Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 11:01:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

NHS staff in England to get 3% pay rise

Started by Fambo Number Mive, July 22, 2021, 08:55:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

GB News and other right-wing outlets trying to claim that NHS staff in England are "lucky" for a 3% pay rise. A 3% pay rise is still not enough, especially as junior doctors in the NHS are being excluded from the pay award.

Interesting how none of the Tory twitter accounts complaining about the 3% rise coming out of "our taxes" seem to mind £54 million being given to the French police for border patrols to stop desperate people fleeing war or poverty, or £200m being spent on a yacht so Boris Johnson can pretend to be Winston Churchill. Or the "Brexit plane" that only flew once in its promotional role in the past five months after £900k paint job

Give NHS staff a 15% pay rise and tell anyone who complains to campaign against government waste like the two examples in this post. It's really frustrating how the right continue to win the propaganda war.

madhair60

cool, £41.40 a month. that'll go far for me

Shit Good Nose

They're only doing it so they can justify their 10%+ pay rise in April next year, whilst giving a backhanded "conservative MPs of course voted overwhelmingly to not receive a pay increase at all during 2020 and 2021, so this 3% for NHS staff goes to show what true heroes they are".