Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:07:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

What you having for your dinner?

Started by Chedney Honks, July 25, 2021, 09:14:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrenterPercenter

Also something everyone should be doing whether they have an Ooni or not - bacon in a naan

You can make the naan in the Ooni same as you do with a pizza just be quick don't let it get crispy; I find they can actually work really well first in a pan then under the grill.  Key is to not over cook.

So then you need streaky bacon (or veggies can do fried strips of aubergine with some paprika on them - make sure you salt the aubergines first), then spread cream cheese on the naan, chill jam with a bit of tomato sauce and finish off with some fresh coriander.

You won't look back.

mothman

Oh for a moment there I thought you meant bacon cooked into a naan! But will def try your method nonetheless.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: mothman on July 26, 2021, 09:39:01 PM
Oh for a moment there I thought you meant bacon cooked into a naan! But will def try your method nonetheless.

Needs all the elements I must stress - you can't cut out the cream cheese etc..otherwise it doesn't work I'm afraid.

You can do veggie bacon or veggie sausage if your meat-free though.

mothman

Perish the thought. I got the results of my blood tests today and my cholesterol was, to quote the doctor[nb]No not THE Doctor.[/nb], "brilliant." However blood sugar was slightly elevated making me pre-diabetic. Here endeth the Nutella calzones...

TrenterPercenter

For Mothman (I made the butter chicken thing last night) regarde the burnty bits from oonifying the chicken.

Btw absolutely not my kind of curry; I've never ordered a butter chicken or tikka masala in my life but this recipe is great.