Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:52:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Sound Of Noise (2010, Unusual Swedish Music Filled Film)

Started by Small Man Big Horse, July 31, 2021, 05:00:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Small Man Big Horse

A group of drummers decide they're sick of saccharine, shite music and so head out in to the city to perform a specially written and quite unique piece, often in situations which lead to them breaking the law and using every day items as instruments. Investigating the crime is a policeman who is losing aspects of hearing, and whose brother is a famous conductor, and well, I won't say anything further for spoiler reasons but it's an unusual yet fascinating work, often sonically stunning, with a dry, odd sense of humour and some intriguing ideas about the nature of music and sound. A couple of aspects prevent it from being one of my favourite ever movies but it is an extremely memorable work and I loved the soundtrack to pieces. 8.5/10

Some musicians, yesterday.

Chriddof

QuoteThe group begins by playing in a surgery room using a notable TV reporter who has been admitted to the hospital for hemorrhoid surgery.[3] Their next piece is set in a bank where they ostensibly hold up the staff and customers. They then feed banknotes into the shredding machine for a distorted bass sound. The next piece uses bulldozers thumping the ground at the fountain in front of an opera house. For the crescendo, they strike the fountain knocking it to the ground. The last piece involves them hanging from high tension power cables and playing the suspended cables like violins.

Hanatarash: The Movie?

kngen

Thought this sounded like an awfully familiar concept. Turns out it's the same people that did this hugely entertaining short film: Music for One Apartment and Six Drummers

Intrigued to see how they make a whole movie out of it. Thanks for the tip off.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: kngen on July 31, 2021, 10:23:00 PM
Thought this sounded like an awfully familiar concept. Turns out it's the same people that did this hugely entertaining short film: Music for One Apartment and Six Drummers

Intrigued to see how they make a whole movie out of it. Thanks for the tip off.

I wasn't aware of the short but watched it afterwards and while it's a lot of fun the film takes it the idea in to a very different place, but if you liked the short I'm all but certain you'll enjoy the film a lot.

kngen

And it's free on Plex. That's my Saturday night sorted. Cheers!

zomgmouse

I watched the short and feature last year and really loved them both. If anyone's planning on watching it I recommend the short first as it provides a very simple base for the concept which is then expanded exponentially in the feature. Really inventive and joyful stuff.