Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 10:56:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Taskmaster Podcast

Started by Old Thrashbarg, August 05, 2021, 08:49:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

olliebean

Ah fuck, just realised that both Gamble and Herring will be contestants in the next Champion of Champions.

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: tinglingoxbow on August 23, 2021, 09:37:44 AM
To be fair to the producers, I think they were expecting to get the combative, childish, and pedantic stage-Herring of TMWRNJ and on-stage RHLSTP, rather than the route-one straight down the middle performance of (probably) real-Herring.

Yeah the producers had clearly never listened to Herring's podcast hearing him talk about Pojntless and the like, although they probably didn't expect him to be as win-focused as he was. It really did seem like any attempt at being funny or entertaining wasn't even on his radar, he was just there to win, treating as an actual competition and sucking the fun out of the show. To be fair to Gamble, Herring was much worse for being competitive and shit during the show, Gamble just sucks the fun out of every conversation he has ever had about Taskmaster since he appeared on it.

Quote from: olliebean on August 23, 2021, 09:53:50 AM
Ah fuck, just realised that both Gamble and Herring will be contestants in the next Champion of Champions.

Yeah that's going to be grim, thank fuck it'll only be a few eps rather than a series.

Virgo76

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on August 23, 2021, 09:13:22 AM
If you find Ed Gamble funny, then sure, go for it.
Not really the point. You said the podcast was "dry and humourless". While, to be fair, even if you personally hate Ed Gamble and his comedy, the podcast isn't. He's enthusiastic and there is lots of humour there, even if you're not a fan of it.

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on August 23, 2021, 10:06:12 AM
Yeah that's going to be grim, thank fuck it'll only be a few eps rather than a series.

Just one episode this time round.

I thought Herring would be a good contestant, maybe in the Al Murray or Rhod Gilbert mould - loud, stupid and happy to look like a bit of a tit.

It was funny to hear James Acaster taking the piss out of him on the recent RHLSTP for just doing the tasks in the most straightforward way possible and then going home. Herring defended doing so because he won which, yeah, really isn't the point of the show.

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: Virgo76 on August 23, 2021, 10:20:26 AM
Not really the point. You said the podcast was "dry and humourless". While, to be fair, even if you personally hate Ed Gamble and his comedy, the podcast isn't. He's enthusiastic and there is lots of humour there, even if you're not a fan of it.

If you're going to quote me, then at least use the actual quote, that's what quotation marks are for.

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on August 23, 2021, 08:29:02 AM
People like Gamble or Herring are entirely the wrong kind of person for the show. You want a bit of competitiveness to make it more fun but when you have people there purely to win, it shows, it sucks all the fun out of it. They couldn't have picked a more boring person for this podcast, what should be a joyous reflection of some very funny moments is instead an itv2 reality show aftershow, he's so fucking dry and serious about it all.

There we go. Never mentioned the podcast being humourless, just that Ed's approach to it is too dry and serious. Most of the humourous moments I've experienced on the podcast have come from the guest, not Ed. Hope that helps.

Quote from: Wayman C. McCreery on August 23, 2021, 10:48:56 AM
Just one episode this time round.

That is good news.

Greg Torso

PoOintless this innt. They should have 6 pods for each series of Taskmaster - one for each contestant and one with Alex or someone involved with production. Especially useless having someone on who hasn;t even bene on TM. I'm not interested in some bright-arsed Avalon gimp fresh off Richard Osman's House Of Games bleating on about how they would have filled an egg cup with spunk in an hour.