Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 08:02:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Lamest t-shirts you've purchased

Started by peanutbutter, July 27, 2021, 01:24:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

willbo

he was with Germaine Greer ..if he wasn't going after kids he's going after crazed rad-fem TERFs! Did his deviant cock know no depths?

Pauline Walnuts

Did he really have a 'School-Girl of the year' competition?

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on July 30, 2021, 09:57:34 AM
His favourite group was The Fall though, so I'll let him off.

On a more serious note, I'd like to see * where* exactly he's written in his autobiography " I didn't half like getting noshed off by all those massively underage groupies", or words to that effect. I've got his autobiography ( mostly completed by his missus, who probably wouldnae have been best chuffed by him writing about such escapades), and I don't remember reading anything like that.

Quote from: OnlyRegisteredSoICanRead on July 30, 2021, 04:32:20 PM
http://andywalmsley.blogspot.com/2014/10/peel-reveals.html

Admitting in print to getting regular blow jobs from a 13 year old. Had to run away from the law because of having sex with underage girls. Is this good enough for you?

gilbertharding

Quote from: OnlyRegisteredSoICanRead on July 30, 2021, 05:14:00 PM
Did he really have a 'School-Girl of the year' competition?

Seemingly, yes. Although the exact nature of the competition can't be judged from the name alone:

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on July 30, 2021, 05:16:03 PM
Admitting in print to getting regular blow jobs from a 13 year old. Had to run away from the law because of having sex with underage girls. Is this good enough for you?

Yeah, it's a fair cop. Bit of a shame, really.

Anyway. T-shirts.

I didn't buy it but would it be lame of me to wear this one?

imitationleather

Damn. If Peel hadn't died the man would be very hashtagcancelled.

Jockice

Quote from: Voltan (Man of Steel) on July 31, 2021, 07:29:47 PM
Anyway. T-shirts.

I didn't buy it but would it be lame of me to wear this one?

I've literally just been looking at that sort of thing for a friend whose 50th birthday is a week today. So it would be 1971 obviously. But I've decided to get her some bath bombs instead.

I quite like it but I'd rather it bore a different year to be honest :(

canadagoose

Well that's John Peel off my list of folk I like. (I know he's dead, but still.) I've still got Janice Long at least.

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: idunnosomename on July 27, 2021, 11:30:38 PM
yes that's a Cradle of Filth shirt, those ragamuffins straight out of Suffolk. they were death metal to start with, then moved into histrionic gothic black stuff. their really notorious shirt is the "Vestal Masturbation" one with a nun masturbating with a crucifix that has "JESUS IS A CUNT" on the back. seen it a few times at shows (once when someone drunkenly bought it from a stall before a Metallica tribute band), but never outside on the street.

(the Nailed... shirt I'm referring to is by Belgian band Aborted, and it's clearly meant as a tribute to the CoF one. though it is an actual song of theirs.)

Played in a band supporting them and Emperor in '93 when they were selling the shirt. CoF had a guy dressed as the grim reaper who stood at the side of the stage with a scythe who gave the impression beforehand that he was a real band member rather than a morbid motionless Bez.

Pauline Walnuts

I had a sudden urge to own a Apu style "Concert Against Bangladesh" T-shirt.

The moment passed.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Voltan ( Man Of Steel) is 60 years old?

Yeah, still struggling to come to terms with that.

Only a year older than Chris Morris though, and two years younger than Vic and Bob. (Still doesn't make me feel any better).

idunnosomename

my comment about Bez seems a bit cruel now

SpiderChrist

Does a long sleeve Flowered Up shirt signed by Barry Mooncult count? Think it probably does.

jenna appleseed

Quote from: imitationleather on July 31, 2021, 07:35:45 PM
Damn. If Peel hadn't died the man would be very hashtagcancelled.

Julie Burchell already did it (probably while he was still alive as well as after). - think she pos got a column in while he was off on holiday in Peru just before his death.

somewhere in the bits of Margrave Of The Marshes he got round to writing himself he apologies for inappropiate behaviour with schoolgirls.  (also a bit re being used as a 'replacement for a girlfriend' sexual partner of one other other boys at boarding school iirc wasn't into it but didn't view it as abuse).
Somewhere either there or a radio times column he mocks himself re the 'school girl' competition iirc listeners/readers din't take it seriously and somebody sent in a photo of a teapot.

Back on topic - this thread has far too much humble bragging about just how cool/trendy posters were in their teens.

Quote from: idunnosomename on August 12, 2021, 02:53:50 PM
my comment about Bez seems a bit cruel now

Sorry if I'm being dense (it's my age) but do you mean because of my advanced years, with me being *checks Wikipedia* three years Bez's senior?

Pancake

Black X-Files tee, X-Files logo on front breast, big green X on the back. I actually loved it and would wear it now if I could find one in XL.

And no I've never been to a wedding wearing a black shirt, purple tie and glasses that automatically dim in sunlight.

phantom_power

This one: https://www.redbubble.com/i/t-shirt/Zippy-Stardust-by-christhebarker/38696976.WFLAH

I don't mind the t-shirt that much but it irks me that I didn't notice it was Alladin Sane make-up he had on, not Ziggy Stardust

phes

bought a hoodie with a class 142 pacer on it, so I will probably be getting publicly merked by commuters and railway engineers, or buzby

djtrees

I bought this but in blue...

in 1995 from outside goodison it made me laugh loads at how shit it was, but I came to love it.

I bought the tshirt that has had the most interaction ever about 3-4 years ago, its a lovely blue with an orange Granada TV logo on it, and above the logo it says Original Gangster. Now I don't really know why it hits the spot so much for me. So many 40 odd year old men have given me the thumbs up and continued a conversation about it that I'm considering retiring it. But I love it loads. But it is pretty lame.

imitationleather

Actually I don't own these and I don't think they're lame at all. Apologies for going off topic.

Dusty Substance

The T-shirt I'm most embarrassed to own is a Notorious B.I.G shirt, bought from River Island and currently about a size too small.

Even though I very rarely wear T-shirts outdoors and only use them for slobbering and pottering around in, as a 40-something white man from Sussex, I feel deeply lame for wearing a Biggie T-shirt even at home where no-one else can see.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Voltan (Man of Steel) on August 12, 2021, 03:34:06 PM
Sorry if I'm being dense (it's my age) but do you mean because of my advanced years, with me being *checks Wikipedia* three years Bez's senior?
yes that is the joke, such as it is. i have now ironically aged 100 years. however i am now cocooned inside a maraca.

Famous Mortimer

People presumably bought this shirt and wore it where other people could see them (sadly, the best I ever managed was a Bad Brains shirt with weed plants on the back):

chveik

i'm presently wearing a moon landing-themed t shirt. its pretty lame

imitationleather

Quote from: chveik on August 13, 2021, 01:38:37 AM
i'm presently wearing a moon landing-themed t shirt. its pretty lame

Quote from: idunnosomename on August 13, 2021, 12:26:13 AM
yes that is the joke, such as it is. i have now ironically aged 100 years. however i am now cocooned inside a maraca.

Ah, gotcha. At fifty-seven, I imagine Bez's maracas are in a sorry state nowadays.

Anyway, is it lame that most of my T-shirts are "outdoor" brands Animal and Fat Face (all received as presents) despite me being the last person you'd want to see on a surfboard and never having been on a ski slope? I've got the body of a retired darts player so I suppose I could say I'm wearing them ironically.