Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 03:23:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

More bigotry in sport

Started by Fambo Number Mive, July 26, 2021, 12:16:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

We've had a ban on swimcaps designed for natural Black hair, and now women handballers are fined for wearing shorts rather than bikini bottoms, even though the male handballers can wear shorts.

Why should women handballers have to wear bikini bottoms? It makes no difference to the game of handball whether handballers wear shorts or bikini bottoms, surely. And if shorts would slow down the handballers, which I think is unlikely, well, that's up to the handballers wearing shorts. It's just sexism.

Pink has offered to pay their fines, but this rule really needs to be changed. I am a plonker who did not notice that this was at the European Beach Handball Championships.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-57967486

Mardukas

I don't think sports is really your thing.

sevendaughters

can still see most of their mons pubis in the shorts they wore

steve98

If they loved their country they'd just get on with it, without whinin'... I'd wear a thong, even a posing-pouch, for England, if need be.

Pinball

I think many of the outfits worn by men and women in athletics, olympics etc are obscene and exhibitionistic. I don't want to see cocks and balls waving around. Obviously I like female arses and cameltoes better, but it is still obscene. The Norwegian women's 'shorts' are still skin tight as if they are nude, hardly an improvement except that less flesh is exhibited. But I can see mons pubis, cameltoe etc. Yeah, really dignified.

What's wrong with the old-style loose shorts for everyone? Obviously if women want to continue to exhibit their fannies, go for it.

And it's not really bigotry, as men's cocks are displayed too. A sexist woman at work said how she liked the nearly nude male divers. I narrowly resisted the temptation to call her a sexist cunt.

More broadly, wouldn't it be nice if the media just covered the sports instead of trying to weaponise the olympics into clickbait warring tribes, which is all the media is now anyway? Most tiresome. Not that I'm bothering to watch the sports, but someone might want to, I guess :-)

gilbertharding

Beach Handball isn't at the Olympics mate.

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: gilbertharding on July 26, 2021, 12:48:57 PM

That's a very good point - I saw the story and my brain went "Olympics". Will edit the OP.

Mardukas

Quote from: gilbertharding on July 26, 2021, 12:48:57 PM

I think it was never going to be a facts-heavy rant.

Blumf

G-strings for everybody! Male or female, every sport.

Weight lifting -> G-string
Cycling -> G-string
Judo -> G-string

Nothing but G-strings!!!

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: Mardukas on July 26, 2021, 12:51:23 PM
I think it's not intended to be a facts-heavy rant.

What do you disagree with in the rest of the post? Do you think that women playing beach handball shouldn't be allowed to wear shorts at the European Beach Handball Championships?

Mardukas

That's about the only bit I do agree with.
The rest is just a bit dim.
(which I'm guessing is why you're deleting it piece by piece)

gilbertharding

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on July 26, 2021, 12:49:48 PM
That's a very good point - I saw the story and my brain went "Olympics". Will edit the OP.

Agree with the rest of the post - just to be clear.

People are conflating this storm with Beach Volleyball, which seemingly has a range of more or less dignified uniform choices for female participants. Dunno if that extends to women who might want to wear hijab.

Sebastian Cobb

Don't fix it, bin it.

The Olympics is shit for cunts. A circus for idiots to wave flags at and Coke and Pepsi to sell drinks to. Bin it the fuck off.

Mardukas

Quote from: gilbertharding on July 26, 2021, 12:56:24 PM

People are conflating this storm with Beach Volleyball, which seemingly has a range of more or less dignified uniform choices for female participants. Dunno if that extends to women who might want to wear hijab.

A woman wearing a hijab competed in the 2016 Beach Volleyball Olympics.

chveik

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 26, 2021, 01:08:58 PM
Don't fix it, bin it.

The Olympics is shit for cunts. A circus for idiots to wave flags at and Coke and Pepsi to sell drinks to. Bin it the fuck off.

bin yourself pal

Pinball

The Nude Olympics would have much better viewing figures.

Blumf

Quote from: Pinball on July 26, 2021, 01:23:46 PM
The Nude Olympics would have much better viewing figures.

Didn't the original ancient Greek Olympics have them all running about with their meat and two veg out? Getting a good thigh slapping going on the 100m sprint, a sure fire winner.

Pijlstaart

The woman cultivates her buttocks as a crass gambit to diminuate her shits, but in doing so she creates a plucky underdog, we were all raised on 80s sports movies and I know who I'm rooting for. That aside, I get the gripe, I too have had to live under the yoke of the wrong clothes. Glasses-makers are a faddish cult, 5 years of wire-framed only, 5 years thick plastic rectangles only, now they're round, we're only allowed round glasses, monocultures, when tiktok disease fetishists make bosseyedness "on fleek" they'll only sell glasses with the frames off-center to fuck you up, as the focus groups demand boaty mcboatface and the munchkin cat, so too will they want the droopy-boi deliveroo driver, head office'll fill you with clotting agents so you get a stroke and become "ugly-cute". Moderation in all things.

Cuellar

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Pinball there with some spicy hot takes

hOw CoMe TeEnAgE gIrLs StOp PlAyInG sPoRtS

Sebastian Cobb

Mardukas

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 26, 2021, 01:56:13 PM
Enjoy your problematic sports day mate!
I am!
Three golds medals today and the Irish are just kicking off their seven's pool game.
Lovely stuff.

bgmnts

Quote from: Mardukas on July 26, 2021, 04:03:51 PM
I am!
Three golds medals today and the Irish are just kicking off their seven's pool game.
Lovely stuff.

You won three gold medals????

El Unicornio, mang

Mardukas

Quote from: bgmnts on July 26, 2021, 04:11:01 PM
You won three gold medals????
Technically I'm not sure that's how it works, but if you want to give me the credit - sound mate!

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Mardukas on July 26, 2021, 04:03:51 PM
I am!
Lovely stuff.

do not contact me again

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

gilbertharding