Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,491
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 05:05:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Spitting Image trending on Twitter due to racial controversy

Started by Retinend, July 24, 2021, 05:38:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kankurette

Ahhh but Rashford isn't a good person, you thought he was but he also does bad things, ahhhhh

idunnosomename

Fish finger sandwiches are one of the greatest things, and not unhealthy

Cold Meat Platter

MoreauVasz

Quote from: privatefriend on July 25, 2021, 01:40:39 PM
Hopefully there is a sketch about how Rashford is a multi-property landlord, tongue deep in the arse of big corporations, telling poor kids to eat fish fingers, designer clothes on the cover of vogue whilst 'promoting activism' ghoul.

He's no angel...

Though in fairness, the fact that he hasn't been involved in a gang rape or bullied a closeted gay player to the point if suicide makes him morally superior to about 45% of premiership players.

Kankurette

Yep, and he hasn't blackmailed a team mate with a sex tape[nb]Karim Benzema, although he's not PL[/nb], abused his girlfriend[nb]George Best, Ryan Giggs, Gazza, Diego Maradona, Peter Shilton, Franny Jeffers, and I'm sure there are others[/nb], been imprisoned for beating people up[nb]Troy Deeney, Joey Barton, Duncan Ferguson[/nb], murdered anyone[nb]Bruno, that evil Brazilian goalie[/nb], come out as a proud fascist[nb]Paolo di Canio[/nb] or had relations with a teenage girl[nb]Gylfi Sigurdsson, Adam Johnson[/nb].

Some of the players of my childhood were absolute scumbags and the '00s ones weren't much better. Who bullied the closeted gay player?

idunnosomename

how there's like no players in the premiership out as gay just blows my nut out to this day. i suspect most of the lads are supportive but the sponsors know that its toxic if someone came out as a "shirtlifter" (or whatever bigots say these days). yes Rashford is held over a barrel by massive corporate institutions like his sponsors and the league. but he was born in 1997. and he's pissing off the government. big props to the lad

chveik

Quote from: idunnosomename on July 25, 2021, 10:58:34 PM
how there's like no players in the premiership out as gay just blows my nut out to this day. i suspect most of the lads are supportive but the sponsors know that its toxic if someone came out as a "shirtlifter" (or whatever bigots say these days). yes Rashford is held over a barrel by massive corporate institutions like his sponsors and the league. but he was born in 1997. and he's pissing off the government. big props to the lad

i wouldn't be too sure of that

monkfromhavana

Quote from: chveik on July 26, 2021, 04:01:10 AM
i wouldn't be too sure of that

From what I've seen, I think it's more about the fans having a problem with it than the players.

madhair60

Hopefully there is a sketch about how Rashford is a multi-property landlord, tongue deep in the arse of big corporations, telling poor kids to eat fish fingers, designer clothes on the cover of vogue whilst 'promoting activism' ghoul.

I hope there's a sketch about how much you stink of farts. There probably won't be - why would there - but I'm pushing for it

Kankurette

Quote from: monkfromhavana on July 26, 2021, 07:55:27 AM
From what I've seen, I think it's more about the fans having a problem with it than the players.
The logic of homophobic chants, according to some fans, is purely to put players off their game. Surely there's ways to do that other than calling someone a queer or whatever.

This might sound a bit racist but I sometimes wonder if one reason why players won't come out as gay is because of the amount of players from countries where homosexuality is illegal or taboo. I'm not sure how true this is but I read somewhere that at one club, two players were mistaken for gay and some of the African players (didn't say what country) were awful about it, plus you've got a lot of religious footballers. A couple of the lads in the Liverpool team are hardcore Christians, they belong to an Evangelical church and their Instagrams are full of posts about G-d and Jesus. And a lot of horrific homophobic comments on Pride posts for Everton or England or whoever are from fans in the Middle East or Latin America or Eastern Europe. Not that Brits aren't bad for it as well. They are. Groups like the Rainbow Toffees exist for a reason. And the stigma around homosexuality in football was far worse when I was growing up, look at Justin Fashanu.

