Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 01:51:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Jar Jar Binks of TV land. (and film, R.I.P. Deeper In Movies etc)

Started by Brundle-Fly, July 30, 2021, 07:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

An tSaoi

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on August 03, 2021, 08:59:23 PM
Ewan McGregor's wife in The Long Way Down.

Yeah, you could tell John Boorman's son was crestfallen when McGregor told him the wife would be tagging along. He could barely put a brave face on it. TV gold.

Gulftastic

JesusAndYourBush

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Catalogue Trousers on August 04, 2021, 12:28:02 AM

Daenerys Targaryen.

Ffwd any time I saw sand or generally beige terrain. Didn't work toward the end though.

Replies From View

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on August 04, 2021, 09:57:30 AM
Pickle the Elf on Knightmare

Good shout.  As a kid I liked his presence - maybe he took the edge off the tension or something - but seeing some clips ever since Knightmare became nostalgia-food, I've found him unbearable.  Little drama school fuckabout.

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on August 05, 2021, 01:07:32 AM
The pantomime horse in Rentaghost.

Dobbin was my favourite bit of Rentaghost as a child.  Never really watched an episode since then, but my older brother has said that Rentaghost went rubbish when they got the horse in.

Brundle-Fly

Snagglepuss in Laff-a-lympics
Shakin' Bugs Bunny with an annoying smartarse attitude and shit catchphrase "Heavens to Murgatroyd".

I mean, what's the deal with that? *leans on mic stand.

touchingcloth

Ed Gamble. He's extraordinarily well-represented in media which I enjoy in spite rather than because of him.

Mr Trumpet

Obviously Star Trek's Wesley Crusher (although he never bothered me)

non capisco

beanheadmcginty

Gulftastic

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on August 06, 2021, 11:57:11 AM
Jim'll's robotic chair on Jim'll Fix It

That was the only thing that prevented him from pouncing on the kids. At a moment's notice restraints could be employed. The Beeb edited out any such incidents, of course, at the demand of the Prince of Wales

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: Spiteface on July 31, 2021, 11:39:06 PM
Kennedy in the final season of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
I rewatched the series last year and she wasn't quite as insufferable as I remembered, although that was probably just down to bingewatching, instead of spreading her appearances out over several weeks. It wasn't just that she was annoying, but the very concept of her character didn't particularly make sense. As a rich kid, suddenly thrust into a situation in which she's utterly helpless, I reckon she should have been the one having the biggest meltdown, not acting all confident and sassy.

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: Replies From View on August 06, 2021, 06:10:52 AM
Dobbin was my favourite bit of Rentaghost as a child.  Never really watched an episode since then, but my older brother has said that Rentaghost went rubbish when they got the horse in.

When the series first started the stories were decent but once they introduced the horse every story revolved around that damn horse. It got tedious really fast.

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on August 06, 2021, 05:39:20 PM
I rewatched the series last year and she wasn't quite as insufferable as I remembered, although that was probably just down to bingewatching, instead of spreading her appearances out over several weeks. It wasn't just that she was annoying, but the very concept of her character didn't particularly make sense. As a rich kid, suddenly thrust into a situation in which she's utterly helpless, I reckon she should have been the one having the biggest meltdown, not acting all confident and sassy.

I've found Xander to be the most insufferable character on re-watches, he really is an appalling creep a lot of the time and now I can't help but see him as Whedon's self-insert avatar.

The character I really want to nominate for this thread, however, is JD from Scrubs. He managed to somehow be the lead character and the Jar-Jar of the show at the same time.

Replies From View

Scrooge McDuck's nephews Hewish, Lewish and Dewish completely ruined Ducktails.

I don't know or care if they had their origins elsewhere in the Disney multiverse - I suspect they were Mickey and Minnie Mouse's offspring but I'm not going back to check - but essentially these little meddling fuckers had one identical personality and in being three of them only served to multiply the Scrappy Doo overtones of every episode.

