Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 11:16:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Supermarket Spiderman attack

Started by Mrs Wogans lemon drizzle, July 23, 2021, 05:17:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wooders1978

Quote from: ZoyzaSorris on July 24, 2021, 07:33:56 PM
Still trying to work out any sense from any of this. Anyone want to explain what the fuck a single thing in this whole farrago means?

So *allegedly* they went and "done a prank" and were promptly kicked out, but security went in a bit heavy on the wheelchair fella which led to them, thinking they were in some war with all the Asda staff on duty, kicking off and beating everyone up - absolute scum dickheads, I sincerely hope they all rot in a cell to be honest

Kankurette

Quote from: bgmnts on July 24, 2021, 09:23:53 AM
Is Fox too thick to realise that it's men being men that starts these scraps in the first place?
Yes.

I also hate it when people talk about 'men being men'. Always goes hand in hand with the idea that men should all be STRONG and MANLY and shouldn't have feelings or ride inflatable unicorns in a pool[nb]This is a reference to a photo of the England players messing around with said inflatables and some da commenting with 'remember when men were men?' because the toxic lad culture of the '90s was so much better, natch[/nb] or treat women like human beings.

wooders1978

Quote from: Kankurette on July 24, 2021, 09:23:56 PM
Yes.

I also hate it when people talk about 'men being men'. Always goes hand in hand with the idea that men should all be STRONG and MANLY and shouldn't have feelings or ride inflatable unicorns in a pool[nb]This is a reference to a photo of the England players messing around with said inflatables and some da commenting with 'remember when men were men?' because the toxic lad culture of the '90s was so much better, natch[/nb] or treat women like human beings.

Without wishing to basically agree with fox (that's got me badly liked before) I think his objection to people, yep, men, standing around and filming rather than trying to help in some way as a woman gets knocked out by some chav dressed as a ninja turtle is a fair one - he has it hopelessly over the top wrong as usual, but the premise I reckon is a fair one

It's a tough one, but I don't see me in this standing about with a load of blokes with our cameras out happening in my town, however there is a pretty strong community here

Quote from: wooders1978 on July 24, 2021, 09:34:47 PM
Without wishing to basically agree with fox (that's got me badly liked before) I think his objection to people, yep, men, standing around and filming rather than trying to help in some way as a woman gets knocked out by some chav dressed as a ninja turtle is a fair one - he has it hopelessly over the top wrong as usual, but the premise I reckon is a fair one

It's a tough one, but I don't see me in this standing about with a load of blokes with our cameras out happening in my town, however there is a pretty strong community here

What exactly would you have done in this situation then mate?

Kankurette

Quote from: wooders1978 on July 24, 2021, 09:34:47 PM

In other words, he's right for the wrong reasons.

People should intervene if it's safe rather than standing around filming, but it's got nothing to do with ~men being men~.

Bernice

Imagine watching these lads choke to death on big long turds. Bliss.

wooders1978

Quote from: Foggy Buntwhistle on July 24, 2021, 09:36:47 PM

I would not have stood about "filming" for a start - it is a hard one because basically you could either get yourself in trouble, or hurt, so the instinct would be not to get involved, however, I do think I'd have tried to appeal for peace as a neutral and tried to calm things down between all parties - I'm affable and relatively big, ergo potentially hard, and I am experienced with people who want to intimidate I.e. the sort who knockout the checkout girl rather than anyone who has a chance to fight back and also experienced calming down fights due to hanging out with nutters in my early life

wooders1978

Quote from: Kankurette on July 24, 2021, 09:50:13 PM
In other words, he's right for the wrong reasons.

People should intervene if it's safe rather than standing around filming, but it's got nothing to do with ~men being men~.

Yes, exactly

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

At least the disabled Gary was easy to handle. Just grab hold of his wheelchair and push him away, like Alan Partridge did to Vicki Pepperdine when he wanted to do a bit of networking with yer woman from Colman's Mustard.

Johnny Yesno

wooders1978

Edit - nah, you're not worth it jonny

ZoyzaSorris

Quote from: wooders1978 on July 24, 2021, 09:12:52 PM
So *allegedly* they went and "done a prank" and were promptly kicked out, but security went in a bit heavy on the wheelchair fella which led to them, thinking they were in some war with all the Asda staff on duty, kicking off and beating everyone up - absolute scum dickheads, I sincerely hope they all rot in a cell to be honest

Guy seems like a really awful idiot and looking forward to hearing that he is going to prison now to be honest

Butchers Blind

Quote from: Foggy Buntwhistle on July 24, 2021, 09:36:47 PM

There's a lot of useful stuff in a supermarket you can go in hard with. You just have to think like tough guys - John Wick, Denzel Washington's Equalizer or Saul Goodman as Mr Nobody.

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: wooders1978 on July 24, 2021, 09:56:26 PM
I would not have stood about "filming" for a start - it is a hard one because basically you could either get yourself in trouble, or hurt, so the instinct would be not to get involved, however, I do think I'd have tried to appeal for peace as a neutral and tried to calm things down between all parties - I'm affable and relatively big, ergo potentially hard, and I am experienced with people who want to intimidate I.e. the sort who knockout the checkout girl rather than anyone who has a chance to fight back and also experienced calming down fights due to hanging out with nutters in my early life

Going to check that the person he punched was alright, making sure an ambulance was on its way for her or even ringing the police would have also been ways to help without risking violence. However in the moment I think a lot of people just don't know what to do.

Fambo Number Mive

It's clear we need to find ways to better protect retail workers and customers from both idiots like these and customers who put others at risk.

Youtube also needs to be pressured to shut down any other accounts like these.

Jockice

Quote from: wooders1978 on July 24, 2021, 09:12:52 PM
security went in a bit heavy on the wheelchair fella.

As someone who quite regularly gets pushed where I'm not actually going AND questioned as to what I'm doing by staff (both happened in a bar I went into yesterday) I can sort of understand why the bloke would get frustrated. But then I don't go into places with gangs of attention-seeking troublemakers in fancy dress. Not often anyway