Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 10:26:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

A rash question

Started by Fambo Number Mive, July 27, 2021, 01:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

A couple of days ago I noticed a rash on the elbow fold of the arm I did not have the vaccination in on the 16th July, and a very small rash on the arm I did have the vaccination in. I got Pfizer - is it possible that this could be a mild vaccine side effect or should I be concerned it might be something else? I've read a very few people get rashes a week or so after the vaccine although that is usually in the arm they are vaccinated in.

I don't know if it could be a heat rash given how hot part of last week was. I really hope it isn't scabies, bed bugs or ringworm, anything that could pass to humans and/or animals would be the worst case scenario.

I live alone and haven't had physical contact with anyone for months and don't garden, so I don't know how I could have got it if it is scabies or ringworm. Can't see any blood on my pillowcase or sheets or anything that could be bedbug turds so I don't think it is bedbugs.

The rash doesn't itch or hurt at all.

You can see pictures of the rash here: https://www.reddit.com/r/DermatologyQuestions/comments/oslx1o/very_concerned_over_new_rash_on_arm/ and here https://www.reddit.com/r/scabies/comments/oskjiq/could_this_be_scabies/

Goldentony

been kissing dirty auld blokes arses again is it hey

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: Goldentony on July 27, 2021, 01:43:45 PM
been kissing dirty auld blokes arses again is it hey

Sadly not.

Buelligan

It's deffo not ringworm and scabies or bedbugs itch like utter fuck and scabies mostly appears in places like the bits between your fingers, safer, I imagine, not roaming around on the open plain of a fore arm.  Not at first, anyway.  Likeliest IMO is heat rash or you got something like a slightly aggressive cleaning spray on you or you brushed past a slightly rashy plant or you changed your washing powder to something your skin's not so keen on, something completely unworrying like that, old sport.  Try not to give it another thought, leave it for a week and see how things go.  I'd bet my bats, all will be well. 

Fambo Number Mive

Thanks, that's reassuring.

Buelligan

Do seriously be reassured. 

canadagoose

Could be contact dermatitis? If you don't have a history of atopic dermatitis / eczema (which I'm assuming you don't) you could have touched something that irritated you. Can you see your GP? They could prescribe hydrocortisone or something so you don't have to shell out £7 or so for a tiny tube of it.

Dex Sawash

Just change the N to a B

Fambo Number Mive

My GP is closed for part of this week due to a death at the surgery, but will contact them when they re-open. I don't have a history of eczema so contact with something irritated me (possibly a plant from where I went walking) is possible.

MojoJojo

Pharmacist is probably a better choice for this than GP.

Yeah, pharmacist should be able to give something for that, and possibly prescribe hydrocortisone or something, as CG suggested. I got a prescription for some from a pharmacist the other week after getting multiple insect bites.

Buelligan

Places like waste ground, canals, bridleways, you can get lots of plants that can cause reactions, most people know about nettles but there are many others, the whole euphorbia family, right through to things like Giant Hemlock and its relatives.  Exposure afterward to sunlight can often provoke or increase a reaction.  Nothing to be seriously anxious about though, bit of soothing cream, no scratching, all will be well. 

canadagoose

Quote from: Buelligan on July 27, 2021, 02:06:16 PM
Places like waste ground, canals, bridleways, you can get lots of plants that can cause reactions, most people know about nettles but there are many others, the whole euphorbia family, right through to things like Giant Hemlock and its relatives.  Exposure afterward to sunlight can often provoke or increase a reaction.  Nothing to be seriously anxious about though, bit of soothing cream, no scratching, all will be well. 
Yes, this is also a possibility, especially this time of year. In short: GP mate

Edit: Or pharmacist, as Mojo suggested. Is it free in England? Hopefully doesn't cost much anyway.

pancreas

Thought this would be about Marcus Rashford. RIP Remain Indoors (DEAD SOON). (My bold)