Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,343
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 1,060
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 10:19:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

More bigotry in sport

Started by Fambo Number Mive, July 26, 2021, 12:16:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mardukas

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 26, 2021, 04:37:49 PM
do not contact me again
Just to clarify, do you mean just on this topic or on the forum generally?

Buelligan

Quote from: Mardukas on July 26, 2021, 12:54:07 PM
That's about the only bit I do agree with.
The rest is just a bit dim.
(which I'm guessing is why you're deleting it piece by piece)

Don't try to bully Fambo, you fucking cunt.

Mardukas

Quote from: Buelligan on July 26, 2021, 05:20:38 PM
Don't try to bully Fambo, you fucking cunt.
They deleted most of the original post after asking me that and before I replied.
It was factually inaccurate and hyperbolic based on an entirely false premise.

And do you seriously think that counts as bullying?

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Don't try to bully Markudas, you fucking cunt.

Buelligan

Quote from: Mardukas on July 26, 2021, 05:27:31 PM
They deleted most of the original post after asking me that and before I replied.
It was factually inaccurate and hyperbolic based on an entirely false premise.

And do you seriously think that counts as bullying?

If you actually are a new poster just arrived on the scene, welcome.  I advise you to treat posters like Fambo, who contributes with good manners, gentle humour and intelligence to this precious board and has done so for fucking years, with consideration and respect.  Many people here like Fambo, we don't know if we like you yet.

Barry Admin

Got rid; it's been increasingly clear since the altercation with Cloud that he's just here to generate negative attention and annoy people.

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: Buelligan on July 26, 2021, 05:42:35 PM
If you actually are a new poster just arrived on the scene, welcome.  I advise you to treat posters like Fambo, who contributes with good manners, gentle humour and intelligence to this precious board and has done so for fucking years, with consideration and respect.  Many people here like Fambo, we don't know if we like you yet.

A belated thank you for these lovely comments.

Sebastian Cobb

German cycling director sent home after caught on mic doing a racedozy (or should that be a 'Big Ron'dozy?)

QuoteThe German Cycling Federation's sporting director has been sent home from the Tokyo Olympics after a microphone caught him shouting a racial slur during Wednesday's men's time trial.

Patrick Moster was heard telling his rider Nikias Arndt: "Get the camel drivers! Get the camel drivers! Come on!" as he tried to catch rivals from Algeria and Eritrea.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/jul/29/german-cycling-director-sent-home-over-racial-slur-during-tokyo-time-trial

Sebastian Cobb

Also if you want to talk about sexually forward comments in sport it looks like Claire Balding's the most recent offender
https://twitter.com/frattyhercules/status/1420840249807228929

Sebastian Cobb

Didn't realise this - the BMX Gold/Silver winners had to self-fund some of the money to go to the Olympics

Particularly proud of Bethany Shriever & Kye Whyte winning Gold & Silver in BMX at #Olympics having raised 5Ok to self fund their trip to Tokyo

Contrast with less diverse sports such as Rowing which got £25m to produce a silver & a bronze
https://twitter.com/nazirafzal/status/1421082783032782848