Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,576,475
  • Total Topics: 106,648
  • Online Today: 708
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 03:53:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Xbox Series X exclusive games worth buying?

Started by Pinball, July 24, 2021, 09:31:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinball

I pre-ordered MS Flight Simulator, of course (release date 27 July). Frankly this game is why I'm getting a Series X (whenever the console gets restocked anyway!). No sign of when the 2 'big games' Forza Horizon 5 and Halo Infinite will be available, so I can't pre-order those yet.

Any games also available for PS5 I'm excluding as I'll buy the PS5 version (as I'll have a PS5 in a few days, but Series X god knows when).

Any other Series X exclusive games worth considering? There seem to be a number of unproven indie titles, which may be great but who knows? And a number of Series X/Xbox One games, but any different from the Xbone?

Cheers guys.

Pinball

Cool thanks. Some hopefully good games I ordered that are available on Xbox Series X & PS5 (so I ordered the PS5 versions) are:

Resident Evil Village
Aliens: Fireteam Elite
Watch Dogs Legion

I haven't bought so many games for a while, so hopefully these will be good :-)

Timothy

All of those Xbox exclusive games are or will be day one inGamepass as well. Might be worth looking into that. For around 120 pounds you can get three years worth of Gamepass.

BeardFaceMan

Forza Horizon 5 is coming on the 9th of November, you can pre-order it now, can't fucking wait.

Quote from: Timothy on July 24, 2021, 11:10:03 AM
All of those Xbox exclusive games are or will be day one inGamepass as well. Might be worth looking into that. For around 120 pounds you can get three years worth of Gamepass.

With minimal effort you can get Gamepass for free.

Timothy

How? Not for longer then three months right?

BeardFaceMan

By using reward points. Do some searches every day on your browser, log in to the app every day, you get points for playing games and getting achievements, points for installing games from the app, that kind of thing. I've been doing it for 6 months or so now, it's not even 5 minutes work a day.

Thursday

I've been doing this, but it seems like a lot of points needed even before you get one month. Like I'm definitely on track to get another month before the 3 month trial is over, but I don't see how I could earn enough in one month to pay for the next month.

BeardFaceMan

You can get 150 points a day just from using Bing for searches, that's around 4,500 points a month. You also get daily sets for your browser and you get bonuses for doing it every day. Use the rewards app on the xbox and you can get even more points, they have monthly and weekly tasks which usually just involves going to a game's store page. Same with the Gamepass app, log into that every day and that's more points, install a game from it, more points, play a game, more points, get an achievement, more points. You only need around 7,500 points a month to get a month free of gamepass, it's very doable. The only thing I would say is that you need to do it every day to keep your bonuses active, if you miss a day, your bonus goes back to zero.

Thursday

Yeah I did only recently notice I'd been missing out on the bing searches, but I thought a month was 12,000 points. I guess that's just ultimate?

BeardFaceMan

Yeah that's for the Ultimate pass, if you just want it for pc or xbox separately then it's cheaper.

Thursday

I can't even see the option to redeem just Xbox though, only options seem to be Ultimate or PC

BeardFaceMan

Use the points to get cash for your xbox account. The only downside there is that you can only do it in £5 increments and it costs £8 per month for the xbox pass. But once you get going, you'll get enough points for £10 credit, buy the pass, have £2 credit in your account, the next month you just redeem £5 credit, that gives you £7. And then the next month you'll have enough to get £10 credit, and repeat the process. So if you do that you're effectively paying £1 for gamepass every 2 months.

bgmnts

Quote from: Timothy on July 24, 2021, 11:10:03 AM

Indeed. Although usually the first three months will be one pound.

madhair60

Quote from: Thursday on July 24, 2021, 12:05:26 PM
I've been doing this, but it seems like a lot of points needed even before you get one month. Like I'm definitely on track to get another month before the 3 month trial is over, but I don't see how I could earn enough in one month to pay for the next month.

Rewards app on console will give you around 1,000 extra p/w just from deals, then there's Game Pass Quests etc. Do the daily things, just keep an eye on it. I've never paid for GPU because of this service.

Malcy

Do the rewards disappear at the end of each month if you don't use them?

BeardFaceMan

Once the points are claimed, they're yours to keep for as long as you please. But the bonuses and offers do reset every month, so if you don't claim that months points that you've earned, you lose them.

Malcy

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on July 27, 2021, 07:59:11 PM
Once the points are claimed, they're yours to keep for as long as you please. But the bonuses and offers do reset every month, so if you don't claim that months points that you've earned, you lose them.

Ah ok cheers. Just had a notification from the app saying something about claim before they're gone and mistook it for redeem.

BeardFaceMan

I say every month, it's every 4 weeks, it resets on a Tuesday at 6pm (along with weekly challenges). The last week of the month started today so a new month starts next Tuesday.

Timothy

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on July 24, 2021, 12:14:10 PM
You can get 150 points a day just from using Bing for searches, that's around 4,500 points a month. You also get daily sets for your browser and you get bonuses for doing it every day. Use the rewards app on the xbox and you can get even more points, they have monthly and weekly tasks which usually just involves going to a game's store page. Same with the Gamepass app, log into that every day and that's more points, install a game from it, more points, play a game, more points, get an achievement, more points. You only need around 7,500 points a month to get a month free of gamepass, it's very doable. The only thing I would say is that you need to do it every day to keep your bonuses active, if you miss a day, your bonus goes back to zero.

Thanks so much for this! Fiddled around in the menu yesterday and managed to get a lot of points. Gonna do this every day and this way I can indeed get free months when my Gamepass expires!

madhair60

Don't skip the Rewards app on the console itself, ditto the Game pass app which will give you more points for playing the games