Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 11:45:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Bargains

Started by bgmnts, August 01, 2021, 11:59:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

If anyone is on xbox and is interested, there is an Arkane 25th anniversary collection which includes:

Dishonoured
Dishonoured 2
Dishonoured 2 Death of the Outsider
Prey

All for 24 quid. That's absolutely incredible in my opinion so def get on that if you can.

Pink Gregory

Please, if you've never experienced Arkane's games before, get on it.  Not much narrative wise to talk about but they properly are the successors to the Looking Glass/Ion Storm games - if a little simplified

Neko Navy is half price - https://store.steampowered.com/app/592270/Neko_Navy/

Shoot the baddies, collect the blue things to charge your bomb, bomb to turn bullets into yellow cubes, make number go bigger. It's brilliant fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oK8Jeer48g

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: bgmnts on August 01, 2021, 11:59:46 AM
If anyone is on xbox and is interested, there is an Arkane 25th anniversary collection which includes:

Dishonoured
Dishonoured 2
Dishonoured 2 Death of the Outsider
Prey

All for 24 quid. That's absolutely incredible in my opinion so def get on that if you can.
That is indeed an absolute steal (and, unfortunately, not included in the current PlayStation store sale). I've not played Prey (although I've read all about it, courtesy of Blue Jam) but the Dish-on-your-head series is fantastic. I've heard they seem a bit lame if you've played the original Thief games... So don't do that.

All those games are less than a decade old though. What were Arkane doing for the previous 15 years?

Zetetic

Pink Gregory

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on August 01, 2021, 05:29:35 PM
All those games are less than a decade old though. What were Arkane doing for the previous 15 years?

Dungeon crawler and homage to Ultima Underworld Arx Fatalis, and physics-y first person RPG Dark Messiah of Might and Magic; not sure where the main personnel were before that.