Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:56:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Lamest t-shirts you've purchased

Started by peanutbutter, July 27, 2021, 01:24:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peanutbutter

Not exactly the craziest but I bought a Parks & Recreation shirt right before I went off the show  that was literally just a colour that went exactly with my skin tone and the logo of the show. Not totally sure why but I just found it far too lame to ever wear and once I started getting sick of the show it was bin time.
I'll need to check if this was the case or if I was just being mad but I'm pretty sure I got a Stooges shirt in 2007 that was very obviously for their shit new album and I didn't notice until afterwards but wouldn't wear it once I did.
Got a whole bunch of gaming ones that are a bit lame but are usually just collage type things so I find them a bit novel still tbh.

My brother had a terrible habit of buying and wearing joke shirts, must've bought hundreds of them, haven't a clue where they all went...

imitationleather

I don't even want to think about it.

Buelligan

All my tshirts are beyond reproach.  However, yesterday, I was sat waiting for my lift-person at the local supermarche and I saw a little old man creeping timorously towards me on his skimpy little old grey legs and he was wearing a Cannibal Corpse shirt.  It wasn't exactly lame but it was definitely odd.

Dex Sawash

Got two different FOUR SEASONS TOTAL LANDSCAPING shirts for Christmas, an official one and a bootleg even shitter one.

buttgammon

I have a Globochem t-shirt and a 2017 election one that shows Corbyn and May as they looked back in the 80s.

Egyptian Feast

I have a t-shirt with a download bar nearing completion and the words 'Fart Pending' below that my partner gave me as a stocking filler one Xmas. Fine for slouching around the house, but I made the mistake of wearing it for work in early lockdown and a South African colleague loudly pointed it out in a Teams meeting - "He's got 'Fart' on his shirt!" - which led to many fart-based callbacks in later meetings.

I was given lots of Adventure Time t-shirts a few years back, some of which are so colourful and busy they look vile. My mum even had a go at me for my terrible dress sense when I wore one garish long-sleeve (which was much too small for my middle-aged spread), forgetting she was the one who'd given it to me and I was only wearing it to show my 'appreciation'.

turnstyle

Around the turn of the century I had these three t-shirts in regular rotation:

- Debbie Does Dallas shirt sporting the VHS cover art. Would always get a comment in the pub from LEGEND GARY types.

- One that had a map of Vietnam and the legend 'VIETNAM - WE WERE WINNING WHEN I LEFT'

- a FREEDOM FOR TOOTING shirt, a respectable copy of Wolfie Smith's shirt.

Lame x 3, although I can almost forgive myself for the Tooting shirt.

idunnosomename

I have a Cannibal Corpse shirt but it's pretty tame by their standards (Red Before Black tour). I mean there is a point with death metal shirts where you're like hmm how much wear am I really going to get out of a "NAILED THROUGH HER CUNT" shirt.

I bought a Something Awful shirt in like 2002 or something. Had "The Internet makes you stupid" on the back and the grenade on the pocket. Within a year it was embarrassing and I got rid of it in a charity bin. Dont know what I was thinking.

PlanktonSideburns

Got a knee-length purple tie dye t with kissing wolves on it. Simultaneously brilliant and awful. Wife looks at it and despairs, but it's total aces

Sherman Krank

Many many years ago I had a white t-shirt with a load of fake blood stains down the front and a big rubber alien head sewn into the chest.

Buelligan

Quote from: turnstyle on July 27, 2021, 02:30:05 PM
- a FREEDOM FOR TOOTING shirt, a respectable copy of Wolfie Smith's shirt.

Lame x 3, although I can almost forgive myself for the Tooting shirt.

Heh.  Reminds me, still have a very good copy of this shirt which I made for my own sweet self some many, terribly many, moons ago.

gilbertharding

I recently got myself a Stuyvesant Leader Physical Ed t shirt, so a couple of people might work out I quite like the Beastie Boys.

I've seriously considered getting a Freedom for Tooting t shirt (Arthur Lee wore one once, but I can't find any evidence...) and also the 'Hello My Name is Twilight and I am a Dracula' one that you used to see.

