Author Topic: strange facts about Noel's House Party  (Read 19209 times)

notjosh

• Golden Member
Re: strange facts about Noel's House Party
« Reply #240 on: August 15, 2021, 11:39:57 AM »

Glebe

• Do you like our owl threads?
« Reply #241 on: August 15, 2021, 02:39:44 PM »
Turns out there's a Cannon & Ball fan site appropriately titled Comedy Kings! Some images from their Gotcha here and here!

Gotchas on VHS!

Last but not least, an image of Noel leaning on a sundial as he introduces the now-legendary C&B Gotcha!

« Reply #242 on: August 15, 2021, 06:04:14 PM »
The look and feel of those straight to video efforts is unique to that medium isn't it? Even the sound has its own very particular essence.

Gurke and Hare

• Fold water. Roll into small cubes.
« Reply #243 on: August 16, 2021, 12:05:09 AM »
The look and feel of those straight to video efforts is unique to that medium isn't it? Even the sound has its own very particular essence.

It's the VCI seal of quality.

I've got (or had) a VHS of "100 Great Scottish Goals from [some season in the 80s]". Some of them are penalties.

« Reply #244 on: August 16, 2021, 08:31:22 AM »
Classic picture of DLT when-he-looked-a-bit-different, up there.

gilbertharding

• Lipsmackin' thirstquenchin' acetastin' motivatin'
« Reply #245 on: August 16, 2021, 09:31:41 AM »

The cover 'art' and blurb... I'm no-one's favourite uncle, but I can still imagine the face I would be expected to put on as I unwrap that on xmas day 1996. "Oh! That's brilliant! We'll have to watch that later... oh, maybe tomorrow then..."

To save anyone else googling, Malandra Burrows was in Emmerdale and Sean Blowers was in London's Burning. I don't know why their respective Gotchas will "NEVER EVER" be shown on TV though. Too hot?

gilbertharding

• Lipsmackin' thirstquenchin' acetastin' motivatin'
« Reply #246 on: August 16, 2021, 09:35:27 AM »
Anyone remember this? I mean, it was only three years ago, but still...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/proginfo/2018/34/eight-go-rallying-the-road-to-saigon

Noel and Liz experience the spiritual east in a Buddhist temple and by the third day are going out of their way to raise the other teams' spirits.

« Reply #247 on: August 16, 2021, 01:59:29 PM »
Quote from: gilbertharding

To save anyone else googling, Malandra Burrows was in Emmerdale and Sean Blowers was in London's Burning. I don't know why their respective Gotchas will "NEVER EVER" be shown on TV though. Too hot?

The Sean Blowers definitely aired, as it was in one of my re-edits, so I had to see it about a dozen times. He's recording a Frankenstein audio play while things keep GOING WRONG!!! Don't remember anyone getting their cock out though.

Glebe

« Reply #248 on: August 16, 2021, 05:15:44 PM »
A thread what I done last year.

Pity there's no footage. There is some Golden Egg Award stuff on YT, but skimming over it, doesn't appear to be anything particularly interesting, thought it's worth mentioning the featuring of this Syd & Eddie outtake which has been posted here before.

Lyndurst and Barrymore do 'My Generation'.

Flipping heck.

Jerzy Bondov

• best not bother
    • righto so ive got five minutes off work and uh yeah im gonna have a cheeky volvic
« Reply #249 on: August 17, 2021, 08:05:45 PM »
The Sean Blowers definitely aired, as it was in one of my re-edits, so I had to see it about a dozen times. He's recording a Frankenstein audio play while things keep GOING WRONG!!! Don't remember anyone getting their cock out though.
But the back of the VHS says he got stranded in a petrol station. Did Noel manage to Gotcha him twice?!

« Reply #250 on: August 17, 2021, 08:11:52 PM »

Lyndurst and Barrymore do 'My Generation'.

Flipping heck.

This is really terrible.
But who is the band you get to see for a tenth of a second at the end of the clip?  It looks like it could be 9 Below Zero.

« Reply #251 on: August 17, 2021, 08:12:33 PM »
Maybe the BBC wouldn't air anything involving a "fake policeman"

Mr Banlon

• If you're gonna go nog, you gotta go Mingus
« Reply #252 on: August 17, 2021, 08:27:55 PM »
This is really terrible.
But who is the band you get to see for a tenth of a second at the end of the clip?  It looks like it could be 9 Below Zero.
Nine Below Zero or The Truth I reckon

Mr Banlon

• If you're gonna go nog, you gotta go Mingus
« Reply #253 on: August 17, 2021, 08:30:36 PM »

« Reply #254 on: August 17, 2021, 08:49:44 PM »
Yeah, The Truth https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIVRBtrFByU

Thanks for that.  I was certain it was Richard Parfitt, but I could see the headstock of a 3rd guitar or bass player on the left which was confusing me.  Didn't know of The Truth so I've learned a ting too.

« Reply #255 on: August 17, 2021, 09:47:43 PM »
Anyone remember this? I mean, it was only three years ago, but still...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/proginfo/2018/34/eight-go-rallying-the-road-to-saigon

Yeah - it was quite bizarre. I think I gave up after the first episode as half of the teams had wrecked vehicles and needed to be bussed around instead. Noel was incredibly competitive about the whole thing, IIRC.

Would like to see him in in one of the line-ups of Pilgrimage.

« Reply #256 on: September 03, 2021, 07:12:50 AM »
'A Loveable Anarchist': The Oral History of Mr Blobby https://www.vice.com/en/article/qj85mq/mr-blobby-oral-history-television

Glebe

« Reply #257 on: September 08, 2021, 12:59:23 AM »
Saturday Morning Archaeology: Multi-Coloured Swap Shop.

Cracking stuff.

"John Craven's there too, dressed like someone from a 1950's show about moon people."

"Oh no, live TV's goin' all wrong!"

"Keith Chegwin's in Blackpool, to swap things."

"I think if you're not getting fair deals, they should be called 'unfair' grounds."

The Thurrock Drum and Trumpet Core, heh. Great scary nostalgia montage!

That's some Paddington collection. I'd forgotten about them little Paddington figures.

'kin 'ell, that nazi memorabilia kid's gorn full Lemmy.

Norton Canes

• Pick up the pace with your cracked-out face
« Reply #258 on: September 08, 2021, 10:15:08 AM »
"Beanotown Clockwork Orange"

Lost it at Windsor Davies's reaction to meeting Noel

Tags: