Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:57:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Mash Report going to Dave

Started by mjwilson, July 29, 2021, 10:17:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjwilson

Dave are picking up The Mash Report (or rather, Late Night Mash).

I don't have a lot more to say really. I tried to just add it to the bottom of a thread but the forum software shouted at me, so here's a new thread instead.

Probably a good idea for Dave I would have thought? It gets some name recognition for one of its shows and I'm sure it would be happy having a few clips going viral every now and again.

KennyMonster

I don't really enjoy The Mash Report much, it just seems to be the same old boring 'repeat the crazy things in the news' "Satire" shows we have.

but this is good if it means that Dave has no room for the horrible Matt Ford guy now.

dissolute ocelot

Dave is actually owned by the BBC's commercial wing (which is called BBC Studios these days for some reason) via UKTV, although Mash Report is made by Zeppotron (part of Endemol Shine). All very confusing. And no idea if you can still say "BBC cancelled Mash Report for political reasons!"

robhug

the mash report was/is intolerably shite

i find kumar insufferable, he's in my closed box of comedians that no matter what they do I simply wont accept them as anything other than shite. He's in there with Corden and Howard. And Jack Whitehall of course.

The Mollusk

My first exposure to Kumar was on Rule of Three talking about Darkplace. I didn't see why people found him so irritating, seemed like a nice chap to me. Then I saw him on Taskmaster and I heard his laugh and that was it for me. RoT also made me forget how annoying Sue Perkins generally is, as she's very incisive and engaging when she's on talking about Spinal Tap.

Midas

Autopsy Turvey

Quote from: robhug on July 30, 2021, 12:53:32 PM
the mash report was/is intolerably shite
i find kumar insufferable, he's in my closed box of comedians that no matter what they do I simply wont accept them as anything other than shite. He's in there with Corden and Howard. And Jack Whitehall of course.

Can't argue with any of that, except to say that the one good thing I ever saw Nish do was that little song he did on Taskmaster with Mark Watson on drums. Coffee table singer-songwriter indie's loss was overgenerous laughing on panel shows' gain - unless it was a Peter Andre Insania situation and he already had the chords and melody worked out in advance.

Not sure how topical jokes will work in Dave's endless repeat rotation situation; maybe political satire becomes historically interesting after about 25 years, but after 2 years who gives a shit?

gilbertharding

Nish Kumar is fine. It is funny how polarising he is. The more some people vocally hate him, the more some other people seem to like him. As I say, I think he's alright.

Ambient Sheep

I like both Nish and The Mash Report, so this is good news as far as I'm concerned.  Hopefully Rachel Parris will still be involved too.

Brundle-Fly

Nish Kumar is one of the good guys, no?

gilbertharding

Definitely. And the amount of piss he boils makes him worth the price of admission on its own. How funny he is? Different question. I think he's fine, as I said.

Gurke and Hare

I like his stand-up, but if I'd only ever seen him being wry on panel shows I'd probably be less of a fan.

bobloblaw

Quote from: The Mollusk on July 30, 2021, 01:17:31 PM
My first exposure to Kumar was on Rule of Three talking about Darkplace. I didn't see why people found him so irritating, seemed like a nice chap to me. Then I saw him on Taskmaster and I heard his laugh and that was it for me. RoT also made me forget how annoying Sue Perkins generally is, as she's very incisive and engaging when she's on talking about Spinal Tap.

Sue's Off Menu is one of the best too, one eye-watering anecdote that they keep returning to in particular...