Tbf I'm sure that regardless of where they come from, if players get on well enough, sexuality won't be an issue. And we have moved on a bit from the 90s when other players thought Graeme Le Saux was gay because he read the Guardian. What even is the logic?

Cloud

Initial thought before clicking: "Meh it's Twitter, they're probably just race baiting for likes and back-pats"

Immediate thought after clicking: "Fucking hell those giant racist lips on someone who does not have that feature at all"

Yeah they're right to call this one out I reckon.
Load of shite anyway that belongs in the 80s/90s

lipsink

So what about Rashford and Southgate will they be satirising? Having principles and believing in something? Just like they did with Greta Thunberg? Matt Forde must really hate people like that.

Kankurette

Southgate's boringness, like David Squires does? Although Squires at least is funny and doesn't draw black people as racist caricatures.

Autopsy Turvey

Quote from: lipsink on July 26, 2021, 09:29:50 AM
So what about Rashford and Southgate will they be satirising? Having principles and believing in something? Just like they did with Greta Thunberg? Matt Forde must really hate people like that.

Many of the worst cunts in the history of the world were people with 'principles' who 'believed in something'. Greta Thucking Funberg certainly isn't above a bit of lampooning, and neither are these goody-goody football millionaires. However, they have made Rashford look blacker than he is, which is odd. Perhaps they were worried about a backlash if he didn't look black enough?

SpiderChrist

Goodness me, this ignore list of mine needs supplementing.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: Autopsy Turvey on July 26, 2021, 12:15:57 PM
Many of the worst cunts in the history of the world were people with 'principles' who 'believed in something'. Greta Thucking Funberg certainly isn't above a bit of lampooning, and neither are these goody-goody football millionaires. However, they have made Rashford look blacker than he is, which is odd. Perhaps they were worried about a backlash if he didn't look black enough?

Fucking hell.

Kankurette

Some of you are really showing your arses on this thread. Footballers can't win, I swear. They act like Gazza, they get slated. They go to parties, they get slated. They try to use their privilege for good, they get slated. Richarlison supports Black Lives Matter because he comes from a neighbourhood where black men and boys are routinely murdered by police but I guess that makes him a cunt. Same with Sadio Mané donating money to build a hospital in his home village. The prick. Or Humza Chaudhury and that other lad with their Palestine flag. Bastards. Bring back the lad culture of the '90s.

Yes, they get paid a shit ton of money to do a sport but it's odd how no other sport ever gets called out, is it? Just those nasty footballers.

Thomas

Many of the worst cunts in the history of the world were people with 'principles' who 'believed in something'.

Especially the evil principle of wanting people on Universal Credit and kids in poverty to avoid starvation. Brr!

monkfromhavana

Quote from: Kankurette on July 26, 2021, 01:22:55 PM

Yes, they get paid a shit ton of money to do a sport but it's odd how no other sport ever gets called out, is it? Just those nasty footballers.

This.

madhair60

Log out

Autopsy Turvey

Some of you are really showing your arses on this thread. Footballers can't win, I swear.

By being professional footballers, footballers have won. They are widely praised, admired and lavishly rewarded, which must be at least some consolation when they have to cope with the odd critical comment.

QuoteThey act like Gazza, they get slated.

For assaulting their wives?

QuoteThey try to use their privilege for good, they get slated.

By a handful of internet malcontents. The vast majority of the people and media swoon at their magnanimity and ramp up the praise and admiration to messianic levels.

QuoteYes, they get paid a shit ton of money to do a sport but it's odd how no other sport ever gets called out, is it? Just those nasty footballers.

Spitting Image was happy to 'call out' Lewis Hamilton. Maybe people are more comfortable with mockery of the most famous, highest paid sportspeople, and most of those are in football.

Quote from: Thomas on July 26, 2021, 02:00:35 PM
Especially the evil principle of wanting people on Universal Credit and kids in poverty to avoid starvation. Brr!

The nature of the principle didn't appear to be the issue, the issue was daring to mock anyone with principles and beliefs.

