Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:11:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Admirable 11 year old to walk 200 miles to raise awareness of climate change

Started by Fambo Number Mive, July 25, 2021, 01:48:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

It's good to see there are still people prepared to stand up and raise awareness of issues. Hope the right-wing media don't start having a pop at him like they do to anyone who wants to change the world for the better.

QuoteAn 11-year-old boy has begun a 200 mile (321km) walk from his home in Yorkshire to Westminster to raise awareness of climate change.

Jude, from Hebden Bridge, said he wanted to lobby ministers about the need for a carbon tax when he arrives in London.

A petition, urging a parliamentary debate on a carbon tax, was launched in February by the Zero Carbon Campaign.

The government said it was committed to cutting emissions by 78% by 2035.

Jude was inspired after reading the book Dire Predictions, which he said offered solutions to climate change including a carbon tax.

He then read about the Zero Carbon Campaign's petition.

"I am hoping to get this petition to 100,000 signatures so it can get debated in parliament," he said...

You can sign the petition here - it needs another 60,000 or so signatures to get debated: https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/574678

Good on Jude and his family for doing something positive and raising awareness of climate change and the urgent need to do more to fight it right now.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-57961176

JamesTC

Cloud

I bet he doesn't get quite as much bullying in the press as a "bossy" girl does.

Dex Sawash

It's what Captain Tom would have wanted
Spoiler alert
the boy, not the walking
[close]

Quote from: Dex Sawash on July 25, 2021, 01:55:36 PM
It's what Captain Tom would have wanted
Spoiler alert
the boy, not the walking
[close]

I was just wondering if he was going to supplant that gentleman in the nation's hearts.

katzenjammer

Quote from: Cloud on July 25, 2021, 01:54:23 PM
I bet he doesn't get quite as much bullying in the press as a "bossy" girl does.
A bossy forrin girl

Butchers Blind

Does he not know there's a Dogtanian film out he should be watching.

bgmnts

It will be interesting how this kid is portrayed by the media.

People don't really like climate change do they?

Jasha

Tom's daughter furiously digging holes full of TNT and tieing nooses to bent over trees like Wile E. Coyote on the route

KennyMonster

I bet his mum is the singer from Katrina And The Waves or something.

mothman

Yeah, he'll turn out to be a right proper little Tory Boy whose dad is a major shareholder in some carbon-offset scam start-up[nb]Having failed to get in in the ground floor of the PPE-contracts-for-mates gig.[/nb] and they really want the Govt to invest and adopt it.

Quote from: KennyMonster on July 25, 2021, 02:36:00 PM

I bet his mum is the singer from Katrina And The Waves or something.

Only he'll be walking in rain as well.

imitationleather

Which conflict did he commit his war crimes in, then?

Probably an 11 year old drone pilot prodigy or something.

steve98

He could be the new Frosties Kid ("There gonna taste gre-eat :) :) :) "), and be bullied relentlessly for the rest of his loathsome life.

Chedney Honks

Good on the young lad. I'll give you 3-1 that he gets skin cancer before he reach his destination.

Lemming

Used to walk 200 miles to school there and back every day when I were a lad

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Chedney Honks

Heard he wished Brois well when he was 'on a vent'. Kid's parents must be pushy cunts trying to get rich and fat off the little prick.

Butchers Blind

Waiting for the headline, "Boy, 11, walking to London, missing for third day".

steve98

"It's too early to speculate what might have happened to young Jude 11 (hopefully nothing too horrible,) and what the subsequent effect on the UK's climate-awareness level might be."

- Sth Yorkshire Police.

"All we can really do is pray."

Dex Sawash

BlodwynPig

JamesTC

BlodwynPig

First Major Tom
Now Admiral 11 Year Old.

We fail to shrug off our imperialist tendencies even in charity

jamiefairlie

Quote from: JamesTC on July 25, 2021, 07:51:57 PM
Doesn't sound like he will be walking back.

That's why his parents encouraged his plan The Golgafrincham strategy.

holyzombiejesus