Also this: https://twitter.com/LEGRO/status/751048990976868352/photo/1 (click carefully)

Jasha

When you have to explain the Mike Patton connection

canadagoose

I once had a Pixies T-shirt that wasn't official or anything, not in any official font, but just said "PIXIES" in red in some Impact-like typeface. I used to wear it an embarrassing amount until about 2009 when it went in the bin.

flotemysost

Unintentional Legend Gary chic with that Peeping Tom one.

My brother went through a phase of getting band logos transferred onto plain T-shirts at a local printers - as he could never find official band merch that wouldn't swamp his skinny frame - but the quality was awful and they were soon consigned to my mum's roster of "old T-shirts I can wear to my exercise class" and she'd regularly rock up in a Mastodon or Dillinger Escape Plan T-shirt, which was quite funny.

It boggles my mind that there's still a market for what I call "Camden Market humour" T-shirts - you know, "Normal people scare me", "Nobody knows I'm a lesbian", George Bush's face on a chimpanzee's body, that photo of a topless woman sticking her middle finger up, that kind of thing. You always spot a few at festivals.

studpuppet

I got this as a free gift for my first and only purchase, and thought I'd wear it ironically.
My kids just said, "You just look like you work at Wish, Dad." and I never wore it again

An tSaoi

Papa Lazarou. Can't wear it any more.

PC gone etc

JaDanketies

Didn't particularly appreciate that it's a rape joke at the time

Sebastian Cobb

Jockice

Quote from: flotemysost on July 27, 2021, 06:18:30 PM

It boggles my mind that there's still a market for what I call "Camden Market humour" T-shirts - you know, "Normal people scare me",

A friend's teenage son wears one of them!

I have certain relatives who buy me t-shirts with jokey slogans on them (in fact I'm wearing one at this moment. A 'funcle' one from my niece) but I rarely wear them outdoors unless they're under something or I'm on a rare trip to the gym. Like novelty socks, I don't tend to buy them myself but will put them on if they're clean and lying around. I don't think I've even bought any band t-shirts I regret, Or none I can remember. Sorry

The best/worst one I've seen lately was on a friend's Facebook page recently. He's a massive Gary Numan fan and has been since the beginning. He's a few years younger than me though, so would only have been around ten during the early days. In this photo he's obviously asked his mum and dad to got him a t-shirt for his birthday or something. And they've bought him a plain red one and had the words 'Gary Numan' printed on it in that sort of 70s typeface used for the Goodies logo. It's both absolutely terrible and absolutely brilliant. I wish I had one.

flotemysost

Quote from: JaDanketies on July 27, 2021, 06:32:11 PM
Didn't particularly appreciate that it's a rape joke at the time

Blimey. The "Camden Market canon" also includes these rum sort of ones - I remember someone on here posted an image of that design that's listing the age of consent in lots of different countries, though I've never seen it in real life.

I used to be a sucker for this kind of bollocks when I was 12 or 13:

and obviously I looked like complete shit, though I suspect it would probably sell on Depop now as RARE 2000'S Y2K E-GIRL LOOK

Quote from: Jockice on July 27, 2021, 07:03:16 PM
in fact I'm wearing one at this moment. A 'funcle' one from my niece

Aw, that's quite sweet!

Jockice

Quote from: flotemysost on July 27, 2021, 06:18:30 PM
My brother went through a phase of getting band logos transferred onto plain T-shirts at a local printers - as he could never find official band merch that wouldn't swamp his skinny frame - but the quality was awful and they were soon consigned to my mum's roster of "old T-shirts I can wear to my exercise class" and she'd regularly rock up in a Mastodon or Dillinger Escape Plan T-shirt, which was quite funny.

My mum on her death bed was wearing a 'remember you're a Womble' nightdress. This is totally true. I don't know if she'd saved it for her final visit to the hospice or it was just chance that was what packed for her (she'd buy all sorts of strange things, so it could have been in a drawer for years) but it amused both my sister and I. Thanks mum!

madhair60

i actually bought this actual t-shirt last week, and it rules actually but CaB would never understand vtubers

God all joke T shirts are absolute cringe.

Echo Valley 2-6809

imitationleather

I was in an SU bar once and I saw a guy wearing a t-shirt that said something along the lines of "LADIES! YOUR DINNER IS HERE" with an arrow pointing down to his cock.

Doubt you could get away with wearing something like that these days.

mothman

I got this on a t-shirt from Threadless after someone here raved about it.

Icehaven