Quote from: madhair60 on July 26, 2021, 02:47:09 PM
Log out

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on July 26, 2021, 12:28:55 PM
Fucking hell.

If you could try to explain your objections to my comment I might learn something.

Had to come back to this, as it's fucked me off so much. You're such a nasty, stupid, bigoted cunt. Constantly arguing in bad faith and - when you can be bothered - hiding behind a disingenous veil of "Who, me? Why, I think you'll find..." innocence.

So much for the tolerant left! Yeah, right. Fuck off.

Does that suffice as an objection, cunt?

Bernice

Quote from: Autopsy Turvey on July 26, 2021, 02:54:37 PM
If you could try to explain your objections to my comment I might learn something.

I doubt it.

Flouncer

AT's back on his quest for knowledge! Here's a man who has devoted his life to the pursuit of enlightenment - hopefully the posters in this thread will engage with him and provide him with the insight he so craves.

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: Kankurette on July 25, 2021, 10:16:54 PM
Yep, and he hasn't blackmailed a team mate with a sex tape[nb]Karim Benzema, although he's not PL[/nb], abused his girlfriend[nb]George Best, Ryan Giggs, Gazza, Diego Maradona, Peter Shilton, Franny Jeffers, and I'm sure there are others[/nb], been imprisoned for beating people up[nb]Troy Deeney, Joey Barton, Duncan Ferguson[/nb], murdered anyone[nb]Bruno, that evil Brazilian goalie[/nb], come out as a proud fascist[nb]Paolo di Canio[/nb] or had relations with a teenage girl[nb]Gylfi Sigurdsson, Adam Johnson[/nb].

Some of the players of my childhood were absolute scumbags and the '00s ones weren't much better. Who bullied the closeted gay player?

Think you need to be careful with the Sigurdsson stuff. I know you feel strongly about it but he's not actually been found guilty of anything (yet).

robotam

Quote from: Autopsy Turvey on July 26, 2021, 02:54:37 PM
The nature of the principle didn't appear to be the issue, the issue was daring to mock anyone with principles and beliefs.
No, lipsink said
Quote from: lipsink on July 26, 2021, 09:29:50 AM

which seems to suggest that what a persons principles are should be taken into account. That someone believing in something isn't necessarily a reason to mock them. It depends what the something is.

Kankurette

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on July 26, 2021, 03:20:27 PM
Think you need to be careful with the Sigurdsson stuff. I know you feel strongly about it but he's not actually been found guilty of anything (yet).
Not yet, but he has been confirmed as THAT Everton player in the Icelandic press.

Glyn

Or any other industry for that matter. The interesting thing about footballers is that on a weekly basis,in public and being jeered by thousands,  they have to perform to the highest level and if they can't they will quickly find themselves in a lower paid position. Wonder how many people would sink or swim if the same applied to their jobs. A lot of the barriers into other industries (who your dad was, which school you went to etc,) don't mean a huge amount in football ,they can help you get started but if you just can't play then you won't get very far. This is why black kids from council estates can play for England but would never get to be bankers/judges/politicians . It's also why a lot of people who believe that 'money should stay with money' absolutely hate it with a passion.

I have had this argument with many friends and family who say that footballers are overpaid and have never had a sensible answer to the question 'and who else should get the money that fans pay to watch football?'. You can argue that more should go into tax or charity but let's discuss what agents, Sky, club owners etc get paid first and then we can talk about what the actual players get paid in their short careers.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on July 26, 2021, 03:00:17 PM
Had to come back to this, as it's fucked me off so much. You're such a nasty, stupid, bigoted cunt. Constantly arguing in bad faith and - when you can be bothered - hiding behind a disingenous veil of "Who, me? Why, I think you'll find..." innocence.

So much for the tolerant left! Yeah, right. Fuck off.

Does that suffice as an objection, cunt?
You, and everyone else, should take advantage of:

Well, don't click "unignore", that would be a waste. But it makes things slightly nicer!

Ta. I was unware of that option. I'm all for a slightly nicer life.