Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:12:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Cricket 2021: Paedoph with the England test team

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, August 06, 2021, 04:19:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Norse

Quote from: Jonathan Agnew on the BBCAlthough Bairstow was bowled for a duck yesterday, he has been in good form without the big score to show for it

Now considering changing my vote to Tory to bin these fuckers

sevendaughters

Summer 2022 dates announced for England men. NZ (3 tests), India (white ball only), SA (white ball and 3 tests). Domestic T20 moved earlier in the year.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Buttler going 'straight into the side' Root says. Mentions competition for places but how is that the case when someone walks in having done absolutely nothing? Joke.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

The ICC Womens T20 qualifiers are back! Botswana 224-2, Eswatini 29 all out after 15 overs!

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Some more decent contests elsewhere. Sierra Leone and Nigeria, Uganda and Namibia close. Less of a disparity than the European section.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Wow, fucking hell, missed that somehow. All but one of my school cricket games were more competent than that.

One time we bowled a side out for 11 and won only by 3 wickets. Pitch was a disgrace, totally destroyed astroturf.

Thursday

Fuck me 10 of those 17 runs were extras.

Don't want to be mean, but it does seem like the only real barrier to being in the international side in some cases is mainly "having an interest in cricket."

Pranet

And a batsman for the USA has hit six sixes in an over.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/58507018

Before the decade is out England will be losing test matches in Florida.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eAC9Ql9RAU

Thursday

Kind of have to respect the mentality of Americans deciding they want to play Cricket.

Thursday

Game cancelled

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/58512624

England's fifth Test against India at Old Trafford has been cancelled after a number of the tourists' backroom staff tested positive for Covid-19.

India were unable to field a team because they fear further cases spreading through their squad.

India have forfeited the match, meaning the series is drawn 2-2.

A statement from the England and Wales Cricket Board said: "We send our sincere apologies to fans and partners for this news."

LMAO Series tied so everyone escapes scrutiny at losing at two home test series.

sevendaughters

what's that, Koach, IPL starts in 10 days? and the quarantine period is how long? interesting Koach. by the way do you mind if I lick these already posted letters?

Thursday

Quote from: Thursday on September 10, 2021, 08:52:37 AM
Game cancelled

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/58512624

LMAO Series tied so everyone escapes scrutiny at losing at two home test series.

Oh apparently not true after all 2-1 India at this point, although potential to change?

https://twitter.com/Vitu_E/status/1436237570006994953

Psybro

My attempts to see cricket at Old Trafford now read:

2013 Day 5 v Australia: 20 overs due to rain, some of which missed due to not getting there in time after a delayed start

2014 Day 4 v India: Test concluded in 3 days (it pissed down all day anyway)

2020 v Pakistan: Behind closed doors due to COVID

2021 v India: Cancelled due to COVID

sevendaughters

Quote from: Psybro on September 10, 2021, 09:12:44 AM

2013 Day 5 v Australia: 20 overs due to rain, some of which missed due to not getting there in time after a delayed start

ooof. my three visits to OT for tests were i. bowled Windies out to win and Chanderpaul hit a great rearguard century ii. bowled India out in a day to win iii. Root hits serene double century. You should have gone to those mate!

Inspector Norse

Quote from: sevendaughters on September 10, 2021, 08:59:49 AM
what's that, Koach, IPL starts in 10 days? and the quarantine period is how long? interesting Koach. by the way do you mind if I lick these already posted letters?

Makes perfect sense to me that the Indian players are more worried about catching covid if they go out into a large open outdoor space than if they spend 24 hours indoors in busy airports and on packed planes.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

This is bollocks. All had negative tests and they are at much less risk during the test than the spectators.

If you don't feel comfortable leaving your hotel to play cricket assume that applies to boarding a plane?

poo

Quote from: Psybro on September 10, 2021, 09:12:44 AM

Desolation

Harry Badger

The ECB will be able to spin this 2-1 series defeat as 'well, we would have won the last test but for covid. No need to make changes here. Fuck off and renew your Sky subscription plebs'

EDIT - what?
Quote10.28am The series is still live! The BCCI says that the two boards will look to reschedule the Test... remarkable scenes...
"In lieu of the strong relationship between BCCI and ECB, the BCCI has offered to ECB a rescheduling of the cancelled Test match. Both the Boards will work towards finding a window to reschedule this Test match."

George Oscar Bluth II

It's complete horseshit that this isn't in the books as an England win. We were there and were ready to play which, regardless of what you think about the England team at the moment, is the absolute minimum needed. India didn't fulfill that. 2-2.

If it goes to court it's 3-1. Download history admissible. Unless they can show Bairstow would have been dropped.

You could use that to blame the ECB: if they'd agreed to bring Old Trafford forward, we'd have had 5 Tests, but the cunts were more worried about TV and the Hundred than giving the players a break after the series.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

This stinks.

Mental health of apparently the entire team being trotted out. Why, if it is purely covid related? Will we expect to not see them in the IPL in 10 days? Yes. With big money at stake surrounded by 30000 mad homes fans and getting death threats from online betting addicts? Yes.

We need reform so players who tour get to play and quotas so players don't burnout but you can't have it both ways.

India should finish this series next spring and compensate all ticket holders for abandoning this match.

poo

A few lost days of what would've been solid gold paedo thread. Gone. Fucking tamping!

rjd2

If this was Pakistan or Sri Lanka this would be a straight forward forfeit as ultimately India have not fulfilled the fixture for whatever reason they insist on , but obviously the ECB are terrified of the BCCI so we get all sorts of drivel regarding a rescheduled test.

king_tubby

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: king_tubby on September 13, 2021, 08:30:27 AM
MANKAD! Love a bit of the old Mankad, so this amused me highly.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/58539015

This qualifying tournament is the gift that keeps on giving. That's about the 11th occasion of something happening that you'd struggle to see even in school cricket.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/58544156

Rightly focusing on the terrible state the test team are in, yet still found time to invent that Bairstow had come and scored runs, despite the article displaying a graphic proving he hasn't.