If you absolutely need a bo diddly donkey konkey panic in your mix, then only have the one of them.  Don't outnumber your Scrooge McDuck with sugar and spice, is my advice.

See you again in Rolf's Cartoon Club next week

Gulftastic

Quote from: Ron Maels Moustache on August 07, 2021, 01:36:18 AM
The character I really want to nominate for this thread, however, is JD from Scrubs. He managed to somehow be the lead character and the Jar-Jar of the show at the same time.

Yes, it's amazing how badly that character has aged. The show is unwatchable nowadays.

jonbob

Quote from: Gulftastic on August 07, 2021, 10:03:36 AM
Yes, it's amazing how badly that character has aged. The show is unwatchable nowadays.
it was borderline unwatchable from the day it first aired

crankshaft

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on August 03, 2021, 08:48:58 PM
Will Bailey in The West Wing.

Mandy in The West Wing.

Will is terrific when he first arrives (and is written by Sorkin). It just goes to hell when John Wells takes over and moves him to a stupid job with a stupid VP.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Replies From View on August 07, 2021, 08:49:44 AM
Scrooge McDuck's nephews Hewish, Lewish and Dewish completely ruined Ducktails.

I don't know or care if they had their origins elsewhere in the Disney multiverse - I suspect they were Mickey and Minnie Mouse's offspring but I'm not going back to check - but essentially these little meddling fuckers had one identical personality and in being three of them only served to multiply the Scrappy Doo overtones of every episode.

If you absolutely need a bo diddly donkey konkey panic in your mix, then only have the one of them.  Don't outnumber your Scrooge McDuck with sugar and spice, is my advice.

See you again in Rolf's Cartoon Club next week

Donald is a cunt and whatever his cunt nephews do is fair.

Has there ever been an episode where H D L and Chip and Dale try to be bigger cunts to Donald?

Replies From View

Quote from: Dex Sawash on August 07, 2021, 06:07:58 PM

Donald is a cunt and whatever his cunt nephews do is fair.

Has there ever been an episode where H D L and Chip and Dale try to be bigger cunts to Donald?

Donald isn't Scrooge McDuck

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: jamiefairlie on July 30, 2021, 07:47:18 PM
Leave Adric alone! Leave him alone!
Adric was far less objectionable than many. I hated Tegan as a kid, and nobody can defend Bonnie Langford's character.

Regarding Buffy, Kennedy seems the common one to be named now, but Riley Finn is the correct answer (totally hated by fans for his clean-cut good looks, succession of terrible storylines, and not being a vampire).

Grant Ward in Agents of SHIELD.
Spoiler alert
He kept dying and being resurrected although he was less annoying when possessed by an ancient evil.
[close]

All babies/small children in everything, from Bewitched to Fairly Oddparents.

Replies From View

What's the consensus on Pebbles and Bam Bam?

My memory is that I enjoyed them as a child but I haven't seen them since and presume they are shite

Blue Jam

Blue Jam

Quote from: Catalogue Trousers on August 04, 2021, 12:28:02 AM
Rose Tyler and Donna Noble.

Nah, they're alright.

Quote from: jamiefairlie on July 30, 2021, 08:58:58 PM
Clara Oswald

Oh fuck yes. Watching series 9 now and she's making it a real slog. I just keep thinking back to that episode where Zawe Ashton's character tried to join The Doctor as a companion and he wouldn't take her. Just think, we could have had Malcolm Tucker with Vod as a companion... fucksake, we were fucking robbed.

IsavedLatin

Blue Jam

Quote from: IsavedLatin on August 09, 2021, 01:38:33 PM
AJ from The Sopranos. An utterly charmless void.

Aye. Should have been sent to Brat Camp instead of Vito Jr.

chveik

purlieu

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on August 09, 2021, 10:50:13 AM
Grant Ward in Agents of SHIELD.
Yeah, should have been killed off in the second series. An ensemble show with a single returning nemesis really doesn't work, especially one whose character can be summed up in one sentence ("I'm a fucked up psychopath but honestly I quite like all of you despite trying to kill you every week").