Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:15:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Mega thunderstorms

Started by bgmnts, July 24, 2021, 06:43:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

Anyone else getting these this morning? Cunts so loud it woke me up. Insane levels of rain as well.

C_Larence

Can smell it coming in the air. Should be hitting here in the next couple of hours according to BBC weather. I often feel quite rotten before thunderstorms, always assumed it's related to the air pressure or something. The malaise disperses pretty quickly once the storm hits.

Replies From View

Gardeners will be holding up roots and ballsacks and saying "it was supposed to rain..... but not like this  :("

timebug

Not had any here...yet! But last night we had thunder that shook the windows.Really amazingly lous claps that made me wonder if they went 'up to eleven' as it were. And about two hundred spots of rain on the ground,but no more. Weird!

Echo Valley 2-6809

Not much happening right now according to the Live Lightning map https://www.lightningmaps.org/#m=oss;t=3;s=0;o=0;b=;ts=0;

Shoulders?-Stomach!

bgmnts

Look at the amount of lightning that North America gets.  Mental.

WhoMe

One huge flash then a massive, prolonged clap of thunder this morning and that was it. Just before I'd looked out the window and noticed the cloudy sky had an acrid yellow tinge to it, dunno if that's related.

Echo Valley 2-6809

Quote from: bgmnts on July 24, 2021, 02:47:35 PM
Look at the amount of lightning that North America gets.  Mental.

Yeah, accumulated lightning strokes for the last 48 hours.

You'd think they'd have got the sound of thunder right in their movies by now.