Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 04:15:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

(in)decent employers

Started by pancreas, July 31, 2021, 10:52:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chveik

i bet pancreas is a regular greggs customer

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on July 31, 2021, 03:25:16 PM

Much as it pains me to say it because I hate them, but aren't Apple reasonably good employers? (ignoring the probability of child slave labour in China of course...)

Seems like some people investigating pay gaps appear to be not happy.

https://twitter.com/ZoeSchiffer/status/1423042552349958146

https://twitter.com/timnitGebru/status/1423049601058316290

(although in fairness if some colleagues sent me a 'survey' to ask me these questions I'd likely ignore it)

buzby

Quote from: Kankurette on August 04, 2021, 09:57:01 PM
What happened to Sayers? I used to pop in there for a pasty when I worked in an Oxfam shop, it was on the row below. Did it get assimilated by Greggs?
It was owned by United Biscuits, but got sold to Warburtons in 1990. Warburtons also bought Sayers Lancashire-based sister company Hampsons and a load of other small Lancashire-based bakers. They then sold the lot to Lyndale Foods in 1996.
<rustles though archive folder>
Ah, here we go...
Quote from: buzby on July 30, 2018, 01:39:50 PM
Lyndale Foods ruined Sayers when they bought it off Warburtons, moved most of the production to Hampson's Bolton bakery, closed the bakeries in Liverpool and then purposely drove the company into bankruptcy to avoid paying their debts and the employees' redundancy pay and pensions. The scumbag owners of Lyndale then bought the Hampsons bakery and Sayers brand back from the receivers and are steadily converting the remaining Sayers shops to Pound Bakery.