Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,576,478
  • Total Topics: 106,648
  • Online Today: 708
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 04:43:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

RIP Peter Rehberg

Started by jobotic, July 23, 2021, 06:41:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jobotic

Fuck. Iove his stuff as Pita and recently managed to get his album as DACM. Mego is a great label

Also coming up to five years since one of my closest friends died of a sudden heart attack at the age of 53, just like Rehberg. What a load of shit.

chveik

terrible news. Pita is great and so are some of his collabs like The Return of Fenn O'Berg and MIMEO

lazyhour

Awful news. Will play the Fenn O'Berg records tomorrow.

jobotic

Yeah the Fenn O'Berg records are great. KTL had their moments too.

Don't know MIMEO, will go and have a search.

A mix he did that appeared on some academic website years and years ago when I first had a pc introduced me to A Cold Cell by Coil so I'm grateful for that too.

chveik

Quote from: jobotic on July 23, 2021, 10:26:02 PM
Don't know MIMEO, will go and have a search.

it's an electro acoustic improv supergroup. bit exhausting to listen to but also very rewarding. i'd recommend the live albums

Another vote for Fenn O'Berg, also Peterlicker - 'Nicht' is a fantastic album when you're in the mood.

Sad news.

McQ

So shocked by this news. It's not just his amazing solo work, and collaborations, but also the stuff he was doing with Editions Mego, all the related sub-labels, and Recollections/Portraits GRM. It was all just beyond incredible. Stuff that he's been involved in across all those different avenues must make up a really sizeable chunk of my record collection. Anything he had a hand in would always be worth picking up. He's one of those people who is like a kind of lodestar for interesting and ambitious experimental music. ​Almost my entire Twitter feed was full of fond recollections of him, which was nice to see. Seems like he was a hugely supportive of his peers. I listened to Get Out by PITA the day I heard the news. His hit single, Get Out 3, still packs a real punch.

jobotic

As did I. Such a great piece of music.

wrec

A huge loss. Have been an avid collector of the Recollection GRM releases over the last few years as well as getting the odd Mego release, though somehow haven't yet delved into Rehberg's own music. I got a few emails from him about orders etc, and considering his staggering level of activity I think it says a lot that he was still dealing with that kind of thing himself.