Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 05:43:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

arseholes who have redeemed themselves

Started by madhair60, July 22, 2021, 10:48:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

idunnosomename

imagine flouncing from an internet forum over jeremy clarkson.

St_Eddie

Well, I certainly hope you're happy with yourself, @Mardukas, if that even is your real name.

Mardukas

Quote from: Cloud on July 24, 2021, 01:38:21 AM
You know (in context also with his attacks in the pub thread), I'm very much reminded of why I left last time.  Hand wringing, holier-than-thou, obnoxious little twats like this.  They ruin what should be a good forum, and it's rife.

Well done, you win.  Your echo chamber is safe: you'll be glad to hear, I'm out.
Banter.

(You cunt)

bgmnts

Fambo Number Mive

You know (in context also with his attacks in the pub thread), I'm very much reminded of why I left last time.  Hand wringing, holier-than-thou, obnoxious little twats like this.  They ruin what should be a good forum, and it's rife.

Well done, you win.  Your echo chamber is safe: you'll be glad to hear, I'm out.

You can put them on ignore - don't go.

Bernice

I don't think there is any moral difference between 'pretending to be a racist' and 'being a racist'. Not even convinced there's an ontological distinction between 'is a racist' and 'is a person who does racism'.

I think a lot of addicts who get clean fall into the redeemed arseholes camp. Requires a certain amount of self-reflection, criticism, and honesty that will excorsise a lot of cuntiness.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Oh wow that is a fucking spectacular reason to flounce from a forum.

Jesus imagine actually having that level of resilience.

Dex Sawash

At least drop by the disproportionate reactions thread on the way out

Chollis

Cloud

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on July 24, 2021, 11:06:59 AM

I mean yeah if it was just the one off then it'd be silly, but it's not is it.  There's this concept known as "the straw that broke the camel's back".  It's just as it was last time (except I flounced silently to avoid all the "lol he flounced" abuse).  Say something that doesn't conform, get abuse and name calling and people following you into other threads to continue it there. Like 99% of posters on here can't stand me so what's the point? Why waste time around those who hate you when that time can be spent around those who don't? (May seem odd, but they exist)

hamfist

Mardukas

Funny thing - the majority were tugging their foreskins in due deference to Clarkson.
So much for non-conformity.
Apparently a few decades of racism gets forgiven if you work on a farm.
So that's me told.

Cuellar

Jockice

Simon. You know, Richard's mate? Well if you don't, the first time I met him I thought he was possibly the biggest arsehole I'd ever met in my life. But he's not that bad really. Just not very good at first impressions.

Barry Admin

Quote from: Cloud on July 24, 2021, 01:53:24 PM
I mean yeah if it was just the one off then it'd be silly, but it's not is it.  There's this concept known as "the straw that broke the camel's back".  It's just as it was last time (except I flounced silently to avoid all the "lol he flounced" abuse).  Say something that doesn't conform, get abuse and name calling and people following you into other threads to continue it there. Like 99% of posters on here can't stand me so what's the point? Why waste time around those who hate you when that time can be spent around those who don't? (May seem odd, but they exist)

You're always gonna get some push back on a forum. Use the ignore function if it bothers you to the point where you wanna leave: https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=87027.0

Cloud

Mm. Well there's pushbacks and hurling insults. But we'll see. I think much like Clarkson I'm beyond redemption to many and the thing about ignore is it isn't 2-way so people can still continue to demonise you unchallenged (not that anyone's minds are ever changed, mind)

Cloud

McChesney Duntz

Could be your fault for choosing a username that's just begging for "Old Man Yells at Cloud" moments. I mean, really.

But look, I don't think everyone's as aligned against you as you believe they are. Stick around.

Cloud

Milo

Quote from: Bernice on July 24, 2021, 09:18:50 AM
I don't think there is any moral difference between 'pretending to be a racist' and 'being a racist'. Not even convinced there's an ontological distinction between 'is a racist' and 'is a person who does racism'.

It's an interesting philosophical point, are you actually a racist if your racism just stays inside your own inviolable thoughts?

Cloud

Definitely possible to be a "passive" racist.

Though anyone who played Hitler in various movies needs to be cancelled, obviously

Milo

Only the interactions matter. A racist whose interactions never affect a subject of racism is indistinguishable from a non-racist.

Bernice

Probably the concept of 'a racist' (and, more broadly, good or bad people) is always contentious (what can we possibly claim to know about the interiority of people?) and morally useless (on what grounds can/should we condemn people beyond their words and deeds?).

On which basis, we can say that we may never know if Clarkson truly is a cunt in his essence, but he has said and done enough cunty things for the descriptor to apply pragmatically as a shorthand summary of a lifetime's deeds.

madhair60

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on July 24, 2021, 11:06:59 AM

shut the fuck up you pig

idunnosomename

if someone calls me a cunt im usually like haha YUP because theyre probably right. then I set out to redeem myself by punching less producers and living on a farm

Person who started all this hasn't even got an avatar.

Cloud did.

If you haven't got a photo, shove it up your boato.