Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:55:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

theoldnet.com

Started by Lewman, July 23, 2021, 08:53:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lewman

I was watching a youtube video today where a terrific site called http://theoldnet.com was being discussed.

This site uses the waybackmachine data but in a much more functional way. You enter the web address and year and can start viewing and navigating (depending on archived data on wayback) the site like you would have back in the day.

So for those who want to navigate the cookdandbombd site back in 2000 heres the link -

https://theoldnet.com/get?url=www.cookdandbombd.co.uk&year=2000&scripts=false&decode=false

Wonder if it might be fun posting links to websites of old for all of us to take a look at?

-Lewman

JamesTC

Savile sues over spoof death announcement

By Andrew Culf

19th January 1995

The future of Radio 1 presenter Chris Morris looks uncertain after Sir Jimmy Savile said yesterday that he was suing the station over a spoof announcement of his death, writes Andrew Culf. The veteran presenter of Jim'll Fix It, who worked for Radio 1 for 20 years, said his Christmas had been ruined by anxious calls after an item broadcast on Morris's Boxing Day programme said he had collapsed and died. Chris Morris, star of BBC2's The Day Today, was suspended by Radio 1 for a fortnight last July after he announced the death of the Trade and Industry Secretary, Michael Heseltine.

Sir Jimmy's solicitors, Biddle and Co, said the item was deplorable and irresponsible. A Radio 1 spokeswoman said: ``We can confirm a letter from Sir Jimmy's solicitors has been received.'' Sir Jimmy joked on Boxing Day: ``I'm in Scarborough in Yorkshire. So yes, I'm in heaven.'' However, he was annoyed by the spoof announcement especially when hospitals with which he is associated were also inundated with calls.

Lovely stuff.

idunnosomename

just went to goatse.cx, cheered, now am at a loss.

wayback is a pain in the ass though. the rest of archive.org is good but often wayback has me tearing my hair out to find a crawl that isnt just an error

idunnosomename

they actually kept the old website for space jam, bless em

https://www.spacejam.com/1996/

PlanktonSideburns

Delighted to confirm that ibanez.co.uk was for a couple of years a picture of two girls kissing at a party with the words YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE written above them

Been haunting me for years that

Sherringford Hovis

" Sorry, your computer isn't able to use this chat room, please get a proper job, and save up for a computer which isn't a bundle of shite.

Neil "

"A bundle of shite" and "a shower of bastards" were my Irish Nan's two favourite descriptors. You guys are practically family.