Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:33:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The posters you had on your bedroom wall as a child/teenager

Started by Replies From View, July 30, 2021, 09:26:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 31, 2021, 10:47:47 AM
Wot no Betty Blue?

Nah, as fond of the movie as I was I never had the urge, and Vanessa Paradis and Madchen Amick provided all of the lustful thoughts I required.

kngen

Quote from: Dr Trouser on July 31, 2021, 09:22:50 AM
Andy Ruffell doing a bunny hop - from BMX bi weekly

Respect. I think I had one of him doing a one-handed air (or aerial as we called them back then).

Also, some sort of joke about that magazine being ahead of its time in representing fluid sexuality that I can't quite be arsed making work right now.

Cuntbeaks

The Fall, lots of them, of which this was my favourite.

I thought i still had it, but i can't find anywhere.

peanutbutter

None, shared a room with my brother and the posters were all his.

As an adult I haven't a fucking notion how to decorate rooms.

canadagoose

I never had any until I went to university, and then I had a Simpsons poster (all the characters) that hung off the wall awkwardly and kept falling down until I took it down (not enough blu-tack). I used to go to the poster sales the university had and feel really crap afterwards because I could never decide what I wanted and then walk away with nothing.

Edit: But as a younger teenager I'd gladly have had a poster of Danny from McFly but my parents would have taken the piss (and Dad would probably have gone apeshit because AHRHJARGHKDG BLOODY POOOOOF). I had a JPEG in my private folder instead.

Double Edit: I was also partial to Avril Lavigne and Simon Neil from Biffy Clyro.

Famous Mortimer

I started reading 2000AD in 1985, so one of my first loves in that comic was DR and Quinch. I had this wraparound cover on my wall for years (don't worry, I re-bought the comic years later, it's sat on my shelf now).

This survived from 1985 all the way to the end of my university life in 1997. I honestly don't remember anything else I had on my wall as a kid, other than one odd bit of wall I made into a collage of bits I snipped out of Viz, weird stickers, headlines, etc.

Dex Sawash

badaids

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on July 31, 2021, 10:38:11 PM
I started reading 2000AD in 1985, so one of my first loves in that comic was DR and Quinch. I had this wraparound cover on my wall for years (don't worry, I re-bought the comic years later, it's sat on my shelf now).

This survived from 1985 all the way to the end of my university life in 1997. I honestly don't remember anything else I had on my wall as a kid, other than one odd bit of wall I made into a collage of bits I snipped out of Viz, weird stickers, headlines, etc.

I started reading it in 85 too and remember well this prog. I'd like to subscribe to 2000 AD again but it's like 180 quid a year last time I looked.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: badaids on August 01, 2021, 12:21:34 PM
I started reading it in 85 too and remember well this prog. I'd like to subscribe to 2000 AD again but it's like 180 quid a year last time I looked.

I was about a year later but had the prog thanks to a friend of my sister's selling me her huge collection of back issues, and was extremely fond of that one because I liked D.R. & Quinch so much.

Every so often I read a new issue or two of 2000AD hoping to get back in to it, but at best I find myself liking Dredd and one other story, and the rest are a mixture of the mundane and quite terrible. And as much as I respect Pat Mills and used to love his work I find his stories to be particularly weak these days.

Jockice

Quote from: Jockice on July 31, 2021, 07:02:47 AM
a cutting from an early edition of 2000AD of two robots (from what I think was a Star Wars parody strip) doing a Grease dance pose.

Since there are 2000AD fans on here, does anyone know what I'm talking about? I'm not a big sci-fi fan but did buy the comic in the early days. I can sort of picture this particular picture but don't know any more. It was 1978. I did keep the free space spinner from the first edition for a few years even though I had two proper frisbees. One my parents bought me and Steve Doyle's ancient one that I somehow ended up with, even though we'd moved house and I'd changed schools so had lost touch with him.

Neomod

Aged 13 various Smash Hits, Number One, NME and Melody Maker poster/photos of The Selector, Bad Manners, Madness, The Bodysnatchers, The Beat and The Specials.

I bunked into the Worthing Assembly Hall (not rooms) gig. The best band to play Worthing only usurped by R.E.M. playing the Carioca club as Bingo Hand Job years later.

hamfist

I had a huge Kriegsmarine swastika flag. Not trying to be edgy here, I really did and I don't know why. Guess it was my private rebellion, I was never ever a nazi / neo-nazi or even a racist. Below it hung a picture I painted of Mickey Mouse being crucified.

I was a right cunt wasn't I.

Fr.Bigley

wrec

Loads of Smash Hits posters, including several topless Morrissey ones, which was the style at the time. Later a lot of metal ones, and a very marijuana-themed Cypress Hill one had pride of place, probably more out of a rebellious impulse than indicative of listening or smoking habits

Neomod

Quote from: hamfist on August 01, 2021, 05:34:56 PM
I had a huge Kriegsmarine swastika flag. Not trying to be edgy here, I really did and I don't know why. Guess it was my private rebellion, I was never ever a nazi / neo-nazi or even a racist. Below it hung a picture I painted of Mickey Mouse being crucified.

I was a right cunt wasn't I.

or a Lemmy fan.

Fr.Bigley

Quote from: Neomod on August 01, 2021, 08:04:50 PM
or a Lemmy fan.

I met him at a charity do once, surprisingly down to earth and very, very funny.

easytarget

As a small child, I think I remember some Star Wars things and a golden eagle.
As a larger child this:

And probably a few others from Oink! (hog-themed Viz for children)

A poster of this:

Which I think came from the speccy game of the robot man police film

Bit older, \m/ metal stuff, which probably included this flag from Sepultura's Chaos AD record:

Uni - more metal - Wolverine Blues, some unpleasant skeleton based Slayer thing (not Slaytanic Wehrmacht - but adjacent), Wacky Races (nice one showing all the cars and drivers) and, despite this being 1996, neither of the Trainspotting posters which seemed to be issued to all students. I went with this:

Autopsy Turvey

I had a tiny box room as a kid, and two walls were entirely dominated by these chaps:

Fr.Bigley

No doubt influenced the kind of smut you watched also.

Chedney Honks

Sonya from Echobelly

Claudia Schiffer

The Iron Man by Ted Hughes 

Three very different but equally satisfying big wanks.