Author Topic: Deathloop  (Read 3144 times)

Re: Deathloop
« Reply #60 on: September 27, 2021, 03:58:08 PM »
Shirley the most apt comparison is with Zelda: Majora's Mask?

« Reply #61 on: September 27, 2021, 05:10:20 PM »
Shirley the most apt comparison is with Zelda: Majora's Mask?

A little bit, but the big difference is time in Deathloop isn't continuously ticking away, it's broken down into 4 areas, and 4 times of day, but each combination represents a sort of fixed status. So, for example, "Area A, Evening" might have an open door that isn't there in the morning, but there isn't a point in time where someone comes to open the door, the status is basically fixed until you leave the area and advance to the next block of time. So following routines is less a matter of "I have to be here at 3:15 and catch this guy as we he walks across a bridge" and more like "I need to make this choice in Area B, Noon to affect to layout of Area D, Evening."

« Reply #62 on: September 28, 2021, 09:52:55 AM »
Hmmm I've not really been able to play much of it but there is definitely a way of decompressing the whole lab in the complex that will kill everyone in it.  I think there might be some issues depending on which order you go about things as I think you can miss information that you need to do different things at different times/places it is a bit disappointing but I'm not sure you can poison people I don't know though not got to far.

Thing I would say is just remember you might have killed two visionaries but they are not dead; they are still alive as soon as the next loop starts so killing a boss isn't like killing a boss in a normal game, which is what I was saying about these criticisms of it being linear not making sense.

Thanks for your reply! I think that, at first, I didn't really get what the game was asking from me and tried to play it too much as a Dishonored game. Played for a few more hours and are more into it now. Things are starting to make more sense. Really enjoying it so far.

« Reply #63 on: September 30, 2021, 07:20:34 AM »
Finished it. At a certain point it all makes sense and then you just have to follow the dots to get to the end.

Great game. Didn't enjoy it as much as Dishonored (one of my favorite Arkane series) but definitely better than Prey. Great use of the haptic feedback.

Going to replay some stages the next couple of days. Lots of side quests still to find I think!

Blue Jam

• (I may have you on ignore)
« Reply #64 on: September 30, 2021, 09:17:35 AM »
This anything like Prey: Mooncrash then?

have you tried Prey?

I don't think Chedney is a fan

TrenterPercenter

• Rock the CABLADs
« Reply #65 on: October 01, 2021, 12:34:17 PM »
Finished it. At a certain point it all makes sense and then you just have to follow the dots to get to the end.

Great game. Didn't enjoy it as much as Dishonored (one of my favorite Arkane series) but definitely better than Prey. Great use of the haptic feedback.

Going to replay some stages the next couple of days. Lots of side quests still to find I think!

Cool hopefully I might get sometime on the weekend to play it a bit - I'm currently 5% completed (it says)

« Reply #66 on: October 01, 2021, 12:39:46 PM »
Update: I really enjoyed Deathloop, but unfortunately I didn't really get the whole timeloop elements of the game, because I finished it first go.

TrenterPercenter

• Rock the CABLADs
« Reply #67 on: October 01, 2021, 12:42:07 PM »
This anything like Prey: Mooncrash then?

I've not played that and I didn't even know it existed so thanks might have a go on it as I really enjoyed Prey.   Sometimes games just hit me at the right time in life; I'm struggling to get to play Deathloop for any long period which I think is what you need to do to really get into it. Prey funnily was like this for in the cold isolated feel to it all a love a game I can switch of the lights and pretend I'm a space cowboy or whatever pew! pew!

It's a bit like Prey I'd say but more silly and anarchic there isn't the sense of oppression about anything it's just really good fun but I do think there could have been more elements of Dishonoured brought in but I suspect this might be the first part of the IP with more to come.

TrenterPercenter

• Rock the CABLADs
« Reply #68 on: October 01, 2021, 12:42:33 PM »
Update: I really enjoyed Deathloop, but unfortunately I didn't really get the whole timeloop elements of the game, because I finished it first go.

There he is.

« Reply #69 on: October 01, 2021, 12:57:59 PM »
Hahaha, alright, I'll let you have that one :D

Blue Jam

• (I may have you on ignore)
« Reply #70 on: October 02, 2021, 12:44:10 PM »
I've not played that and I didn't even know it existed so thanks might have a go on it as I really enjoyed Prey.

Mooncrash is set in the same universe as Prey, with the same mechanics, but it's a very different game. In Mooncrash you have to get five people off the Pytheas moonbase in one go, and the fun comes from dying repeatedly as you figure out the various escape routes, which ones are open to each of the five characters, and the correct order. It sounds like Deathloop isn't that far removed from all that.

As much as I love Prey I think I enjoyed Mooncrash even more, although it doesn't have the same replay value as the base game. I doubt I'll do another playthough, or at least not for a good few years.

« Reply #71 on: October 03, 2021, 09:06:10 AM »
Mooncrash is set in the same universe as Prey, with the same mechanics, but it's a very different game. In Mooncrash you have to get five people off the Pytheas moonbase in one go, and the fun comes from dying repeatedly as you figure out the various escape routes, which ones are open to each of the five characters, and the correct order. It sounds like Deathloop isn't that far removed from all that.

As much as I love Prey I think I enjoyed Mooncrash even more, although it doesn't have the same replay value as the base game. I doubt I'll do another playthough, or at least not for a good few years.

That definitely sounds like Deathloop. I think you will really enjoy Deathloop too.

Tags: