Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:59:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Phil Tippett's Mad God - stop motion feature film

Started by purlieu, July 27, 2021, 11:44:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

purlieu

St_Eddie

Looks phenomenal.  Lovely to see Phil Tippett complete his passion project.  The result is kinda what I imagine an animated David Lynch film would look like.

As an aside, is the title a play on "mad dog"?

zomgmouse

Apparently there are three "Mad God" short films (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3) he's directed before making this - but I can find no evidence of where to find them online. Maybe they're not actually short films but rather tests? Or parts that will come together in this upcoming feature release?

His debut stop-motion short "Prehistoric Beast" however is available here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCt8zdMLqyQ

And "Mutant Land" is available here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qBRZR-GQq4

Small Man Big Horse

I've seen this now, and jesus, it really is something special, even though I can understand why it's divided critics so. Here's the short mini-review I wrote:

Thirty years in the making Phil Tippett's stop motion insanity is a relentlessly grotesque and deeply deranged film filled with nearly every bodily fluid you can imagine along with mutated creatures, death and misery and an unconventional narrative which confused me at certain points, though I was never less than captivated by the imagery, even if I wasn't always sure what Tippett was trying to say. Sometimes films that are so bewildering frustrate me but this time around it wasn't the case, and I loved every second of this unhinged strangeness. 8.8/10

zomgmouse

ooh where'd you see it? would you categorise it as a horror film?

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: zomgmouse on October 10, 2021, 11:09:51 PM
ooh where'd you see it? would you categorise it as a horror film?

It's leaked online, though right now it appears only to be on private trackers.

And yes, absolutely and then some!

zomgmouse

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on October 10, 2021, 11:40:08 PM
It's leaked online, though right now it appears only to be on private trackers.

And yes, absolutely and then some!

oooooooooooooooooooooh

zomgmouse

Have seen it now and fucking hell, the detail and imagination that went into this, just terrific stuff