Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 05:10:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Devastating one-liners

Started by Bigfella, July 27, 2021, 11:21:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jockice

Quote from: purlieu on July 29, 2021, 11:51:15 AM
Oh, me too. I keep thinking about starting a Twitter account as someone who doesn't get jokes and then just spend the rest of my days trolling people by intentionally missing the point.

Luckily for me I'm one of those people who can keep a totally straight face. It's just the rest of my body that I have difficulty with.

New page. People laughed when I said I wanted to be a comedian. Well they're not laughing now. Because I'm not a comedian. Or funny. Still, I'm sure my dad will be looking down on me now. Because he's dead, not condescending. I'm not saying my wife's fat. Because I'm not married.

And so on.

zomgmouse

Quote from: Jockice on July 29, 2021, 11:33:24 AM
There are quite a few Emo Philips ones too. I particularly like: "I got some new underwear today. Well new to me,'' and "My brother says hello. So hurray for speech therapy.'' Both of which I've used in conversations before, with varying results.

I don't even have a brother.

"People come up to me and say, 'Emo, do people really come up to you?'"

Jockice

Quote from: zomgmouse on July 29, 2021, 12:09:09 PM

Didn't I see you on television?
I don't know. You can't see out of the screen that way.

Or something like that.

madhair60

Yeah, well we all get tired.

kngen

Quote from: Bigfella on July 27, 2021, 11:21:16 AM
Chic Murray

With bemusement to a B&B landlady, on being presented with one of those tiny individual pots of honey favoured in such establishments.

'I see that you keep a bee.'[nb]Often attributed to Andy Stewart, of the swinging kilt and highland kitsch, but I know who my money's on.[/nb]

MoreauVasz

Quote from: zomgmouse on July 29, 2021, 12:09:09 PM

People often say to me... What are you doing in my garden?

Dusty Substance

Quote from: Echo Valley 2-6809 on July 28, 2021, 03:33:29 PM
She still hasn't forgiven you for asking if one of her legs was shorter than the other.

I don't think she'd even get that one! She's a weird one, my friend Eileen (obvs, she's a friend of mine) - She's actually naturally very funny, a gifted story-teller and I've seen her do stand up at a local open mic night where she tore the house down. But I later found out when talking with her about comedy that she just stole all her material from routines I wasn't familiar with. She maintains that it's perfectly fine for her to do someone's comedy routine as it's exactly the same as when a band covers a famous song.

mr. logic

Once again, words fail Norman Mailer.

Sebastian Cobb

Gavin Boyes? - Yeah.

I'm Glenn Cullen. No need for me to get up.

Ornlu

Tim Dillon guesting on one of Whitney Cummings' podcasts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrsPITgiwtw&t=60s&ab_channel=ThePodfather

"Tim has decided that I am profoundly, eternally wrong, on pretty much everything... "
"Not... profoundly."