Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 10:01:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Prank shows that didn't go down well with the pranked

Started by The Lurker, July 29, 2021, 05:51:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lurker

Tom Cruise is the main only one I can think of. Y'know the one on Balls of Steel where he called the interviewer a jerk for squirting him with water during an interview. Cruise was definitely in the right though and if anything, his reaction was far more humilating for the interviewer than if he'd just done something like scream and shout and call him a fucking dickhead.

The Cruise video even has an Ebaums watermark on it, in case you were wondering how long a go it was: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McoJtrdpSYQ

Is there many more examples of prankers getting called out? If they did, I can't imagine they'd make it past the edit but you get my point.

Noodle Lizard

There's the Punk'd bit which ended up with Zach Braff beating a child, but it was edited out of the episode.

I could swear I'd seen the footage, I remember what it looked like, but I can't find it anywhere now so perhaps it's a false memory.

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on July 29, 2021, 06:12:29 PMI could swear I'd seen the footage, I remember what it looked like, but I can't find it anywhere now so perhaps it's a false memory.

There were gifs of it, but I'm not sure there was full footage.

Glebe

There's a Jeremy Beadle thread started recently, didn't he get into a few hairy situations with some less-than-amused victims?

Cold Meat Platter

The Lurker

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on July 29, 2021, 07:05:28 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enBLNVOBVKE

French show where the 'prankster' gets kicked in the head.

Holy shit. I knew that was going to be good the moment YouTube asked me to sign in to verify my age.

imitationleather

robhug

Quote from: imitationleather on July 30, 2021, 01:09:04 PM
To be fair, that is an absolutely amazing kick.

Bet he couldnt do that again it was perfect!

Made it even better the kicker was wearing a stereotypical french tshirt, and the prank was really shit.

mippy

Listened to a radio phone-in one - either Steve Penk or someone trying really hard ro be him - where they got a man to phone his wife to tell her he'd lost his job, the week before Xmas. She got increasingly upset and was nearly hysterical by the time the prank was revealed.

Petey Pate

Who could forget the legendary coffee shop prank in Jon He Does It?

Brundle-Fly

DLT seemed to get quite cross during this Noel's Gotcha.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2odbtx

Obviously contains traces of The Hairy Cornflake but a young Geoffrey McGivern makes up for it.

Gurke and Hare

ajsmith2

Sorry for being thick, but can anyone explain what the prank was even meant to be? All I can make out is a guy running about erratically.

Jumblegraws

I remember one time Sal (I think) and Ronnie the limo driver (I think) tried to prank Stern on The Howard Stern Show. I can't even remember what they did (or tried to do), only that it resulted in Stern giving them a lengthy, on-air bollocking and a Partridge-esque warning to never do anything of the sort again.
Quote from: ajsmith2 on July 30, 2021, 05:26:55 PM
Sorry for being thick, but can anyone explain what the prank was even meant to be? All I can make out is a guy running about erratically.
Yeah, I would also like to know. Saw something green flapping around in there, but no idea what was going on.

badaids

Not a show but theres that clip in an american school when someone jumps out of a bin dressed as a werewulfs to scare some other pupil and just gets calmly panelled in the face and falls back into the bin cant be arsed to find the clip thanks bye.

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on July 30, 2021, 03:02:19 PM
DLT seemed to get quite cross during this Noel's Gotcha.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2odbtx

Obviously contains traces of The Hairy Cornflake but a young Geoffrey McGivern makes up for it.

Then there was that prank when they got a load of women to falsely accuse him then a genuine victim came forward and he was done for her case.

kalowski

I hate it when the word prank us used as a verb ("I pranked him").
Unless, if course, it's the original meaning of
"to bespangle or cover in colourful profusion" or "to pleat or fold" or "to prance".

St_Eddie

I'm a big fan of the Bin Goblin prank.

Quote from: ajsmith2 on July 30, 2021, 05:26:55 PM

The guy had a load of green silly string sprayed in his face as far as I can tell.

Can someone answer me a quick, boring question? 

I can't watch that video as I get a message coming up saying
"VERIFY YOUR AGE
Complete a brief check to show that you're old enough to watch this video. Learn more".

Been seeing that message on a lot of YT videos lately and it does my nut in.

I've got my own YT/Google account which I'm permanently logged into and which already knows my date of birth, but when you click on the "Verify' link, it asks me to either give Google my credit card details or scan a copy of my drivers licence or passport.  And fuck that, quite frankly.   

So, you lot that are able to watch that video, am I right in thinking you've all verified your accounts by doing the above, or is there a way around it? 

Fairly lowbrow, but the guy's reaction is amusing given he's not even an employee of the place that's been affected.

