Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 11:39:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

strange facts about Noel's House Party

Started by willbo, July 30, 2021, 11:23:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glebe

Turns out there's a Cannon & Ball fan site appropriately titled Comedy Kings! Some images from their Gotcha here and here!

Gotchas on VHS!

Last but not least, an image of Noel leaning on a sundial as he introduces the now-legendary C&B Gotcha!

jamiefairlie

The look and feel of those straight to video efforts is unique to that medium isn't it? Even the sound has its own very particular essence.

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: jamiefairlie on August 15, 2021, 06:04:14 PM
The look and feel of those straight to video efforts is unique to that medium isn't it? Even the sound has its own very particular essence.

It's the VCI seal of quality.

I've got (or had) a VHS of "100 Great Scottish Goals from [some season in the 80s]". Some of them are penalties.

poodlefaker

Classic picture of DLT when-he-looked-a-bit-different, up there.

gilbertharding

Quote from: jamiefairlie on August 15, 2021, 06:04:14 PM

The cover 'art' and blurb... I'm no-one's favourite uncle, but I can still imagine the face I would be expected to put on as I unwrap that on xmas day 1996. "Oh! That's brilliant! We'll have to watch that later... oh, maybe tomorrow then..."

To save anyone else googling, Malandra Burrows was in Emmerdale and Sean Blowers was in London's Burning. I don't know why their respective Gotchas will "NEVER EVER" be shown on TV though. Too hot?

gilbertharding

Anyone remember this? I mean, it was only three years ago, but still...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/proginfo/2018/34/eight-go-rallying-the-road-to-saigon

QuoteNoel and Liz experience the spiritual east in a Buddhist temple and by the third day are going out of their way to raise the other teams' spirits.

franticplanet

Quote from: gilbertharding

To save anyone else googling, Malandra Burrows was in Emmerdale and Sean Blowers was in London's Burning. I don't know why their respective Gotchas will "NEVER EVER" be shown on TV though. Too hot?

The Sean Blowers definitely aired, as it was in one of my re-edits, so I had to see it about a dozen times. He's recording a Frankenstein audio play while things keep GOING WRONG!!! Don't remember anyone getting their cock out though.

Glebe

A thread what I done last year.

Pity there's no footage. There is some Golden Egg Award stuff on YT, but skimming over it, doesn't appear to be anything particularly interesting, thought it's worth mentioning the featuring of this Syd & Eddie outtake which has been posted here before.

Lyndurst and Barrymore do 'My Generation'.

Flipping heck.

Jerzy Bondov

Quote from: spam on August 16, 2021, 01:59:29 PM
The Sean Blowers definitely aired, as it was in one of my re-edits, so I had to see it about a dozen times. He's recording a Frankenstein audio play while things keep GOING WRONG!!! Don't remember anyone getting their cock out though.
But the back of the VHS says he got stranded in a petrol station. Did Noel manage to Gotcha him twice?!

badaids

Quote from: Glebe on August 16, 2021, 05:15:44 PM

Lyndurst and Barrymore do 'My Generation'.

Flipping heck.

This is really terrible.
But who is the band you get to see for a tenth of a second at the end of the clip?  It looks like it could be 9 Below Zero.

Video Game Fan 2000

Maybe the BBC wouldn't air anything involving a "fake policeman"

Mr Banlon

Quote from: badaids on August 17, 2021, 08:11:52 PM
This is really terrible.
But who is the band you get to see for a tenth of a second at the end of the clip?  It looks like it could be 9 Below Zero.
Nine Below Zero or The Truth I reckon

Mr Banlon

badaids

Quote from: Mr Banlon on August 17, 2021, 08:30:36 PM
Yeah, The Truth https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIVRBtrFByU

Thanks for that.  I was certain it was Richard Parfitt, but I could see the headstock of a 3rd guitar or bass player on the left which was confusing me.  Didn't know of The Truth so I've learned a ting too.

