Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:08:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

where do you shop for clothes?

Started by the science eel, August 05, 2021, 10:33:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buelligan

Replies From View

Sorry, this is a new page so all contexts have been reset.

So, what clothes are there

Buelligan

Butchers Blind

Usually whichever clothes store has a sale on or discount going. I'm not fussy about which shop I buy from.

Replies From View

has anyone ever worn clothes before that were pure repairs.  by which I mean no patches of fabric left at all, just stitching and stitching and stitching all held together by stitching

buelligan what is the closest you have worn to a clothes that was pure repair

seepage

Pants: M&S UltraFit Sport & 'm/w', long discontinued. Not sure what to do when the arse eventually falls out of the last of them. Send them to Buelligan for repair?
Trousers: M&S moleskin jeans; Debenhams
Socks: Levi 168SF if they turn up in TK Maxx.
Everything else: TK Maxx 

I am so unfashionable and a cheap skate so Primark, Supermarkets and MandM direct mostly.

Replies From View

Quote from: seepage on August 06, 2021, 08:31:52 AM
Not sure what to do when the arse eventually falls out of the last of them. Send them to Buelligan for repair? 

An underpant's arse can never "fall out".

One thing I have consistently said, ever since I was about six years old:  the arse of an underpant should be viewed as its "vaccine", in the sense that, once administered, it simply cannot ever "fall out"

Buelligan

Utter balls, RFV, utter balls.  The arse falls out as readily as any other part.  Trick is to replace with careful diligent stitching, fine lace and sackcloth.  Most of my clothes are pure repairs.

Replies From View

so you are also by definition saying that a vaccine can "fall out"

which is the most maddening conspiracy horsecark i have yet heard.  it's like people have learned nothing during this pandemic.

i am no longer interested in clothes being pure repairs.  my attention has moved elsewhere

Buelligan

We're faulty.  Giant fails.  Live with it.  Many of us don't even carry the correct papers.

seepage

The weak spot is the waistband coming away from the rest of the pant. So technically the arse/vaccine will fall off rather than out, but the effect is the same. Another issue is burst groin seam, where applicable, but I can probably see a doctor about that.

Buelligan

The problem lies in your stubborn wearing of them inside the trouser.  Rubbage, you see?  Keep them nicely in a drawer or box and these troubles will not recur.  You have my word on that.

Replies From View

the only part of any underpant to have natural propensity towards wear and tear is the perineum zone.  the rest is sheer affectation

Replies From View

Quote from: Buelligan on August 06, 2021, 08:55:16 AM
The problem lies in your stubborn wearing of them inside the trouser.  Rubbage, you see?  Keep them nicely in a drawer or box and these troubles will not recur.  You have my word on that.

again the subject returns to clothes moths

seepage

Quote from: Buelligan on August 06, 2021, 08:55:16 AM

As a control, I have kept one pair in their original packaging inside a locked drawer and I can now confirm the above is indeed true.

poo

seepage

Quote from: seepage on August 06, 2021, 09:01:33 AM
As a control, I have kept one pair in their original packaging inside a locked drawer and I can now confirm the above is indeed true.

Actually the arse has simultaneously both not fallen off and fallen off the pant until I open the box. 

pigamus

Tony Tony Tony

Everyone seems to be getting their togs (one for the kids) from chain stores or charity shops. I have long since drifted from the world of fashion so am unsure if the sort of place I used to get my threads from still exist.

I would make a pilgrimage to Manchester Arndale to a boutique called Stolen From Ivor. I was the proud owner of a pair of 48" flares with patch pockets and a five button waistband. These were lethal in a high wind of when running as they could have you arse over tit on a regular basis. I also had a pair of Oxford bags with turn ups that would catch lit dog ends intended to have been flicked casually to the floor. On a couple of occasions I was almost burnt to the ground.

poo

I've got 90 of these t-shirts. This is Andrew not me.

Replies From View

Quote from: seepage on August 06, 2021, 09:01:33 AM

ohhh hark at the man who can afford to buy many many underpants and leave some of them sealed in their original packaging for the collectors' market years later

cheers mate if there's one thing I want the arse to fall out of it's that exact market

Replies From View

Blue Jam

You blow up the tree and use the leaves to make a dress for your wife who's also your brother

Dex Sawash

Sebastian Cobb

Online mostly, because I find clothes shops a tedious ordeal.

Maybe TK Maxx/Matalan for cheap seconds when it comes to work shirts/trousers.

greenman

TK Maxx, were a lazy man/tight man look like he's shopped at multiple places.

Sebastian Cobb

i guess if we ignore the 6 pack of invisible socks I bought off of eBay recently I think the last clothes I bought were from Loststock, got one nice shirt, one burgundy florid shirt that's a bit too loud and a jumper that I won't wear outside but feel quite comfortable spilling curry down when I'm watching telly.

steve98

"Where do you shop for clothes?" Is this a serious question? In 2021? Where do you shop for clothes?... I'm speechless.