Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:10:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Goblincore: RIP HS Art

Started by Cuellar, July 30, 2021, 12:48:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cuellar

Goblincore: the fashion trend that embraces 'chaos, dirt and mud'

QuoteMushrooms, toads and moss might not be the most celebrated of nature's creations, but thanks to goblincore, an aesthetic that is blossoming online as well as in forests, the danker, gnarlier side of nature is enjoying a moment in the sun.

According to the TikTok user @froggiecrocs, AKA Parker, who has more than 90,000 followers who tune in for his goblincore content, it "romanticizes the ugly, lesser appreciated parts of the natural world". Its trappings include animal skulls and earthworms and its influences range from David Bowie in Labyrinth to the Twilight Saga. According to the trends expert Sabrina Faramarzi, it is about "chaos, dirt and mud".

Although the scene is all about inclusivity, awareness of historical antisemitic references to goblins has led some, including McGain-Harding, to substitute other terms, such as mushroomcore or mosscore.

A close but more feral cousin to cottagecore, a trend for a stylised, agrarian way of life and its aesthetic – prairie dresses, jam tarts, thatched cottages and strawberry motifs – that was big last year, goblincore is, says Brennan, more "rough around the edges".

"Wildflowers and white linen dresses are wonderful but goblincore is staining that same dress with mud and moss and watching snails and slugs eat the wildflowers," says McGain-Harding, who thinks it harks back to the way you appreciate nature as a mud-pie-making child.

"Goblincore is cottagecore for those that actually spend time in nature," says Faramarzi.

Banano-contemplate then glen-discuss

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote"Goblincore is cottagecore for those that actually spend time in nature," says Faramarzi.

Chauntceycore is bdayocore for those who actually spend time in anus, says The Devonshire Poo Pusher

king_tubby

chveik

monetizing hs art eh

we would crabbin right now

touchingcloth

Belted up the arse by a goblicore Boglin.

I would be up for a seasonal goblincore subforum called 'Naughty Christmas - Goblincore in the Office', in tribute to Oscillations favourites Fat Les.

pancreas

Where, pray, does a pterringcore fuck nolly stand in relation to a goblincore fuck nolly?

rack and peanut

Harry Kim desocore or fuck off

QuoteAlthough the scene is all about inclusivity, awareness of historical antisemitic references to goblins has led some, including McGain-Harding, to substitute other terms, such as mushroomcore or mosscore.

Not looking good for H.S. Art.

king_tubby

QuoteAlthough the scene is all about inclusivity, awareness of historical antisemitic references to goblins has led some, including McGain-Harding, to substitute other terms, such as mushroomcore or mosscore.

JK Rowling.

Captain Z

Mizbet the Skull-Fucking Scarecrow would turn in his gravy if he knew that goblincore now amounted to a picture of a mushroom on a T-shirt.

Video Game Fan 2000

I thought the "goblin" thing was 100% an altright dogwhistle? From that anime? The only other thing I can think of is that Korean fantasy soap opera. Cottagecore was pretty sus to start with.

Its amazing how the media falls for clearly fake shit like OK and Honk Honk but "goblin" gets through.

Video Game Fan 2000

Corecore : dressing in a way that provokes thinkpieces from confused millenials who think cultural history stopped with Arcade Fire

All Surrogate

Quote from: Cuellar on July 30, 2021, 12:48:50 PM
cottagecore

Is that some kind of contraction of "hardcore cottaging"?

I may have found a new hobby.

Warty Boyz, fine. Wriggles McGiggleicious, of course, but skullyboos? Really?
They're not ugly cute, they're just sad, they make me think about gwampa going shottygobble fuckaby, pelletboop in the boncepop.

Ian Drunken Smurf

pancreas

Johnny Yesno

Mr Eggs

Gaptain Pea-Coddy is in a situation.

Kankurette

thenoise

Just printed t-shirts, then. Is that even a fashion trend?

Cuellar

Printed t-shirts with mushrooms on them

Boyciecore

who cares

I like toads and moss, I like going barefoot in a marsh- fucked if I'm calling it 'goblincore' though.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

It's goblincore though mate isn't it really

who cares

Yes, I suppose it is. The core of it is indubitably goblin.

who cares

Nah not really.

I very much dislike goblins. Like Toby jugs and David Walliams, there's a leering quality that I find most distasteful.

poo

Love anything goblins but this isn't goblins. Absolute cunting bollocks.

Goldentony

this is just ozric tentacles fans, weve already got them

jonnycuba

We have a moss ball floating in water called 'Mandy'. It's rather beautiful, is this Goblincore?