Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:18:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Beadle's About and the council

Started by willbo, July 28, 2021, 07:55:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

purlieu

Quote from: gilbertharding on July 29, 2021, 01:15:54 PM
Chewing gum underneath the tables?
Yeah. Metal scraper and all.

In hindsight I wish I'd gone to say hello. Thinking about it, it makes him seem far less snobby than most in his position would be. I once sat near Bill Maynard in a pub (more Leicestershire celebs) and he was fucking awful, talking loudly about celebrities so everyone knew he was important.

Chriddof

The mention of the late night edition of You've Been Framed reminded me that I actually taped it at the time... and that I ripped it many years later. Here it is, just uploaded:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nPxuKAqonU

willbo

I can never find Beadle's small hand noticeable. I can see it if I look hard, but it never stands out to me. My parents used to point it out to me and I couldn't see it unless I compared it with his other one.

gilbertharding

Quote from: Chriddof on July 30, 2021, 08:03:52 AM
The mention of the late night edition of You've Been Framed reminded me that I actually taped it at the time... and that I ripped it many years later. Here it is, just uploaded:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nPxuKAqonU

I heard you get to see it going in and everything.

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: jamiefairlie on July 29, 2021, 04:09:02 PM
"Watch out, Beadle's a cunt"

"Beadles about? A bout of the clap."

- Craig Ferguson, I think.

The Lurker

There's every chance I've made this up or confused it with another show but wasn't there a moment where they had a stop a prank halfway through as the victim said something like "this is a Jeremy Beadle prank, isn't it?"

robhug

Quote from: willbo on July 30, 2021, 08:33:10 AM
I can never find Beadle's small hand noticeable. I can see it if I look hard, but it never stands out to me. My parents used to point it out to me and I couldn't see it unless I compared it with his other one.

This triggered a memory of a rarity , something faintly amusing David Baddiel said. It was along the lines of Beadle "pulling a bird" getting her back to his place and whipping his cock out and her getting excited only for the voice over to say "what she doesn't know is I've got it in my little hand"

sure it was baddiel, might have been on that show he did that included funny ways people from the victorian ages died

willbo

I remember my parents gathering family on new year's eve in the late 90s with a bbc panel playing on the tv, and Baddiel said said "it's year of the rooster, so I thought I might fuck a hen". Which had my whole family yelling about how disgusting he was and how terrible the BBC was to put him on a family evening.

Strangely enough... his mate Frank Skinner was born on a Rooster year...

JaDanketies

One of my subcontractors actually has a little hand and it definitely makes me think the mocking of Beadle's hand is distasteful and was never actually funny

I remember there being one with this guy who had a very noticeable nervous tic where he would sort of chew at the air near his ear when he was getting stressed.
It was immediately apparent that this was why he'd been chosen, why his "friends" had nominated him.
There were no mid-twitch cuts, put it that way. They weren't gonna leave those money shots on the editing room floor.

Really felt like the show had boiled itself down to it's core essence there.
They probably dressed it up as inclusivity at the time, gave him a bigger badge for being an extra specially good sport.
Have I dreamt this? Was it Noel instead?

franticplanet

Quote from: ImmaculateClump on July 31, 2021, 02:11:56 AM
I remember there being one with this guy who had a very noticeable nervous tic where he would sort of chew at the air near his ear when he was getting stressed.
It was immediately apparent that this was why he'd been chosen, why his "friends" had nominated him.
There were no mid-twitch cuts, put it that way. They weren't gonna leave those money shots on the editing room floor.

Really felt like the show had boiled itself down to it's core essence there.
They probably dressed it up as inclusivity at the time, gave him a bigger badge for being an extra specially good sport.
Have I dreamt this? Was it Noel instead?

I remember this too, it was definitely Beadle. I think it was one of those 'got some agency work for the day, but in a blood bank with Dracula, or some fucking warehouse where boxes of bouncing balls keep falling off the shelves' pranks.

sutin

Quote from: willbo on July 30, 2021, 08:33:10 AM

I didn't know about his hand for years, and YBF etc. was on a lot in our house. It really wasn't that noticable.

sutin

I was a big fan of Beadle's Hotshots as a kid. Members of the public made their own little films and sent them in and there was a few regulars ('Hard As Nails' I remember the best).

robhug

Beadle did seem to get a bad press overall during his pomp but it was nice to see he got a big hand at the comedy awards the year he died.

Quote from: ImmaculateClump on July 31, 2021, 02:11:56 AM

Was his name Glenn Bulb?

Swift

Quote from: franticplanet on July 31, 2021, 10:26:00 AM
or some fucking warehouse where boxes of bouncing balls keep falling off the shelves' pranks.

I always felt sorry for the people in those ones. I always thought they must've been really happy and relieved to finally get a job and then they find out it's a made up job, and off they go back to the job hunt.

Uncle TechTip

Hopefully they got a nice bung off the back of it. A good way to persuade them to come on the show too.