Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 11:59:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Scam COVID related emails

Started by Fambo Number Mive, July 28, 2021, 01:33:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

Got one of these today. Generally if they address you by your email, it's a scam. Also that it claimed to be from an NHS email but then had a Hotmail email in brackets alerted me.

QuoteCoronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination - NHS

Dear my email,

The COVID-19 travel certificate has been created in a bid to restore the freedom of travel,

which has been put at a halt for over a year now, since the pandemic erupted all over the block.

Through the certificate, the Commission intends to remove travel restrictions as entry bans, quarantine obligation, and testing.

What Is an COVID-19 Vaccine Passport/Certificate?

The COVID-19 Vaccine Passport/Certificate is a one-piece document that can be issued to a traveller in both a paper and digital format.

Depending on the traveller's status, there are three types of COVID-19 passport launched.

* Vaccination passport
* Test certificate
* Recovery certificate

Those holding such a document will be able to travel throughout Europe without the need to quarantine or test for COVID-19

The Passport will be issued to all those who have been fully vaccinated against the Coronavirus, with one of the four vaccines approved by the National Medicine Agency, which are:

AstraZeneca, Pfizer, Moderna and Janssen (Johnson & Johnson)

The certificate will prove that its holder has been vaccinated while also containing additional information on the vaccine, as when the doses were administered, who is the manufacturer, etc.

Who can use this service

You can only use this service if you have received an email/SMS regarding this invitation. You can not use this service for anyone other than yourself.

You are also free to reject this invitation, your appointment will be issued to the next person in line in that case.

Please confirm or reject your invitation by selecting an option below.

- scam link

- scam link

You are required to reply to this invitation within 12 hours of this notification.

This is an OFFICIAL invitation sent to my email.
2021 NHS Crown Copyright

Anyone else had any scam COVID emails? And who do you report them to?

BlodwynPig

"All over the block" should have been the main red flag

The Culture Bunker

Didn't get any emails, but last Summer I had a few text messages pretending to be from the NHS telling me to log-in to some website for some vague Covid-related reason or other.

Spending the year working at home also gave me an insight into how much the scam phone call industry must be worth, as I was getting up to 20 calls a week at various points.

Captain Z

I keep getting scam letters through my door telling me I need to pay a "licence" to watch TV. Very persistent and official-looking, you have to give them credit.