Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:52:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

strange facts about Noel's House Party

Started by willbo, July 30, 2021, 11:23:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrsWarboysLover

Just in case you guys wanted a cheat sheet I've worked it out. If you don't want spoilers don't read ahead please.

The aardvark and the platypus are both mammals, and Mr. Blobby isn't (the female blobbies, pictured here https://www.mrblobbycollection.com/books?pgid=jq6vhuj8-e27d1332-bf52-4d89-8760-60d6c1dd1f06 have no visible teats)
So the answer is Mr. Blobby on line 1

The second line is kind of tricky - the answer is Mr. Blobby, but they've tried to trick you by having two answers the same in a row. A back scrubbing brush and a sponge make things cleaner, but Mr. Blobby normally makes a frightful mess everywhere he goes!

The third line - banana, pea, Mr. Blobby. Bananas and Mr. Blobby both can have spots, so the answer is pea.

I've got to admit, I said I have all the answers but the last one's stumped me so if anyone can help it'd be much appreciated.

buttgammon

Not sure if you're right on the second one there. My reasoning is that it's the scrubbing brush, because Mr Blobby and the sponge are both living organisms.

The fourth one is really tough, isn't it?

Quote from: MrsWarboysLover on August 11, 2021, 08:13:25 AM
Just in case you guys wanted a cheat sheet I've worked it out. If you don't want spoilers don't read ahead please.

The aardvark and the platypus are both mammals, and Mr. Blobby isn't (the female blobbies, pictured here https://www.mrblobbycollection.com/books?pgid=jq6vhuj8-e27d1332-bf52-4d89-8760-60d6c1dd1f06 have no visible teats)
So the answer is Mr. Blobby on line 1

The second line is kind of tricky - the answer is Mr. Blobby, but they've tried to trick you by having two answers the same in a row. A back scrubbing brush and a sponge make things cleaner, but Mr. Blobby normally makes a frightful mess everywhere he goes!

The third line - banana, pea, Mr. Blobby. Bananas and Mr. Blobby both can have spots, so the answer is pea.

I've got to admit, I said I have all the answers but the last one's stumped me so if anyone can help it'd be much appreciated.

Sterling work, I hadn't got half of these.  With the last one, I was stumped too.  I wondered whether it might be the bike, because both Mr Blobby and the car have four appendages that move (arms/legs and wheels respectively) as opposed to the bike with just the two.  But it seems too simple and anyway Mr Blobby can move his head.

There must be some clue in the way that they are a specific make of car and a tandem, not just a normal bike.  I think it may be a cunning question that requires us to look at the actual words.  I think I have it: both Porsche and tandem contain a common English conjunction.  Mr Blobby doesn't.  So he is the odd one out!

Quote from: buttgammon on August 11, 2021, 09:12:31 AM
Not sure if you're right on the second one there. My reasoning is that it's the scrubbing brush, because Mr Blobby and the sponge are both living organisms.

It might be a nylon sponge though?

The sponge could be the odd one out, because both Mr Blobby and the brush have a head.

buttgammon

Quote from: rectorofstiffkey on August 11, 2021, 09:24:32 AM
It might be a nylon sponge though?

The sponge could be the odd one out, because both Mr Blobby and the brush have a head.

Ooh, never thought about that. I'm now starting to wonder if this is a puzzle with a solution at all and not something made by some pre-Socratic philosopher or other.

Question 4, the answer is the bicycle. Noel Edmonds has owned many Porsches and the rights to Mr. Blobby, but he's never owned a bicycle on account of them being "for kids and poofters".

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

I think the odd one out in alll of them is Mr. Blobby, to be honest.

Norton Canes

kalowski

You dummies. In German both car [der automiche Porche] and tandem bicycle [der biccilanderzweiterhumanichers] are masculine words whist Mr Blobby, in a brilliant bit of comic precision, is actually a neuter word despite being a "Mr". Mr Blobby = Das Herr Blobbüberspaßish.

