Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:52:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Vic Reeves (with Bob Mortimer) ITV1 Sketch Show?

Started by Godzilla Bankrolls, February 29, 2004, 09:05:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Godzilla Bankrolls

I saw Vic Reeves on the front of one of those real bad men's weeklies, and he's doing a new sketch show with loads of celebs, apparently.

http://www.ananova.com/entertainment/story/sm_836008.html?menu=entertainment.comedy

Apologies if this has already done the rounds.

Darrell

Right, I'll bash out what I've heard...

It's an actual spin-off of The Sketch Show, using the same format. The main cast is Coogan, Reeves and Mortimer, and Lucas and Walliams, with Harry Hill and Ronnie Corbett heading the rest of the numerous cameos and guest appearances planned.

It might work, it might not. For the record, I quite like The Sketch Show, if only because it's utterly impossible to dislike it. Just an addictive atmosphere generally - Vine, Mack and Tavaré are all sickeningly likeable chaps. The women drag it down a bit - and Julia Morris will never be anything other than useless, but it's a show which I always feel compelled to watch. The material's frequently poor, granted, but it's all performed with such oomph and silliness it draws you in...

The very first broadcast episode of The Sketch Show in 2001 was of an astonishingly high standard, it's a shame there wasn't as much quality material to go round the rest of the series. If the show was a bit more tightly script-edited and just featured the males, it could be a classic.

DuncanC