Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:51:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

What is the maximum umbrage you think you could muster?

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, August 05, 2021, 11:45:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

And in what situation?

For example, if I was at a bus stop and clearly signalled to the driver I wished to get on, and instead of pulling over, it just drove past me, I think I would be capable of taking labyrinthine umbrage.

Volleys of correspondence would be exchanged at the bus company, all manner of slurs and threats. It would be useful, if not essential to find out the driver's home address. Those in orbit would be roped into hearing about my plight and remedying my injustice.

Umbrage.

steve98

I feel some umbrage toward the doctor who, a year ago, said I probably had gout, but which a different doctor yesterday said was most likely - pending tests - peripheral vascular disease. Silly cow.

Endicott

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on August 05, 2021, 11:45:39 AM
For example, if I was at a bus stop and clearly signalled to the driver I wished to get on, and instead of pulling over, it just drove past me, I think I would be capable of taking labyrinthine umbrage.

Actually happened to me, many many years ago. Quite possibly I've mentioned it before. Bloke in the queue ran after the bus and stood in front of it when it got caught at the nearby traffic lights. Scared the driver so much he refused to open the doors.

GoblinAhFuckScary

Dr Rock

Quote from: Endicott on August 05, 2021, 12:02:10 PM
Actually happened to me, many many years ago. Quite possibly I've mentioned it before. Bloke in the queue ran after the bus and stood in front of it when it got caught at the nearby traffic lights. Scared the driver so much he refused to open the doors.

Same, but when I caught up with it as it came back not only did I stand in front of it, I punched and kicked the bus repeatedly. 28 years old I was. I actually was!

Paul Calf

bakabaka

The first place I lived in was a shit flat with no heating. Then, in mid-winter, I acquired a surprise girlfriend and my single duvet got renamed 'Umbrage'. If either of us pissed off the other we would take umbrage and the consequences were painful.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: bakabaka on August 05, 2021, 12:20:45 PM
The first place I lived in was a shit flat with no heating. Then, in mid-winter, I acquired a surprise girlfriend and my single duvet got renamed 'Umbrage'. If either of us pissed off the other we would take umbrage and the consequences were painful.

Instead of wanking in a sock, defecating in a duvet.  Umbrage.

Bigfella

Will somebody with internet skills please post a link to the 'it's a fuckin' bus' scene from 'Orphans', preferably including the wee guys slagging him off.  Cheers.

bgmnts

pancreas

Icehaven

Quote from: Endicott on August 05, 2021, 12:02:10 PM

A bus I was on went straight past three lads waiting at a stop and the only reason I could imagine was the bus driver just didn't like the look of them. However, we then hit a bit of a hold-up at a busy crossroads and the lads, having yelled and waved hand gestures as the bus sailed past them, saw their chance and started legging it to the next stop, which wasn't that far away. They were neck and neck for a bit but then the traffic cleared and the bus driver won. I hope he was happy, although being a fucking bus driver that's extremely doubtful.

Twit 2

Always carry a kettle of recently-boiled water to sling on anyone who slights me. Seems to work well in prisons, and they don't even have the flailing space.

Cuellar

Cold Meat Platter

"I've always said, just because you've taken umbrage doesn't meant you're right." - Ricky Gervais.

Inspector Norse

GoblinAhFuckScary

how oh how should we cross this body of water?

ummmmmmmmmm