Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:55:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The posters you had on your bedroom wall as a child/teenager

Started by Replies From View, July 30, 2021, 09:26:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Replies From View

The thread about embarrassing t-shirts has reminded me that as a child and early teenager I had this movie poster for 'Freddie's Dead: The Final Nightmare' nice and huge on my bedroom wall.

I hadn't seen the film, and didn't even think the image was very pleasant, but I kept it on my wall for about five years.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I had beloved sex offender idol Kevin Spacey who I would wank over all jealous of his successful offences.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

I had one called "Tiny Damaged Notions" that was little cartoons of, well, tiny damaged notions like "Decorate Strangers". I had a big one of a leopard walking towards the viewer out of the darkness and I had a couple of wolf ones. I went halfsies with my sister on a big Evita poster which we tacked up at the top of the attic stairs between our rooms.

EDIT: Tiny Damaged Notions poster except I could swear mine was black.

Jockice

Talking of things you hadn't heard/seen, I had a huge promotional poster advertising U2's October album on my wall. I'd only heard bits of Boy and hadn't been overly impressed but you know they were sort of cool in those days and my best mates were really getting into them. When I got round to borrowing it off one of them I found it incredibly dull. The poster didn't last long after that and despite me only ever buying one of their releases (the Fire single, which I still quite like and with a live version of first album highlight Electrico on it) for years my parents thought I was a U2 fan. Never have been. Just never 'got' them.

Probably a couple of years earlier I had a big Debbie Harry poster that I'd on at the fairground directly above my bed. It can't have been secured very well though, as I woke up one morning with it ripped to shreds on top of my bed. I didn't wake up during the whole experience so I dread to think what I'd been dreaming.

Hey, maybe Blondie could have written a couple of songs about it.

I had an old timey train crashing through a wall in black and white with the caption "Oh Shit!"

St_Eddie

JamesTC

Unfortunately I couldn't find a bigger version of that specific poster of all Springfield residents. Used to love poring over it remembering all the classic episodes.

jobotic

When I was 13 or so. Before that dinosaurs and animals.

buttgammon

I had football posters (Manchester United and Wrexham) from an early age. Despite being an arty teenager who had a Keith Haring print from IKEA in my bedroom (it's still there), I also had a poster of Girls Aloud in latex catsuits for a few years, despite having no memory of where I got it from.

Pseudopath

Quote from: Replies From View on July 30, 2021, 09:26:59 PM
The thread about embarrassing t-shirts has reminded me that as a child and early teenager I had this movie poster for 'Freddie's Dead: The Final Nightmare' nice and huge on my bedroom wall.

I hadn't seen the film, and didn't even think the image was very pleasant, but I kept it on my wall for about five years.

Yeah...I must have had this poster (which came free with Crash magazine) on my wall for at least three years, despite it scaring the living shit out of me. I still haven't played the game:

Ultimately got replaced with a nice framed photo of Jet from Gladiators.

steve98

I had a poster of the horsehead nebula on my wall (For about a week, till my brother took a black felt-tip to it and turned it into the pighead nebula)

Neomod

Bus shelter size (dunno what the technical term is)

The Smiths The Boy With the Thorn in His Side single

Italian Taxi Driver

willbo

I had an absolutely huge South Park one, like 7 feet high or something, bought from bubble shop in Coventry. I went through this phase of just putting any band I thought looked cool from a magazine poster on the wall, so I had this bizarrely varied mix of Aerosmith next to Coal Chamber and Travis. Looking back I wish I'd chosen one genre and stuck with it.

Mr Banlon

idunnosomename

i actually have remembered I think my maternal grandparents bought me this issue before I got the magazine on subscription. wish I knew who did the original painting. as far as I can tell the image is copyrighted to De Agostini Editore, which makes sense.

also more dinosaurs. then progressively.

loads more but im embarrassed enough as it is now

bgmnts

It's weird we hate novelty fandom shirts but posters on the wall is acceptable. Never had any poster on any of my walls. The only piece or art/merch i've ever had is something I still have and they are two canvasses of Alien and Predator playing pool and chess and drinking in a parlour type room.

Unsure what that says about me but I quite like them.

dr beat

Biggytitbo
Blue Jam

In that order.

Actually, what happened to in that order? I liked them.

madhair60

i have a poster up on my wall right now it's carly rae jepsen, i'm cool

dr beat

Sorry - for clarification - what exactly are we meaning by 'posters you had on your bedroom wall?

Just checking, thanks.

The Culture Bunker

Numerous Eric Cantona and other Man United posters. The only music-related one was that Joy Division where they're standing at the road junction in Stockport.

My brother had that Kenny/South Park poster, though.

dr beat

dr beat

Alberon

As a kid I had posters from Star Wars Weekly and 2000AD on my wall

Quote from: Misspent Boners on July 30, 2021, 10:37:44 PM
I had an old timey train crashing through a wall in black and white with the caption "Oh Shit!"

Later on I had the same one.

dr beat

Quote from: dr beat on July 30, 2021, 11:22:30 PM
Sorry in that order was the best

Edit: At that

I always preferred Gillian and Stephen's new material.