what should be a good forum, and it's rife.

Well done, you win.  Your echo chamber is safe: you'll be glad to hear, I'm out.