Its a brilliant little puzzle

Thosworth

Quote from: peteprodge on August 10, 2021, 04:43:31 PM...On a purely comedic basis, I'm not a fan of the way it was done on Noel's shows and many other children's telly efforts...

The issue I have with the single pipe distribution method that a lot of these efforts use is that the gungee is usually off-centre, and once the gunge starts, in direct contrast to the hamming it up as being the recipient of a terrible punishment, they inevitably have to move their head to achieve an adequate gunging. Either that or the stream remains off-centre, producing a visually disappointing <50% ungunged victim.

purlieu

Now we appear to have solved the Blob-One-Out, who feels like trying to get to grips with the fiendish Blob Search.

imitationleather

kalowski

Quote from: purlieu on August 11, 2021, 07:26:31 PM
Now we appear to have solved the Blob-One-Out, who feels like trying to get to grips with the fiendish Blob Search.

I got
Stub
Kolb
Doox
Citz
Bolb
Bomo (that's quite a cheeky one for the dads!)
Juakot

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on August 11, 2021, 10:15:16 AM
Question 4, the answer is the bicycle. Noel Edmonds has owned many Porsches and the rights to Mr. Blobby, but he's never owned a bicycle on account of them being "for kids and poofters".

What about when he'd got a new Raleigh in that 1979 advert?

Video Game Fan 2000

Video Game Fan 2000

Imagine if your fucking optician showed you that.

Video Game Fan 2000

POV : you're a proofreader for Zero Books.

Mr Banlon

Quote from: Phoenix Lazarus on August 11, 2021, 08:03:44 PM
Because he's a grifter who likes choppers.

chocolate teapot

I read the entire Mr Blobby joke book last night https://www.mrblobbycollection.com/books?pgid=jq6vhuj8-baf8216d-54fb-4147-8c90-a8bef669843c

The jokes were sent to the Radio Times. At the back it has a list of names and location of the prizewinners, the prize being your joke was included in the book, no mention of any additional prize, anyway I found someone from where I'm from! It's rare this town is mentioned in anything prestigious, I did something stupid and found and messaged this prize winner on Facebook saying "Hey do you know you're in Mr Blobby's Joke Book?" I was more polite than that but don't know what I was thinking, I had just read all the Mr Blobby books so was overcome with some sort of Blobbymania. This man I messaged is in his fifties and a respected Sea Captain. He hasn't replied yet.

Uncle TechTip

I think the book is perfectly in keeping with the idea behind Mr Blobby in general, a kind of anti-character, deliberately conceived to trick people and get everything wrong.

Norton Canes

Quote from: purlieu on August 11, 2021, 07:26:31 PM

Even the page number is taking the piss.

mippy

Quote from: Video Game Fan 2000 on August 11, 2021, 08:08:20 PM
Why is this so funny.

The first line. Why wasn't that my username?

I did an actual lol when I first saw it.

poodlefaker

Still surprised by St John Peel's involvement in the horrific death crash sequence - was he a regular contributor to the show?

PlanktonSideburns

Uncle TechTip

Quote from: poodlefaker on August 11, 2021, 09:36:24 PM
Still surprised by St John Peel's involvement in the horrific death crash sequence - was he a regular contributor to the show?

Yes he did a few of the outside broadcasts - a role taken up by Mike Smith in the later series culminating in you know what.

Norton Canes

I think he also did a weekly review type segment in the studio.

Quote from: Phoenix Lazarus on August 11, 2021, 08:03:44 PM

He handed it straight back, as he would any other prop.

Whether it be a Raleigh bike used in an ad, the presents he'd hand out to sick children, the funny newspapers he'd hold up on House Party or Neil Morrissey, these objects mean nothing to Noel.

notjosh

Both Mr Blobby and the sponge are lying on their backs, whereas the 'back scrubbing brush', ironically, is lying on its front.