Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 10:43:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Wireless PC network card problem

Started by Pinball, February 29, 2004, 10:16:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinball

This weekend I went wireless. Worked fine apart from 1 PC with a Belkin wireless desktop network card. It just won't connect to the US Robotics router/modem!! Anyone with a similar adverse experience who solved the problem..??

Tubgirl

Hi there

sorry i cant really help, but i had a belking wireless card for my laptop, and i could never get it going properly

worked fine, then next reboot wouldnt, tried in another laptop, tried another card from the manufacturer, same problem

bought a linksys card, not a single problem

common consensus from the various experts is : Belkin Wireless = shit

TB

Dusty Gozongas

Quote from: "Pinball"This weekend I went wireless. Worked fine apart from 1 PC with a Belkin wireless desktop network card. It just won't connect to the US Robotics router/modem!! Anyone with a similar adverse experience who solved the problem..??

Not an adverse problem, and not actually the same setup here (i'm using a Netgear router) but I found that different OS/software-firewall combinations can produce odd results.

It may be worth your while disabling the load-at-startup option in any firewall software to see if that's the problem.  I recall Tiny Personal Firewall being quirky on a Win ME system here.