Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:21:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Which is Best Daley?

Started by Blumf, July 27, 2021, 03:37:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

You pays your money, you takes your choices

Tom Daley
4 (13.3%)
Daley Thompson
23 (76.7%)
Roger Daley
0 (0%)
Arthur Daley
3 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 30

shiftwork2

Dunno who the twink is but Thompson's achievement was easily replicated by positioning a golf ball between P and O on a ZX Spectrum keyboard and performing a rapid left-right palm motion with an excursion of around 1cm.  Guy was a grifter.

steve98

Quote from: Jerzy Bondov on July 28, 2021, 10:01:00 AM
Diving is one of those olympic sports that's boring as fuck but everyone pretends to like it because someone from off of are brave Team GB is good at it. Some lad jumping in the water. Can see that any time at the local tombstoning spot and at least there you've got a chance of seeing someone's brains popping out on a rock.

I read today that he's knitting a little cozy for his gold medal, like a tea-cozy - could you do that? With a bobble-top? I know I couldn't.
It's easy to sneer, but it's better to be of good cheer, I always say.

Glebe

Gotta be Thompson.

RE: Tyne Daly, it was nice to see her pop up in Spider-Man: Homecoming.

popcorn

Tape Daley
Digital Delay
Bucket bridge Daley

Quote from: steve98 on July 27, 2021, 08:50:06 PM
People here won't know who Tyne Daly is/was. She wasn't much of an actress, but could do an amazing Forsyth impression ("Ooo Good game good game.")

She's great in that Dirty Harry movie. Always sad at the end.

Anyway,

QuoteDaley Thompson probaby could have played lower league football as well given he was playing reserve team footy for professional clubs once he retired.

He thought he did. I actually saw him play for Reading (red kit, 1994-5 season) albeit in a pre-season friendly and was pretty certain he had appeared in a league game for Mansfield.

He's not my favourite Olympics-Reading FC connection as Adam Gemili was on our books for a bit as a kid. I marvel at just how shit his first touch must have been.

Glebe

Ian Drunken Smurf

What about golf legend John Daly?

popcorn

Quote from: popcorn on July 28, 2021, 03:02:45 PM
Tape Daley
Digital Delay
Bucket bridge Daley

Why did I write "bridge"

jamiefairlie

How about 'Britain's most expensive footballer" Steve?

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: popcorn on July 29, 2021, 12:56:49 PM
Why did I write "bridge"

And why did you write 'delay'?

I know, I know, you were just waiting for someone from the bucket brigade to pick you up on your spelling.

Johnny Yesno

The best Daley is Daley Thompson despite him not actually being the son of Tom Daley, as implied by the name.

badaids

Remember when Daley Thompson whistled through the national anthem in the 80s when collecting his medal and caused all the protocol gammons to go all Ivy Mike? Always loved him for that.

And why no mention of Tony Daley who got a few caps for England under Turnip Taylor?