Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,582,205
  • Total Topics: 106,728
  • Online Today: 897
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 04:17:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Alok the Spreader?

Started by Fambo Number Mive, August 06, 2021, 08:55:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

Despite Alok Sharmer travelling to 30 countries in seven months, six of which were on the red list, he did not need to isolate as he counted as "a crown servant".

I don't think COVID makes such distinctions and I'm sure Alok Sharma could do most of his work from home if he had isolated like everyone else.

The number of flights aren't great for the planet either.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2021/aug/06/cop26-president-alok-sharma-flew-to-30-countries-in-7-months?

bgmnts

It's all just a joke to these cunts.

mothman

What utter bollocks. I believe I can be defined as a crown servant, and I'm fairly sure I'm not entitled to any such exemptions.

Quote from: bgmnts on August 06, 2021, 10:04:10 AM
It's all just a joke to these cunts.

Amen. There was something else the other day. The civil servant who left classified materials at a bus stop was named. Turns out he was something senior at the MoD, and in line to be promoted to be HM Ambassador to NATO. That appointment is apparently not off the table despite his suspension from duty and withdrawal of security clearance. I mean, can you imagine? It's likely he went to the right school. It's a virtual certainty he went to one of the right pair of universities. And so he gets to keep his job. From what little I know of handling regs for classified information, anyone down at my level who swanned out of a secure area with that kind of stuff, let alone then leave it on public transport, well, keeping their cushy promotion on track would be the least of their worries.