Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:15:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Only Connect 2021/22

Started by Norton Canes, July 27, 2021, 10:07:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norton Canes

Spoiler alert
"Pretty please... with cherry top on"
[close]

Please don't read that spoiler until you've watched the Apollos vs. Jukeboxers episode, it's absolutely the best moment on the show ever

Jasha

To give it it's full context

Spoiler alert
please
[close]

Spoiler alert
pretty please
[close]

Spoiler alert
pretty please... with a cherry on top
[close]

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

That moment was quite incredible.

That's two episodes in which I've felt quite smug for getting a film related question on the second clue, while the contestants flounder towards the wrong answer (I was mostly useless for the rest of the time though).

gilbertharding

Can someone give me a clue - what time in the episode does this happen (sorry - I'm genuinely on the horns of a dilemma, where my time is too precious to watch a whole episode of a week-old quiz show I don't really like, but apparently not sufficiently precious that I'd want to not see it)?

EOLAN

Last round so about 25 minutes into it.

gilbertharding

I expect you'll be underwhelmed.

gilbertharding

Far happier about being underwhelmed after a few moments than having to watch the whole thing.

I actually don't mind Only Connect when it's on, but I wouldn't seek it out. Actually, that's a problem I have with a lot of tv, which means all the 'binging on box sets' (or even, just finding something to stream) is a bit of a problem for me.

I was a bit annoyed by the Xbox question this week. I knew the connection from the first clue, but had to wait for the second to know the sequence. Then again, that isn't unusual for the second round.