Johnny Knoxville warning: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCQQFJDkJlA&ab_channel=JohnnyCameron%28MankyFrankie%29

badaids

Quote from: Beep Cleep Chimney on July 30, 2021, 05:50:17 PM
Can someone answer me a quick, boring question? 

I can't watch that video as I get a message coming up saying
"VERIFY YOUR AGE
Complete a brief check to show that you're old enough to watch this video. Learn more".

Been seeing that message on a lot of YT videos lately and it does my nut in.

I've got my own YT/Google account which I'm permanently logged into and which already knows my date of birth, but when you click on the "Verify' link, it asks me to either give Google my credit card details or scan a copy of my drivers licence or passport.  And fuck that, quite frankly.   

So, you lot that are able to watch that video, am I right in thinking you've all verified your accounts by doing the above, or is there a way around it?

I get the same. It wants me send a copy of my passport or my back card in order to verify. They can get to dogs pizzle.

Bronzy

Quote from: drummersaredeaf on July 30, 2021, 05:52:41 PM
Fairly lowbrow, but the guy's reaction is amusing given he's not even an employee of the place that's been affected.

Johnny Knoxville warning: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCQQFJDkJlA&ab_channel=JohnnyCameron%28MankyFrankie%29

The outtakes are pretty good as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4NNadaIw9U

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on July 29, 2021, 06:12:29 PM
There's the Punk'd bit which ended up with Zach Braff beating a child, but it was edited out of the episode.

I could swear I'd seen the footage, I remember what it looked like, but I can't find it anywhere now so perhaps it's a false memory.

I know it's been talked about, even by Braff himself. But I'm not sure it's true, several now well-known comedians (such as Daniel Tosh and Whitney Cummings) were actors used in the pranks and they've all said the show is completely fake. Although I'm not sure what Zach Braff gets out of making up a story where he beats up a kid. Wouldn't be surprised if he thought it made him sound badass and cool, to be honest.

I guess the Dennis Pennis/Steve Martin one might count? That was just sad.

thenoise

Quote from: Jumblegraws on July 30, 2021, 05:35:06 PM
I remember one time Sal (I think) and Ronnie the limo driver (I think) tried to prank Stern on The Howard Stern Show. I can't even remember what they did (or tried to do), only that it resulted in Stern giving them a lengthy, on-air bollocking and a Partridge-esque warning to never do anything of the sort again.Yeah, I would also like to know. Saw something green flapping around in there, but no idea what was going on.

Radio pranks have a pretty grim track record. There was those Australians who conned a British nurse into telling them about Princess Katie, resulting in her suicide.

Then there was "hold your wee for a wii" contest, where a couple of yank clowns persuaded a group of people to consume dangerous levels of water without urinating until one of them became ill and later died.

Quote from: Bronzy on July 30, 2021, 06:19:37 PM
The outtakes are pretty good as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4NNadaIw9U

It was the outtakes I saw in the first place now I watch it back. Really aggro behaviour that makes it surprising how happy he was to sign the release.

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: Beep Cleep Chimney on July 30, 2021, 05:50:17 PM

The video worked for me, and I've never seen any of that age verification thing.
The only verification I've ever had to do is when I opened the account, to enable me to post videos longer than 15 minutes I had to give it my phone number and a robot voice phoned me and gave me a 4 or 5 figure number to type in a box.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Petey Pate on July 30, 2021, 01:30:26 PM
Who could forget the legendary coffee shop prank in Jon He Does It?

Are you in love with me or are you in prank with me?

coinneach

QuotePennis was visibly amused at the look of disgust on some of the stars' faces. There was some controversy when Pennis asked of Steve Martin: "How come you're not funny any more?" Martin subsequently cancelled all scheduled press interviews.

Dunno if you'd call that a prank right enough more just being a cock

Like Shane Duffy asking Ronaldinho why he's not good at football anymore

willbo

There was a really entertaining American show in the 00s called "scare tactics" which was basically Beadle/Punkd but with all horror movie situations. I think someone sued the show in it's (very shoddy) first series for emotional distress, (she was stuck in a car with "werewolves" outside or something) which led to very fake acted looking (but more entertaining) later episodes.

There was a really chilling early episode where a woman thinks she's going to be kidnapped into slavery and offers to have sex with the men. That was vile tbh. I dunno how they even aired that.

There's a really shitty Youtube rabbit hole of people who play violent/nasty pranks on the public. The "ghetto pranks" and stuff. I like horror themed ones though. Even though I feel guilty enjoying them. I like the ones with the amputee guy playing a man who's been chopped up by a maniac.