Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:58:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Which is Best Daley?

Started by Blumf, July 27, 2021, 03:37:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

You pays your money, you takes your choices

Tom Daley
4 (13.3%)
Daley Thompson
23 (76.7%)
Roger Daley
0 (0%)
Arthur Daley
3 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Blumf

Tom Daley

Pros:
Slippery when wet
Cons:
Chest-bald

Daley Thompson

Pros:
Moustache
Cons:
Lucozade huffer

Has to be Mr Thompson for me, Clive. A real computer game hero up there with Sonic and Jet Set Willy.

Unless Martin Galway has also written a theme tune for Tom Daley, my vote is for Daley Thompson.

DrGreggles

Daley Thompson, obviously.
Despite him actually being a Frank.

Operty1

Buelligan

Thompson, no doubt whatsoever. 

Sebastian Cobb

I went to school with a Tom Daley but I don't think it was that guy 'cos even at about 15 my one looked about 40.

beanheadmcginty

robhug

If alternative spellings are permissible then Im tossing Tess in the ring 

Jasha

Daley[nb]the younger[/nb] may have won a gold medal but Daley[nb]the elder[/nb] won the big G

boki

Gotta be Mr Thompson for me, Clive.  Not only did he give us the aforementioned UK home version of Konami's Track And Field classic, groundbreaking sports sim, there was also the commercial that banged a million heads.  And he did loads of the sports, like tons.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Being good at 10 events is more impressive.

Daley Thompson probaby could have played lower league football as well given he was playing reserve team footy for professional clubs once he retired.

His Athletics record at Major Championships is incredible. 8 golds, 2 silvers, 1 bronze.

An all round sportbastard, and his computer game was legendary (legendarily not great but still fun in places).

DrGreggles

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on July 27, 2021, 05:00:22 PM
Daley Thompson probaby could have played lower league football as well given he was playing reserve team footy for professional clubs once he retired.

Always performed on the big stage:
https://youtu.be/0_CliVY5ZwI?t=287

jamiefairlie

Quote from: robhug on July 27, 2021, 04:51:01 PM

Matron!

Pinball

Has to be Daley Thompson- an amazing sports polymath.

Kelvin

Tom Daley for reasons I don't feel compelled to divulge.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: robhug on July 27, 2021, 04:51:01 PM

Well if that's allowed I'd go for Tyne, who arrested more murderers than Tess, Thompson and Tom combined.

Gurke and Hare

I once saw Daley Thompson at the cinema in Nottingham. He was really acting up - not in a bad behaviour way, just quite loud and obviously desperate to be noticed.

steve98

People here won't know who Tyne Daly is/was. She wasn't much of an actress, but could do an amazing Forsyth impression ("Ooo Good game good game.")

jamiefairlie

Quote from: steve98 on July 27, 2021, 08:50:06 PM
People here won't know who Tyne Daly is/was. She wasn't much of an actress, but could do an amazing Forsyth impression ("Ooo Good game good game.")

You underestimate us, I think.

kalowski

I'd like to say Thompson, but I'm still smarting over the damage that game did to the rubber keyboard of my ZX Spectrum.

Butchers Blind

The only way to find out, get Thompson in the pool and Tom with javelin.

Catalogue Trousers

Best? That's debatable. But 'e's alright.

studpuppet

Seven England caps and a League Cup winner's medal trumps any Olympic success.

pancreas

Quote from: Kelvin on July 27, 2021, 06:23:41 PM
Tom Daley for reasons I don't feel compelled to divulge.

^
he knows

Shoulders?-Stomach!

And just what is so inferior about Daley Thompson's buttocks, chest, scrotum, taint area, facial appearance, demeanour, scent, meatus, testes, dress sense, eh?

He is here now, perhaps you can let him know. Daley, come here and listen to what these men have to say about you.

Jerzy Bondov

Diving is one of those olympic sports that's boring as fuck but everyone pretends to like it because someone from off of are brave Team GB is good at it. Some lad jumping in the water. Can see that any time at the local tombstoning spot and at least there you've got a chance of seeing someone's brains popping out on a rock.

Autopsy Turvey

Quote from: steve98 on July 27, 2021, 08:50:06 PM
People here won't know who Tyne Daly is/was. She wasn't much of an actress,

Both very strange assertions. She was one of the most famous and lauded American TV actresses of the 80s. Nominated for sixteen Emmys, won six. Tony Award winner. American Theatre Hall of Fame inductee. Also "awarded the Women in Film Lucy Award in recognition of her excellence and innovation in her creative works that have enhanced the perception of women through the medium of television".

Thompson is better, though.

dissolute ocelot

I'm sure I remember some shitty 8-bit diving game, probably a subgame of some Olympics thing. Having to select how many pikes you'd do and then hammer buttons to line yourself up properly before you splashed in the water. No match for the simplicity of Thompson's Decathlon.

What about Richard J Daley, corrupt Chicago mayor who had a ton of hippies beaten up in 1968? Seems like a fun guy.