Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,582,209
  • Total Topics: 106,728
  • Online Today: 897
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 05:22:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Baptiste on the BBC ones

Started by Jasha, July 25, 2021, 09:26:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jasha

Enjoyed the first stand alone series and trying to get into this one but all this time shift back and forth isn't helping

Mobius

Yeah I was really looking forward to this, but the timejumping in episode 1 has put me right off. I've really lost any urge to continue.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

The Baptiste saga has always dealt in dual timelines, that's been a core aspect of the whole thing since episode one of The Missing.

studpuppet

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on July 25, 2021, 10:50:10 PM
The Baptiste saga has always dealt in dual timelines, that's been a core aspect of the whole thing since episode one of The Missing.

What BoBB said - you really haven't caught hold of the fundamental premise of the entire Missing/Baptiste saga if you haven't grasped that the gradual unfolding of each disappearance comes from piecing the threads of both timelines together. They even film past and present in different hues to give an extra visual hint (from memory the past has a yellow cast and the present has a colder bluer look).

Jasha

But previously it was a lot more layered and feathered in so you had to piece it together yourself, with this one there's no need for blue or yellow hues as it's either the ambassador in a wheelchair or not or Baptiste with stubble or a tramps beard, it's just too harsh for parallel threads to come together

Mobius

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on July 25, 2021, 10:50:10 PM

Yeah fair enough, I can't really remember the original series.

I did find mad tramp Baptiste a little silly in the flashforward, but I am sure I'll push on with this.

bgmnts

Dual timelines are generally shit but I enjoyed most of what I watched. Really kicked up a gear with the
Spoiler alert
terrorist shooting
[close]
. Wasn't expecting that level of carnage for the show.

Bently Sheds

Weird how
Spoiler alert
the Ambassador's daughter gets shanked once and dies
[close]
, but
Spoiler alert
Baptiste gets well stabbed up and takes a cookery course
[close]

Custard

Mrs Custard wanted to watch this, despite us both pretty much being bored to death during the last series.

But I gotta say, this was much better. It's a decent twisty turny storyline, and seems to finish Baptiste's own arc. It's decent and satisfying