Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:31:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Grange Hill Deleted Scenes

Started by Fambo Number Mive, August 03, 2021, 08:52:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

Gonch takes a runny shit all down the wallbars (4:24 mins). Cut due to shit looking unrealistic.

Series 5, episode 4, the sausage in the intro is replaced with a big black willy as part of a BBC drive to make its children's programming more inclusive. Scrapped after a focus group declares that whilst it enjoyed the willy, it wasn't too keen on it being pierced with a fork and going "BANG!"

Glebe

TUCKER: Fack me, Zammo's wasted in there!

RO-LAND: Just let me finish my banana and crisp and I'll take a look.

jobotic

It's pronounced Rolund not fucking Roe-Land you stupid cow. Now fuck off I'm DJing.

kalowski

Gripper tries to grip someone but his grip is too weak.
They employed a stunt gripper after that.

non capisco

Remember that Greek kid who kept falling asleep in class in one of the early series because his dad was keeping him up late doing all the invoices for his restaurant, there's a deleted scene where they show what he's dreaming about and it's Justin Bennett in his P.E kit hovering high above the school in a crucifixion pose, little nubbin poking out over the top of his shorts and weeing blood. You hear Tucker saying "Woss he doing that for?" then Tricia Yates wakes the Greek kid up.

I can see why they didn't end up using it but the special effects were remarkable for the time.

Mr Banlon

One of Tony Karamanopolis's dreams about growing up to be a street tough in Minder : https://youtu.be/kysIv73OdCg?t=68

non capisco

Tony Karamanopolis! That was his name!

They spent less on depicting his dreams in the later deleted scenes.

Glebe

MRS. MCCLUSKEY: I hear you lot have been 'chasing the dragon' as you call it.

ZAMMO: 'kin 'ell.

jamiefairlie

The missing scene that pushed Zammo over the edge, he walks into the room and Banksie is taking Jackie up the arse while Roland watches, they all look up and stare straight into Zammo's eyes and just smile with pure contempt.

Fambo Number Mive

Mr Smart makes H3 do press ups for the entire lesson, the first one to stop will have to wipe all the sweat off the floor at the end of the day.

shiftwork2

The death of Danny Kendal was originally marked with Yakkety Sax over the end credits in place of the famous silence.

shiftwork2

When Tricia Yates let the school giraffe out by mistake and had to replace it with one from the pet shop.

kalowski

I still think they should have gone with the assassination of Mr Bronson (by samurai sword, no less) but Redmond bottled it

Fambo Number Mive

A whole hour of Trev's witless quips when he decided to enter a comedy night. Came last. We see close ups of the bored audience and a sweating Trev fiddling with the mic stand.

Fambo Number Mive

Ziggy and Tegs create a wordsearch for the school magazine. Cut for being really boring.

Glebe

DARTH VADER: You have failed me for the last time, Mr. Bronson.

MICHAEL SHEARD: Mate, wrong universe.

Replies From View

DANNY KENDALL:  right just pop in here.... [climbs into Mr Branson's car] and.... [we witness the entire process of him killing himself]

kalowski

You might disagree, but I'm glad they didn't continue with the whole infinity stones and Trevor Cleaver storyline.

Replies From View

Mr Farenheit

The infamous 'exam trilogy'
Three full episodes worth of a maths exam in real time.

Mr Farenheit

Roland singing 'Nature Boy' a capella.

Fambo Number Mive

Mr Mc Guffy does a bit guff in the staff room causing the other teachers to faint
Mr Smart pulls his moustache up to cover his nose while Mr Baxter wafts the guff away with his tracksuit top.

Replies From View

Quote from: Replies From View on August 05, 2021, 10:46:22 AM

I was expecting this to be greeted with recognition.  It's a fairly famous deleted scene as it was showcased in the BBC Christmas Tapes for that year.  Danny Kendall retreats to his bedroom and there is an entire montage of him scribbling together ideas for the new Grange Hill logo.  It's very good - very reminiscent of every time Peter Parker starts conceptualising his costume.

kalowski

I have a copy of the notorious all-musical episode. Years before Buffy, this was an absolute classic, apart from the one issue: budgetary limitations meant all singing was live. Whilst Gonch wasn't bad with his version of "If I Had a Hammer" and Ziggy Greaves did a passable rendition of "It Ain't What You Do, It's The Way That You Do It" it was that ill-advised version of "Mama Said Knock You Out" by Roland Browning (complete with blackface and Kangol hat) that resulted in it being shelved.
Still worth it for  "Mauler" McCaul in full drag singing "I Am What I Am". In later, broadcast, episodes, if you listen carefully you hear characters call him  "Gloria" McCaul, and it's down to this lesser known moment.

shiftwork2

Quote from: Replies From View on August 05, 2021, 09:08:44 PM
I was expecting this to be greeted with recognition.  It's a fairly famous deleted scene as it was showcased in the BBC Christmas Tapes for that year.  Danny Kendall retreats to his bedroom and there is an entire montage of him scribbling together ideas for the new Grange Hill logo.  It's very good - very reminiscent of every time Peter Parker starts conceptualising his costume.

yeah well Danny Kendall's actually dead so what do you think about that?  This is clearly a confection.

Replies From View

Quote from: shiftwork2 on August 05, 2021, 10:35:11 PM
yeah well Danny Kendall's actually dead so what do you think about that?  This is clearly a confection.

People do things before they die, clever clogs.  It is how life works

non capisco

Bullet Baxter admitting his twin brother is Pete Townshend.

TUCKER: 'Oo?
BAXTER: The 'Oo, Jenkins. You've heard of them, haven't you?
TUCKER: (wearily) Yes, sir.
BAXTER: (smugly) Yes, sir.
BENNY: Justin Bennett is outside floating high above the school in a crucifixion pose weeing blood, sir.
BAXTER: Oh Christ, not again.

Glebe

Quote from: jobotic on August 03, 2021, 10:30:01 PMIt's pronounced Rolund not fucking Roe-Land you stupid cow. Now fuck off I'm DJing.

Replies From View

In the transmitted series, Roland disappeared without a trace and was never mentioned again.

A deleted scene explains it.  After school one Friday, he was tricked by feeders into exploding behind the bike shed.