Ignatius_S

Quote from: gilbertharding on August 16, 2021, 09:35:27 AM
Anyone remember this? I mean, it was only three years ago, but still...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/proginfo/2018/34/eight-go-rallying-the-road-to-saigon

Yeah - it was quite bizarre. I think I gave up after the first episode as half of the teams had wrecked vehicles and needed to be bussed around instead. Noel was incredibly competitive about the whole thing, IIRC.

Would like to see him in in one of the line-ups of Pilgrimage.

Glebe

Saturday Morning Archaeology: Multi-Coloured Swap Shop.

Cracking stuff.

"John Craven's there too, dressed like someone from a 1950's show about moon people."

"Oh no, live TV's goin' all wrong!"

"Keith Chegwin's in Blackpool, to swap things."

"I think if you're not getting fair deals, they should be called 'unfair' grounds."

The Thurrock Drum and Trumpet Core, heh. Great scary nostalgia montage!

That's some Paddington collection. I'd forgotten about them little Paddington figures.

'kin 'ell, that nazi memorabilia kid's gorn full Lemmy.

Norton Canes

"Beanotown Clockwork Orange"

Lost it at Windsor Davies's reaction to meeting Noel

Glebe

These latest vids helped me through a sleepless Saturday night:

The Great British Beauty Contest.

Prime Time Purgatory: You Bet.

Fantastic stuff. The second woman who comes out after the lady who's favourite programme is Mork & Mindy is actually dressed like Mork with her red trousers and white boots!

"She'd like to be happy!"

I'd completely forgotten about You Bet!, but then I don't remember ever watching it back in the day... "anime Sherlock Holmes, John McCririck," heh!

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: Glebe on November 07, 2021, 06:43:14 PM
I'd completely forgotten about You Bet!, but then I don't remember ever watching it back in the day... "anime Sherlock Holmes, John McCririck," heh!

Not only do I remember it, but I can remember every word of Brucie's rap.  I've also seen the German version, which lasts about 3 hours.

Glebe

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on November 07, 2021, 11:36:00 PMNot only do I remember it, but I can remember every word of Brucie's rap.  I've also seen the German version, which lasts about 3 hours.

Is that the original version shown in the video? Because they must have pulled some strings to get Spielberg and Hanks on it.

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: Glebe on November 08, 2021, 02:00:03 AM
Is that the original version shown in the video? Because they must have pulled some strings to get Spielberg and Hanks on it.

I didn't watch the video, but from memory it's...

Brucie: If you wanna bet on it
Audience shouts: You bet!
Brucie: They you'd better get on it
Brucie: Then don't fret, get set, you ready, you bet! (audience joins in with the You bet part).
Brucie: *does a little soft shoe shuffle*

Captain Z

I thought I had vivid memories of Jeremy Beadle hosting You Bet! for a while, but after looking up his TV appearances I'm probably thinking about "Beadle's Daredevils". The episode I remember was building up to a final stunt that involved a unicyclist traversing a high wire several meters above the studio floor - "with NO safety devices". This fact was mentioned by Beadle several times during the episode. Anyway, come the finale, there is a giant net stretched beneath the length of wire. Both my dad and I were faux-incredulous at this, obviously in direct contradiction to Beadle's promise. During the performance the bloke flipped off the cycle, which fell onto the net, landed with his feet on the wire and continued the performance. At the end, Beadle goes "now you see what the net was for: the bike". But... if he'd fallen, the net would have caught the bloke as well, so hardly NO safety devices at all was it Beadle? Eh? Eh!?

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on November 08, 2021, 11:49:01 AM
I didn't watch the video, but from memory it's...

Brucie: If you wanna bet on it
Brucie: They you'd better get on it
Brucie: Then don't fret, get set, you ready, you bet! (audience joins in with the You bet part).
Brucie: *does a little soft shoe shuffle*

The Who consider rewrite.

Glebe

Quote from: Tony Yeboah on November 08, 2021, 12:56:37 PMBeadle: The Thinking Man's Edmonds.

Jeremy starts spinning rapidly in his grave.

Glebe

Glebe

That's not Blobby suit in that black bag. This is now a murder inquiry!