Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:22:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Why don’t Americans have proper money?

Started by touchingcloth, July 22, 2021, 09:21:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

touchingcloth

One dollar bills, no chip and pin, and they still use cheques. It's madder than them all being called Bute Megaminge and getting no maternity leave.

Shit Good Nose

Worst thing about American money (aside from 99.9999% of the paper bills being riddled with bad drugs) is the fucking stink of the notes.  What the fuck do they make them out of, old ballsacks and bumholes?

touchingcloth

Yeah, I have a ONE DOLLAR note from a trip there in 2015, and it still absolutely honks. I imagine, I haven't looked at it since 2015. Truly filthy lucre.

greenman

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on July 22, 2021, 09:50:21 PM
Worst thing about American money (aside from 99.9999% of the paper bills being riddled with bad drugs) is the fucking stink of the notes.  What the fuck do they make them out of, old ballsacks and bumholes?

Actually yes, of former presidents, its what replaced the gold standard.

JesusAndYourBush

I don't get why every value note looks the same, plus they've had the same design for years... it must make it easy for forgers.

Around 1979 I found a bunch of old confederate notes in the snow one winter (I thought they were real at first until I was told they'd been free in bubblegum some years earlier.) ...But these notes were beautifully printed on good paper, and had different designs for each value. ... So it's quite something that bubblegum money is better than the real thing!