Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 02:32:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Grandfather Mr Urwin off Muckle Flugga

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, August 04, 2021, 06:51:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Calf

chveik

Chedney Honks

If Mother Nature didn't intend for man to put a big one way barbed iron hook through a fish's cheek, lips or throat and yank it out of its natural habitat in breathless terror just for a photograph, she wouldn't have made its skin so soft.

buttgammon

SpiderChrist

LOOK AT THIS BEAUTIFUL MAGNIFICENT CREATURE (WHAT I HAVE KILLED FOR NO OTHER REASON THAN MY OWN GRATIFICATION).

Fambo Number Mive

I assume they plan to eat the cod (not saying that that's any better)

I see Generous has brought his pals to see the massive cod being caught.

Icehaven

QuoteHe said: "I did not rush it, just took my time, it was about half an hour. I have arthritis in my shoulder and had pins and needles - my arm was dropping off.

Maybe time to find a different hobby.

Chedney Honks

Now get a big wooden one carved by some fella for about a grand and have it mounted over your deathbed.

I'LL BE SEEIN YE LADDIE

pancreas

JamesTC

Inspector Norse

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on August 04, 2021, 06:51:31 AM

Steady on seagulls lads, there's more than enough World's Biggest Ever Cod for everyone to get a helping

Icehaven

steve98

Quote from: Inspector Norse on August 04, 2021, 02:46:48 PM
Steady on seagulls lads, there's more than enough World's Biggest Ever Cod for everyone to get a helping

I think not. It's not even the UK's biggest (Not by a long shot.) It may be Muckle Flugga's, and Scotland's biggest. Big deal, whoopee. (I've found crabs bigger than that, on mah pubes)

Jittlebags

He (the bloke, not the fish) looks like a cross between Terry Jones and Jeremy Clarkson.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on August 04, 2021, 08:52:50 AM
I assume they plan to eat the cod (not saying that that's any better)

I see Generous has brought his pals to see the massive cod being caught.

Wouldnt a massive ainchent bastard line this taste like shit?

idunnosomename

Shut your flugging face Muckle Flugga
You're the one that flugged your muckle Muckle Flugga

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on August 05, 2021, 09:01:56 AM
Wouldnt a massive ainchent bastard line this taste like shit?

Unlikely.  Besides, it's impossible to tell from that pic how old the fish is.  Big doesn't necessarily mean old.

And, as steve98 mentioned above, it's not a particularly enormous size in general (although it is BIG, and I can confirm his crabs are monstrous), just massive for that area.

Butchers Blind

I hope the cod led a full and happy life.

steve98

Findus claim all their boil-in-a-bag fish, with parsley or butter sauce lead (led) "... happy, fulfilling lives."

steve98

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on August 05, 2021, 11:07:52 AM
Unlikely.  Besides, it's impossible to tell from that pic how old the fish is.  Big doesn't necessarily mean old.

And, as steve98 mentioned above, it's not a particularly enormous size in general (although it is BIG, and I can confirm his crabs are monstrous), just massive for that area.

Turns out my genital lice really were crabs, haha (I can laugh now)

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: steve98 on August 05, 2021, 11:46:27 AM

They taste wonderful though.  Bit of a swamp crotch aftertaste, but y'know - nice.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: steve98 on August 05, 2021, 11:46:27 AM

Latest Dune  still images not encouraging

steve98

Joking aside. My uncle Dave(pic) - a nuclear technician genius, at 3-mile island -  pioneered the use of spider-crabs for the handling of hazardous nuclear materials (long before haz-mat suits and mechanical arms were invented.)

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Fambo Number Mive

Orange is the favourite colour of fish, especially bright orange.

Shit Good Nose

Never had one that big (fnarr, etc), but spider crabs are delish.